If that is not a truest kino in Western Animation right now, I don’t know what is

If that is not a truest kino in Western Animation right now, I don’t know what is.

>theme of hero being on the literally bottom in terms of physical and mental health
>those visuals of Jack covered in blood in darkness
>going back to your father’s words to guide you in the moment of weakness
>peaceful realization that some things are unavoidable
>black and white fight
>merciless killings and the fist fight at the end
>all accompanied by the perfect music

Shit, every episode is better than the previous one.

Is numalerai jack the most overrated thing of this generation?

how so?

sounds like some anime shit for 14yos

Who is the Green Warrior and why does he follow Jack?

I like to think it's the person who has his sword / the person who he lost his sword to.

It was kinda dumb the first time around, the reddit circlejerking over what was a boring and over-zealously "artistic" show has only gotten worse.

Æon Flux and anything else done by Peter Chung is probably the highest and most kino-esque that American animation will ever get.

It's a fucking crime that Chung hasn't gotten more work.

JACK IS WHITE

>white facial features
>full beard
>non yellow skin
>speaks English

JACK IS WHITE

It's the japanese version of the grim reaper. I can't remember what their name for him is. But yeah, it's just jack seeing visions of the grim reaper, always nearby.

is this a kids show? you guys are talking about it so much that i'm considering picking it up but i don't want to sit around and watch something aimed at 7-10 year olds.

its not

>western animation
>samurai

I'd say it's target audience is young adults. It airs at 11pm on Toonami/Adult Swim.

It's for some more adult teenagers, but I'm 26 and I'm enjoying it deeply. I've always liked cartoon though.

New season in pretty dark though, with actual blood, killings, pretty 'depressive' thoughts and dark ambient electronic music.

You will be lost as fucking shit though if you didn't see the previous 4 seasons, Don't just start at season 5 unless you watch an overview of the series so far.

not my list but here's a viewing guide.

cool. been wanting to watch something animated for a while now.

i'm just gonna watch it all, i can't really skip episodes like that

why cant you autists just watch a fucking show instead of having some list nitpicked by some random idiot from the internet where you end up watching one fifth of an actual show?

Also despite it being a cartoon and most of the enemies being either spirits, demons or robots (they wouldn't allow jack to kill humans or blood), there's still some pretty messed up imagery

sometimes folks just want the bare essentials and nobody needs to watch Jack and the Farting Dragon anyway, not to mention by Genndy's own omission there was never really any continuity between episodes aside from Jack and Aku's origin, the show was built for syndication.

Sup Forums pls go

I watched all episodes in the past, but I hate to admit that I could not sit again through some of them.
Few I watched again (especially all with Scotsmen), but some slower ones (like 4 seasons) are perfect for one sitting.

Admission*, yeesh

can we just ignore reddit for 5 seconds, fuck

did episode 4 release yet? cant seem to find anywhere to watch it

Representation of death, but doesn't really fit with the folklore Yama or shinigami. Some people have pointed out that he looks like Honda Tadakatsu.

Wednesday cuz R&M

I hope I'm wrong but I can see a twist where it turns out to be jack and the reason he's so mentally ill now is because of the atrocities he committed in the past

Bit late here but the word's shinigami.

fuck this guy and muneshige in nioh if you dont use a cheese build

i dont understand, isnt this a childrens show?
is it actually good? i like anime btw

see It juggled action, humor and drama fairly well for the time

certainly the most over rated cartoon, besides possibly the last airbender, which got the movie adaptation it deserved. i can only pray that a similar fate befalls samurai jack

>remember no blood Genndy
>what about Hiroshima shadows
>what
>nothing

It's for 14 year olds, tv-14.

jesus i somehow forgot about this and only remember the final fight

Kill your self