ITT: Adaptations that are better than their source material

ITT: Adaptations that are better than their source material.

go fuck yourself

The book is a classic and 100X better than the movie

'no'

haven't read the book, but why is toby macguire's character such a disgusting useless cuck? why was he so obsessed with gatsby and watching gatsby fuck his cousin while jerking off in the corner?

The Shining

The book is overrated trash, but the movie is trash on another level. That hiphop garbage soundtrack...

He makes a shit character in the movie but in the book he's like an inside man-- describing all the crazy things going on, what the rich do and just observing a lot of things without much input. Which is why the book was a hit back then, it gave poorer people insight.

This movie was flashy music video trash for early 20 somethings with short attention spans. If you prefer it to the book, then you are a massive shit eating pleb.

/thread

This.

The Robert Redford version was better anyway

>1970s suit and hairstyle in a 1920s setting

trashed

YO NIGGA WE GUNNA TOUCH THE SKIES! YO REAL O G GATSBY HOLDIN THAT GLOCK GONNA MAKE MIRACLES AND KANGS

>Leo
dropped

IT

>nigger beats
>making anything better.

welp, Murrican education at its finest.

Mediocre movie with the IM ACTING guy.
Only pussy guys will like this movie and I pity you.

The book was boring. Not every popular book / classic is good, you know.

>in a hole
>still digging
>thinks about buying an excavator

>we live in the timeline in which CuarĂ³n didn't direct every HP movie

just kill me now

what did he mean by this?

Gatsby movie's soundtrack was "produced" by Jay-Z. And by "produced" I mean he asked rappers and meme, festival musicians and put them on the soundtrack. With some yonce cause she's all on your mouth like liquor.

This thread is bait though so I don't know why I'm responding. If you think Gatsby was a good movie, let alone better than the book, you haven't a single brain cell in your skull.

This tbqhwyf. Lana's excellent performance really tied it all together.

WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME WHEN I'M NO LONGER BEAUTIFUUUUL

This