Why the fuck did i watch this normie soap opera?

why the fuck did i watch this normie soap opera?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HjE9Fl4zKNs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oscar bait youtube.com/watch?v=HjE9Fl4zKNs

>normie
>soap opera
OP you are retarded I'm sorry

You fell for the Sup Forums meme recommendations that's why

It was a good film.

It was good enough, not really anything to remember though.

>Literally nothing happens: The Movie

>"i.....i can't beat it.....................................i can't beat it.................................."
>cue more moping
is there a more self-pitying film in existence?

because you are a girl. or campgay.

>Literally nothing happens

that's what the doctor said when they gave you a brain scan

They should have just let him kill himself

I am so relieved it didn't win Best Picture so it will quietly fade from this board's memory

The plebs here are hilariously too tasteless to enjoy Kenny Lonergan's masterpieces

stay pleb forever Sup Forums, maybe go watch la la land

Shitty oscar bait melodrama

It's really not that good.

Without a doubt one of the best films of last year

Care to share your list? I want to know what kind of people dislike this movie. I mean I know you're a pleb but I'd like to see it clearly.

My list?

fave films of last year

I'm curious

I don't have any, there weren't any really worth remembering out of the ones I watched.

Doesn't sound like you watch/enjoy films in that case

There were plenty of great movies last year

it was the best film of the year

Such as?

stop being afraid to enjoy stuff you faggot contrarian

Aside from Manchester, these:

Sunset Song
Fire at Sea
Cameraperson
Nocturama
Certain Women
Silence
Knight of Cups
No Home Movie
Aquarius
Paterson

I forgot about Silence, that was pretty good.

Enjoying something doesn't mean it's great. I enjoyed Manchester but it was forgettable.

>has seen one movie from the list

again, you don't much sound like someone who watches films

especially as Silence is also a masterpiece and you've already forgotten it

Best film of 2016 by far, ridiculously good writing and acting.
I almost never rewatch anything, but I already saw Manchester by the Sea three times now, notice new things and love it even more with every viewing.

If it weren't for the occasional jarring cuts in editing and the Adagio in G minor in the police department scene, the film would be a literal 10/10.

I was watching older stuff last year, didn't really pay attention to new releases.

You throw out masterpiece too quickly.

Silence is one of Scorsese's very best films. It's probably the only movie of last year I would use that term on.

I think it's his best beside Taxi Driver (haven't seen RB) but it was a pretty simple film, great for sure though.

Normies hate this film because of Casey Affleck and "ughhh it's so boringggg"
Soap operas are an entirely different genre alltogether.

You're factually wrong my dear amigo friend.

A pretty simple film?

You sound like a very bizarre person. It's without a doubt one of his most knotty, complex works.

>Silence
>even remotely good
Pick 1. I was almost going to check out the ones i havent seen from your recommendations but that blew it, genuinely one of scorseses worst blunders.

Absolutely embarrassing lad.

It's without a doubt one of his best movies.

also, the ones you haven't seen? you haven't seen any of them because you don't have an interest in movies.

Jesus Christ Brie Larson get a life.

Did you even read the whole post or just the first line?

I said Manchester is great.

Manchester by the Sea is undoubtedly Longergan's best work yet.
You Can Count on Me and Margaret are only good writing wise, the rest of the filmmaking elements are not on-par with it (especially in Margaret, which even Lonergan himself agrees)

Uh what? Where does Lonergan agree with that?

And I would say you're completely wrong. Margaret is easily his masterpiece and one of the best films of the current century. You Can Count On Me is on par with Manchester or even slightly better.

For real though link me to the Lonergan comments you alluded to because I know his career fairly well and I'm almost 100% he's never criticized Margaret beyond lamenting its labored production history. I mean it wouldn't matter at all if he thought that, just because an artist doesn't like a work doesn't mean much, but I am curious.

I read what catches my eye and jump to conclusions.

Its historically inaccurate and feels like a movie, i wasnt immersed to 17th century for a split second.

It represents christian and buddhist "brotherhoods" as direct adversarial entities.

It completely ignores all the other religious implications at the time, including extremely strong split of the christian church.

Accents vary from monotonous american english to cringeworthy meme accents, original local languages barely present, including latin.

Some of the worst acting around. Andrew Garfield especially completely botches his part, as expected.

Boring as hell, dancing around the same metaphysical problem for 2,5 hours with no actual spirituality to be felt or seen, much thanks to lackluster writing and awful acting... which ones again brings as to Andrew Garfields constant inane introspection.

The only positive aspects of the movie were Adam Driver who apparently can actually act (+ couple small side characters) and good cinematography.

If you want to watch a periodic piece with religious themes that doesnt get completely bastardized by hollywood, check out The Name of the Rose (even though it is ultimately a murder mystery).

>It's without a doubt one of his most knotty, complex works.
That's really not saying much

>It represents christian and buddhist "brotherhoods" as direct adversarial entities.
the adversaries were not buddhist brotherhoods but the japanese state

>It completely ignores all the other religious implications at the time, including extremely strong split of the christian church.
why would the story need that?

>why would the story need that?
It doesnt need that, its just one of the numerous black&white 1 dimensional presentations the movie presents. Silence has a lot bigger issues than that, im just baffled by these film buffs in this thread who are either circlejerking or watch their movies without sound while blindfolded, there were several good movies last year but silence was not one of them.

I really can't stand Casey Aflleck. Anyone else?