Will black bears attack...

Will black bears attack? I live on a lake peninsula and there have been reports of a 500-pound black bear roaming around. I’m afraid to walk my dog in fear of getting attacked. If I were to get confronted by this bear would standard mace work?

Attached: 5801AF07-F74D-49E3-8555-B7FE868A42AE.jpg (427x578, 114K)

If they attack they're likely just hungry. I'd be VERY careful walking your dog, and I'd carry bear spray or a stick with you. From what I've read, fighting back will usually repel them. That being said, it's not guaranteed that they'll attack if they see you.

Not unless really really hungry... or mama bear. You can even play with them, would suggest walk straight to them and slap them, in beat language that’s like saying “my nigga”

Why be very careful walking my dog?

More for the dog's safety than yours. I don't know how dogs react to bears, but I wouldn't guess it'll end well.

Yeah I don’t want my doggie getting jumped lol

/out/fag here, all of the black bears I've come across usually just run away once they notice me. The only times they haven't is when they have cubs, which they have stood their ground and don't continue with their own business until I've gone out of sight. Make sure it's not a sow with cubs otherwise you'll have a bad fuckin day.

This

How do dogs react to bears? I have a golden doodle

Unless it's a mom with cubs, don't sweat it. Like most animals, bears will avoid humans as best they can.

The dog will more than likely scare it off if anything.

They'll flee 90% of the time. Loud sounds in general will spook them.

It's a black bear you faggot nigger. I lived in Alaska for a decade those little cunts don't do shit if you just throw rocks and whatnot. It's grizzlies you gotta worry about. . .

I FUCKING LOVE BEARS DUDE

>T. Hungry Bear

Attached: 1570603347575.jpg (480x480, 29K)

Black bears generally pretty chill.
If one fronts on you just try to look big and shout at it. The dog will actually be helpful because he will be extra loud. And be a second thing to fuck with for the bear.

They won't want the trouble and will usually fuck off.

I have a bear bell that I attach to my rucksack when I'm in bear country it makes fairly constant noise and if I see a big pile of shit that could be a bear I make sure to make lots of noise, I talk to the bears that may be around (hey bears, just passing through bears, don't want to scare you bears please don't mess with me). You don't want to surprise them so if they hear you before they see you they may fuck off before you see them.

You'll be fine unless you get between a momma and her cubs. Your dog will probably run after it and either chase it away or get mauled.

And if you see cubs, but no momma, get the fuck out of there.

Outdoor guy here. Black bears kill more humans than any other bear...FACT. The worst are the older rogue males in the fall, right before hibernation. 99% of the time a bear will run away. The other 1%, you're in big troule. Carry a large side arm (45 cal works great)

because a bear is a huge predator and a dog looks like a juicy hamburger to them

Maybe their high number of kills is because they live in closer proximity to people

Yes. Anything nigger will attack

black bears are not likely to attack most of the time
but its always best to have the means to defend yourself in the case one does attack
because a black bear will fuck you up if it does

blast mumble rap ongo bongo nigger music while walking your dog through the forest
black bears should leave you be if you do

>not carrying 2 guns on you at all times
so much for your anti gun rhetoric, my country is safe, huh, faggot?

>a bear bell

tfw no bear bell

Attached: 1570468277825.jpg (362x507, 34K)

500 pounds is a fucking huge black bear. Black bears normally eat berries and shit so they only attack if they are very hungry or feel threatened. I’d suggest carrying a 40+mil handgun.

a black bear may be the nigger of the bear world but it can still fuck up a human if you are unarmed
bring a gun with you and if you catch a glimpse of it and it doesnt imediately flee shoot it

Treat a black bear as you would a nigger and youre good to go

Whys this? Is it cus itll think ur the one who took them?

Are you 12?

Kek

Its a bear. group up with skilled hunters and kill it.

Don't rely your life on mace, get a gun ffs. At least you amerikens can carry firearms

do you have a gun op?
if you do why not hunt it
lots of meat on that big boy and you dont need to worry for your dog anymore

Punch em in the jaw, they're pussies.

no they are bears not cats!

Attached: A7b92742-s.png (480x304, 404K)

Touche

No 13

Attached: iy6POqI.jpg (1134x1620, 73K)

words of wisdom from the champ himself!

yes, dey black m8

Here’s a question then (not OP but moving to bcountry soon and like hiking); say you have a gun, how far away is the bear when you say okay this is unsafe i’m shooting it? What kind of behavior should I look for? Is it as simple as if ones running at me or is it body language? I feel like if a bear is just walking towards you nothing will happen yeah?