Someone literally ARCHIVED the entire imdb forums

before they were shutdown and made them available again.

moviechat.org

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13653948
moviechat.org/movies/tt0072114
moviechat.org/movies/tt0851851
moviechat.org/movies/tt0104692
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Comments by the author news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13653948

Yeah I found this the other day. Still trying to cope with the imdb forums loss

have a bump

Holy shit it's true. Even my posts are archived.

moviechat.org/movies/tt0072114

I haven't been to the imdb forums in years. Why did they shut them down?

>the entire imdb forums
Except that the imdb forums were never archived by imdb in the first place, and were in fact deleted on a regular basis.

damn i thought they moved them

probably shut them down cause every movie had a discussion about racism, sexism , social justice under them

>probably shut them down cause every movie had a discussion about racism, sexism , social justice under them
Anyone else feel like there are less and less places to discuss shit these days? It seems like they're trying to push everyone to use Facebook Twitter, Reddit or any other places where people can be easily identified. If Sup Forums ever gets shut down, I don't know where I'd go.

Nice! Fucking imdb are retards for deleting it all in the first place

Everybody behaved like Sup Forums visitors.

>Anyone else feel like

how reddit can you get really?

moviechat.org/movies/tt0851851
these were shit though

this deserves bump.
excellent find

I don't go on reddit, so I have no idea how people over there speak. You seem to have a pretty good idea though, I wonder why?

no they didn't

plenty of my posts, that were up in imdb, are missing here.

>excellent find
Everyone knows about moviechat, it's been up since the imdb was taken down. People are just too lazy to make new accounts.

Thank god, my cringy shit is forever lost.

They need to reinstate that forums. I still can't get over it the loss

can someone whip up a script that implements a movie's moviechat forum on the movie's imdb page? it would be like old times.

Guess who will be happy

>they were shutdown
What

Not necessarily. Just depends if your posts were on the boards that were reset or not, and when.

that's a good idea

IMDb's forums were shit. guarantee the most popular thread on any movie was "this movie is fucking horrible and people who like it are stupid".

Constant shitposting and trolling
It was basically Sup Forums without the memes

Most post are still missing but this is still a decent archive.

Fucken REKT

just a load of people schizing out with no reply, a few trolls, huge plebs complaining about unlikable characters, and evangelicals asking whether there is nudity and violence in films they intended for their kids. Truely a monument of what the internet was all about for future generations.

Oh yeah, and the obligatory 'things I learned' threads where fedoras practiced their youtube movie nerd skills.

Yes?

The retarded admin didnt archive tge actors boards

it was literally Sup Forums but more organized though lately they started requiring real info from new accounts.

There already is one

I looked for a random shit film Lawnmower Man and found nothing.
So, you're telling lies.
Also, the design of threads had better colors on imdb

kys
moviechat.org/movies/tt0104692

No need to get meanie.
That's what I got when I searched.
And the design of threads still was better for reading on imdb.

> it's not perfect
> t.cap.obvious

Shill harder for this shit

What if IMDb owns the comments rights because they were posted on its website before (Like that ownership of your pics and texts on facebook style) and they shut down this web too?

What if my dick owns your mom's asshole?

Destroying the entire boards is probably the most irresponsible destruction of culture I can remember. Just remember all this censorship and recklessness is due to the SJW cancer. It has molded a bunch of psychopaths.

Truly. Unjustifiable act