Tfw people are going to go watch this thinking it's a horror movie about clowns

>tfw people are going to go watch this thinking it's a horror movie about clowns
>tfw the trailers and promotions all enforce this

>tfw the look on their faces when they realize it's actually about a group of kids enlisted by a gigantic benevolent turtle god to defeat a transdimensional evil eldritch demon taking the form of a spider on earth while hiding from the turtle god but also trying to build up the power to defeat the turtle god and is sealed away by an initial ritual aided by the turtle god but later comes back when the turtle god dies due to other reasons so the main kids now grownup must unite and in the name of the turtle god fight the evil transdimensional spider demon one last time and slay him to finally put an end to the evil he seeks to enact on the macroverse and mainstream universe

also what the fuck was stephen king smoking when he wrote this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Turtle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is this a reference to the turtle? Doesn't the turtle guide the boat to the storm drain in the book?

It's a frog named kek not a turtle

No, the turtle and It are rivals, one good the other evil, and the turtle tries to fuck with It and It keeps running away, so the turtle decides to step back and help the kids take him on. The book is less about evil clowns and more about two vague god-like entities, a turtle and a spider, fighting each other in a million-years-old war.

I remember the turtle saying he got georgie killed since he needed bill to be motivated in killing IT.

>spider
>spider

It's a drider.

It is a really, really weird novel with some of the most inconsistent writing I've ever seen in a Lovecraftesque horror book.

The way I remember it is the turtle god is a good guy who created the entire universe, but It was an evil spirit living there beforehand and was initially subservient to the turtle, then became rebellious, then the turtle chased him away because he was a few fuckatons more powerful than It, so It has been fleeing from him and fucking him with then fleeing again repeatedly.

When It came to Earth he started feeding off of fear and mortals to gain strength, hoping one day to be able to usurp the turtle. Knowing It would just run away again if he confronted him, assuming he could even find the slippery fuck, the turtle baited It with George in order to get the kids motivated to fight It, then gave them the strength indirectly to do so, thinking It would be too proud to run away from mortal kids, and he was absolutely right.

The turtle explained it more or less as a sacrifice of one for the good of all, because through his death It didn't run away and instead got put away, then later killed.

Pills and cocaine. One of them. That man never stops writing in whatever state hes in

WHEN DO ALL THE KIDS FUCK?

I wonder if they're going to have some Dark Tower shit in it to build up the Stephen King cinematic universe.

The Losers Club is essentially a ka-tet.

It has a lot of evil clown shenannagins though.

I just want to see Floating Dragon.

A book that came out at the same time with almost the exact same plot, except the bad guy is a fucking dragon.

I'm only watching for pic related. I had no idea there were clowns in this movie.

I haven't read the book in about 10 years, but I don't remember the turtle being too involved in the conflict. It was just sorta there.

I'm just gonna watch this for the Bev gangrape

Bill and fatboy build a sweat lodge that makes them hallucinate themselves into the macro verse where they meet Maturin. There they learn of the origins of IT and the ritual of Chüd.

The turtle will be featured and have a larger role in the film

The turtle will be Gamera

Shut the fuck up tabletop faggot, it's literally known as "the Spider", kill yourself

It's not a spider and it's not a gay fantasy non-spider. The spider form is automatically given by the kids minds because they can't comprehend its real form and so their minds chose a spider as a placeholder form.

Is Stephen King /ourguy/?

Wrong, it's a drider but was shown as a spider because the children didn't know what a drider was

Reading The Stand at the moment and I have noticed that King frequently uses the word Nigger. I'm currently on chapter 35 and every time King mentions black people he uses the word, with the exception of the scene where black soldiers clad in loincloths execute white soldiers live on tv (chapter 27, I think).

I understand that King has racist characters in his books, and that he uses nigger when he is writing from their perspectives, but I find him using it in his "narrator's voice" in The Stand. He throws the word in every time he refers to black background characters and it's becoming jarring.

It's been years since i read IT.

Wasn't the turtle dead during the last part? Or was it just IT's ego who made it think that?

He was smoking literally everything. Dude was on drugs for the better part oft his carrer.

I wonder if this version will include the graphic sex scene of a bunch of eleven year olds having an orgy

The only part i remember where the narrator calls anyone a nigger is in the prison part.

I read Bev as Xev and got excited

Oh yead, forgot the part where Trashcan mans dad buys a gun from "A nigger in a bar".

It's pretty accurate tho, in a post-apocalyptic world there would be no political correctness and any surviving black people would get called niggers constantly

Also Stephen King's white guilt is probably due to him being a closeted racist, lots of SJW are secretly extremely prejudiced

Am i the only one who hates the fact that King stole A'tuin from discworld and nobody realises this/gives a shit?
King is a fucking hack. I never read a King book that didn't have a shit ending, and him trying to connect all his stories to try make him look a decent writer is cringeworthy.

so...yes?

uh, wut?

Who cares?

I'm not joking user, there's literally a scene in the original book where an eleven year old girl gets (consensually) gang banged by a bunch of eleven year old boys, Stephen King is a sick fuck tbqh

Where are you guys getting this turtle stuff from?

Seriously, this happened. I remember that angered me actually that he would fuck up a decent quality novel like that. It derailed the whole fucking thing imho.

I'm imagining him coked out of his mind trying to stem the mania with downers and booze cooking this shit up and I don't even

Driders are part humanoid

It isn't

That part in the original movie where the clown turns into a huge spider was the stupidest fucking thing I have ever seen. I watched it as a little kid and it completely destroyed the horror that had built up to that point. I don't care if that's what is like in the book, they should completely scrap that shit.

Also fuck Stephen King.

Shock value. If you want the reader to hate somebody and to feel bad about somebody else add a rapescene.
What an amazing writer, up there with george rr martin

God you people don't remember shit about this book.

The sweat lodge showed the coming of It to Earth. Mike and Richie were the ones who saw It.

The Turtle is largely inconsequential. He's the embodiment of the White/ka. He's nor at war with It. They just coexist and hate each other

This

Protip: King inserts unnecessary yet disturbing sexual subplots into a lot of his stories, it's pretty jarring if you're only familiar with the movie/tv adaptions of his works

The gangbang in It isn't a rape scene tho

Assigned reading

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Turtle

>I don't even

Get the fuck off my board and return to wherever the fuck you came from

>Stephen King cinematic universe
this 'cinematic universe' meme has gone too far already

>Yfw they will show the turtle in this movie and the final scene will reveal elephants on its back and then they will start a full discworld cinematic universe and disregard king's stories forever because he's a hack

That's not in the book

Didn't the turtle die because it puked inside its own shell and suffocated? How could It be scared of such a giant failure of a faggot animal?

>He doesn't know it's a Sup Forums meme
>Newfag detected

Is this shit in the book? It's been a while since I saw the original film.

>It was used ironically
>N-newfag!

Not an argument

this guy gets it

y u so mad?

There's this book, and it's written by Stephen King, and it's called...

IT!

Digits confirm

The creatures from the dungeon dimension are scarier than IT anyway.

Agreed.
It would have been better to keep Pennywise's true form a secret from the audience.

A mystery is always more intriguing than an answer in fiction. Especially so in horror.

Absolutely not. Limp wristed liberal faggot who can't handle his booze or his vans.

He choked on some galaxies if I remember correctly.

King is such a fucking hack.

>Vans

Ouch!

Steven King said he was a massive cocaine addict in the 80's. Apparently he doesn't even remember directing Maximum Overdrive.

The Turtle isn't a god, it's just one of the guardians of the beams. Like that giant cyborg bear.

I distinctly recall the line, "he choked to death coughing up some galaxy years ago" or something very similar.

this book sounds wild af.

>Giant cyborg bear

You mean Shardik

That's... because he didn't direct it. He got director credits, but that wa smostly a publicity thing. He was, in practice, second chair director and didn't do much at all. It was (still is) something Hollywood likes to pull sometimes to get people in the theatre seats.

>Shardik

That's the one!

The gangbang is suggested by Bev as some B.S. metaphor for the loss of childhood innocence and was 100% consensual.

Or she's just some girl who got raped by daddy and now has issues with sex and relationships.

How would he choke come to think of it? He's a space turtle, how does he get oxygen in the first place and why does he need it?

Yup. Waste Lands was the peak of the DT series. It went downhill from there. It's the only book of the series that I re-read sometimes.

This is the best fanart ever!

I've can never tell if King is actually bad, or just one of those guys who get hated because it's a really cheap way to signal you're refined.

So why is EVERYONE talking about this?

I refuse to believe IT was that popular, even miniseries got "eh" reactions aside Tim Cook.

I mean were the other series that requested on the past?

The fuck is going on?

>Waste Lands was the peak of the DT series

Agreed

The miniseries is really weird because they act as adults like the gangbang actually happened.

The later. He's good for what he is and he doesn't pretend to be some classy fuck. People have too much expectations of him because of his popularity and the number of things he's written. He's just a really good pulp writer. Close to being real literature, but not quite.

He for sure did. There's a while HDTGM episode about the film and also Blake Harris did an article about the film where king was continued to be credited as director. So either I can believe every single person involved with making and researching the film, or some guy online who is pretty sure Hollywood lies about that sometimes.

The miniseries is pretty popular. People love to talk about Tim Curry as It. Idk about this new one though, Sup Forums and targeted ads on Facebook are the only things over seen about it.
Maybe he didn't choke so much as over exert himself, like dying during childbirth? maybe it just lost its power and it was just saying that as a quick way to get across to the losers club that their sides' force was no longer around?

>Space eldritch alien that turns into a fucking clown

R
E
T
A
R
D
E
D

Shardik thread?

Are you unironically suggesting that the only thing keeping people from using highly offensive and derogatory terms is "PC-ness"?

Stephen King has even described his writing as being "The Big-Mac of literature."

If Sup Forums was writing the script it would've been 2 hours of underage train in the sewers without any mention of It, just lots pf feet shots.

He "died" because of what happened in the Gunslinger universe (the world changed).

Even back then King had some ideas about his DT series that went into his other works. He also wrote The Shining as a contrast to the death of Jake in The Gunslinger. Or the other way around, I forget. It's been some time since I read On Writing. Good book, btw.

For some people, yes.

I never got why a dumb slingshot can harm literal god.

>just started listening to the IT audiobok
>45 hours of wonderful horror entertainment

Feels good friends.

>on writing
I have that one, never finished it. I also have a shit ton of Stephen king books. It's what I grew up reading. I never read any of the dark tower series though. Hate to burst your bubble, but even now yes. Especially for people who were adults around the time The Stand was published.

Because they BELIEVED it would.

IT feeds on the fear of people through a psychic link. This link also makes IT vulnerable to people when they show courage.

It wasn't the slingshot that hurt IT, it was the kid's courage.

It wasn't the slingshot, it wasn't the silver, it was the losers club faith in the weapons and each other.
Remember when Richie used his asthma inhaler by saying, "this is battery acid"
he thrusts his fists against the post and still insists he sees the ghost

I'd pay billions of dollars for this

Big Macs are comfort food if taken in moderation.

King>Barker>Rice>Koontz and Company(Z. Brite, Steakley, Harris, etc,)>Rowling>>>>>YA

NO TIM CURRY

NO BUY

>mfw when IT will never sing Sweet Transvestite

Who reads it?

But wouldn't ancient eldritch god know that slingshot is harmless to him/her?

How to kill It: trick it into playing with you at "floor is now lava"

are you serious or just pretending to be obtuse?

How many people are gonna walk out of the theater when they're suddenly witnesses to an orgy with underage kids?