blue/orange filter

I can't think of a more meaningless storyline in hollywood history

Too much sand not enough rape

you sure about that?

>not enough.. LBQTEFAF-characters
>too many whites
>every white male character in the film is white

REEEEEEE

Shouldn't have been a Mad Max movie. Should've been its own story in the Mad Max universe. Call it 'somethingsomething - a Mad Max story' or whatever.

max gets roped into the lamest coup of all time

somebody dies and they waste water woo hoo

>this thread has less than 3/4 male posters
wah wah wah women blah blah blah sand in their pussies, x Marx the spot, no has a wet enough tung to lick the treasure map, a modern tale indeed.

This

The filter made it shit.

Furiosa and the wives, I don't mind the grandma bikers.

remove 50% of their screentime and this film will be 10/10

>kino

STOP SAYING HOMOSEX WORDS STOP PROPAGATING YOUR GAYNESS STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

Can't find one, it's the pinneacle of kino

this

every person who writes "kino" on Sup Forums automatically discredits himself and sounds like a cringy loser

(no this context doesnt count, you fat retards)

>LBQTEFAF

one of those f's better be furry because furry lives matter

#furrylivesmatter

Max is too young, he's survived the apocalypse yet it looks like it's been long enough to become cartoon level post-apocalyptic. Nothing against Hardy , Max just would have been cooler if he were older and more grizzled, and it might have fit the character's silent nature better.

the behind the scenes videos are amazing

I'm convinced cgi isn't even a cheaper option, Fury Road had comparatively less budget than other block busters and they had 6 months in the desert doing real stunts. Hollywood is just lazy.

Says the guy who hates mad max

the last act of the movie is a bit odd. like how doesnt max get shot when he is climbing on the rig? theres like 30 dudes just looking at him.

It ripped off Stagecoach big-time.

>redditors cant appreciate кинo

seems about right

>mfw slav
>kino is actually the word for the cinema here

You sound like a loser yourself my man

An excellent action movie. The story was maybe a little weak but it worked well enough.

What about Little People? Little People matter, too!

All you "muh feminist agenda" couldn't be more wrong

>Stronk female character needs to be saved by max
>dumb bitches have no plan, decide riding off aimlessly into the desert is a good idea, Max tells them they're fucking stupid so they listen to him instead
>in the end it was up to the men of the citadel to actually let them in
>women making the escape had no plan to begin with
>all those dumb cunts would have died if it weren't for Nux's sacrifice
>movie constantly points out how spoiled and wasteful the wives are
>dumb bitches had a green place, let it get all fucked up and had to leave

George Miller is a clever cunt and an absolute madman.

пpoвepил их, friend

Baнюшкa, мaй coн...

t. paranoid schizo who see's the boogeyman in every film

Not enough Falcon.

Based Mel wasn't in it

meow meow miawok. meow mew mow meow meow. meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow.

big guy was a bad choice

what did he mean by that

>see's

Not to mention anyone who uses the term "boogeyman" when referring to a group is 99.9% for sure a part of that group.

There seems to be some interference in the script though.

Probably it went like this - Miller approves script->feminazi editor inserts feminism->Miller modifies it a little bit and this is the final version. George is liberal himself but not that much of it.

The hint here is the reasoning behind the escape - they're running away because Immortan would have kids with them and that's evil because... well it's evil, man having kids with woman and not leaving them to be single mothers is evil(this reasoning is especially visible with his favourite wife who was already pregnant). That's it, that's all there is. If the person who gave this idea wasn't blinded by her daddy issues so much, they would at least make Joe have some terrible kink that makes this little bit more believable.
Nobody cares about Max until he takes off the mask, which is the exact opposite of what would I expect from Tom Hardy's character.

The chick that made the vagina monologues helped guide the actresses and script.

Immortan Joe wasn't a great villain, not nearly as good as The Humungus or Toecutter. Max felt too much like a side character, despite his lack of lines in The Road Warrior, he still had plenty of presence, which was missing here. Tom Hardy was also not a good choice for Max.

Otherwise, it's excellent.

let's go here
let's go back
we won

>guy tells me this movie was awful
>tells me it wasn't even about max
>did you see the other ones
>no

every time

seriously EVERY FUCKING TIME

this. 2 hours is too long for such a tiny plot. i yawned quite a few times. the teaser trailer was a masterpiece though youtube.com/watch?v=YWNWi-ZWL3c

Action scenes are masterpieces but overall plot is shit.

not this time faggot. the other ones WERE about max. is there something like furiosa in mad max 1 and 2?

>muh plot

She was on set for 7 days out of 7 months. She had no impact on the script and was only there because she was a friend of Miller and had worked with actual sex slaves in the Congo. She worked with the wives-actors for character guidance or whatever.

This fact was a footnote in a bunch of production stuff, but got memed into bizarre proportions by idiot MRA's. The outrage naturally lead to journalism reporting on it, which lead to a genius marketing campaign by WB: pretend it was feminist all along. MRA's were boycotting the movie (and thier Presance was magnified by 1000x by every news outlet using the same blog post as a source and vaguely claiming large numbers) so feminists wernt skeptical of the pandering, if the enemy hated it, it must by good. So after seeing the movie, they justified everything they saw as feminist and cut down anyone saying otherwise, they even turned on Anita Sarkesian who didn't like the movie very much, but got shit from her own supporters when she said so. Once a narrative is established its very hard to change it.

I'd say WB faked the outrage, but the guy who's blog was reposted everywhere had an account lasting years, so him being a plant is unlikely.

Funny thing is: before all this happened the first trailer was called sexist because they assumed Max would be saving a bunch of "Victoria secret models" and the story would be typical damsel in distress.

The script was written in 1997 by Miller on a plane ride from Sydeny to LA and barely changed at all since. So unless your going to claim a 70 year old man is an SJW, your claims are meaningless.

Hmmmm nootka

1 is Max's story through and through.

2 is the same as Fury Road except there's no singular character as present as Furiosa, but it's still Max reluctantly helping some people and ending up alone in the desert at the end. In both movies the Villian has no qualms with Max, except a minor bad guy having a bit of a rivalry.

The tribe of women only existed to give max and furiosa more guns for the final battle

Not enough showing gas town or the bullet farm

can we talk about the real issue?

why is Sup Forums gay for tom hardy?

I wanted more of the people eater and the bullet farmer.

His scene was fantastic, especially when he went blind.

Went to gas town in the video game. Not a good representation of it.

i'm not even saying this ironically or to bait people

this movie was fucking shit. it was non-stop average action for 2 hours, so there ended up being zero tension or excitement and it all just fucking dragged. shit story too

>cringy loser

> not showing Gas Town or Bullet Farm

Agreed, especially since the artwork they did was pretty cool. But extended scenes there would have killed the pacing, quick scenes of People Eater/Bullet Farmer noticing the flares and readying thier war-parties would have been cool, but not enough to justify building the sets sadly.

He reads us bed time stories

People Eater had amazing characterisation for someone with 4 lines.

> obese
> elelphantitas leg
> torn business suit
> overly concerned with the material loss of the adventure
> nipple rings connected to a chain that he plays with
> ornate fake nose
> o-face when he runs over that girl (also takes the wheel so he can do it himself)

I always wondered what he meant when he said "we must protect the assets". Was he saying remember not to shoot the wives, or was he telling Bullet Farmer not to waste anymore precious bullets. Both interpretations go completly ignored though, since he fires all the ammunition he has blindly into the night hoping to hit the right people.

The perfect film...

I've always wondered how Joe convinced him and the bullet farmer to supply him with shit.

Then again, War boys look like they are good labour.

Joe had water, probably traded it for the goods.

>Water
>Bullets
>Fuel

Sounds like Murrica.

Bullets and Gas are useless if you don't have any food or water. The Citadel was inpenertratable if the lifts were up (the bits that mattered anyway). Trading makes perfect sense. They seem to be in a "military" pact as well, since niether People Eater or Bullet Farm give a shit about Joes runaway wives, but they still turn up and lend thier armies.

I don't think either other town used War Boys. None of thier guys wear white paint or do the paint huffing stuff.

The originals were better

It was very entertaining and had great photography and costume/vehicle design and tom hardy.

Why didnt they just use old Mel Gibson? Big Guy kinda sucked.

>no Mel
>feminism
>Theron

They're old friends who split resource locations between each other. They're two factions of the same larger gang.

The game is better.

Great visuals, rest is meh. Just finished the game yesterday and it had way better vibe than this movie, especially the ending, though it was kinda asspull-is.

>I
>didn't
>watch it

And Mel sat right next to Miller himself at the premiere and said he loved it, so stick that in your tailpipe

I love this movie and I think it's got the best cinematography of recent years, BUT the filter they use for the night scenes is dreadful. What the fuck was Miller thinking? It's painfully obvious it's just a blue filter on what is probably a midday shot. I usually don't even care about this stuff, so here it's just THAT bad.

ADHD the movie

The road warrior is still my favorite.

Makes more sense for the assets to be Joe's wives.

Aren't the People Eater and Bullet Farmer Joe's brothers? Or his brother and the other his son? They would want to keep the Citadel, Gas Farm and Bullet Farm controlled by their family, and Joe needs to make kids to do that.

That's kind of the more importatn plothole in FR

CONSIDERING A POST APOCALYPTIC FUTURE the wives had absolutely everything they could need to survive, and live, better than the other 99.999% of the population.
The reason for them to escape was stupid, and them just returning there was stupid as well.

All the frame-skipping done as a failed attempt to fix the incorrect camera settings in post-production. Normal 24fps is bad enough already. This is so bad it's impossible to focus on the story because you're so frequently being distracted by the terrible motion quality. It's not even consistently bad, it varies from scene to scene, so you can't get used to it.

There is some anonymous here who claims 1 and 2 do the same thing, but I have personally checked and he is lying.

>automatically discredits himself

what are you going to do? Follow that person around and downvote every post my dude? xd!!

There is black and white version too, user

>black and chrome version
FTFY

I thought it was OK, then I realised that Theron's character is actually Max. Then I thought what a cop out.

Road warrior exist. Seriously, I dont give a fuck about femminist, liberals, meminist, transexual attack helicopter. Road warrior is grim vision of future where society collapses into surviving of fittest yet despite all of that one man finds a will to do good despite how irrational it is in his situation. Furry road? Overblown cartoon car chase with forgettable characters and symbolism that make Snyder looks reasonable.

None flaws

What if they just don't wanna have his babies? Forcing them to do that is immoral

Furiosa thought she could take them to the Sandhags, who had a pretty good setup before it got fucked

SJW trash
A flop of epic proportions
Reddit loves it

T. Angry virgin

shut up just shut up.
Im a white nationalist myself but fuck off this move was pure kino. ANd Furiosa was finally a decent female heroine ,the princesses were kinda dumb but the rest was goat

There was a comic they released that told Joe's story, the bullet farm guy was his buddy and the gas town guy was some dude that helped him take over the citadel.

Star wars?
Lord of the rings?
Indiana Jones?
Jaws?

Fuck you retard. The camera work is one of the greatest things about the movie. Everything vital is right center screen. Sorry you have ADD

this

it was shit compared to original mad max movies
tons of action but barely anything else, shit "story", shit dialogue, shit characters.

it's a typical 2010s' movie, too much action, too little of everything that makes a good movie

>We will all but certainly never see a sequel.

There, I found one.

This particular CG close-up feel out of place and imo has a lower quality than the rest of the movie.

The guitar itself is very cool though, so at least there's that.

I felt the abrupt 180 back to the Citadel killed the relentlessly purposeful momentum that was built up throughout the first 2/3's of the movie. It really took the gas out the tank.

I wish we got more action movies like this these days. Hyper violent, over the top action is great when done well.

Only thing fake in that entire shot is the steering wheel. Special features are rad.

Probably shot only for the 3D.

im not watching it at this moment right now

3D should be illegal.

That looks so awesome. Fuck me Mad Max has such a good aesthetic