What went wrong?

What went wrong?

My Little Soccer unironically.

Not enough passion from the fanbase

MLS. All the games we play terribly in almost always has MLS players starting and fucking things up.

Apathy

literally who

MLS isn't the problem, it's a decent system for developing backup players, especially in resurrecting the careers of late-bloomers who didn't look professional grade at 17-18. your starters should not be playing in MLS though

Major League Soccer and Major League Soccer CEOs forcing Major League Soccer players onto the national team.

>U.S. Men’s National Team and Huddersfield Town midfielder Danny Williams gave a wide ranging interview with Joe Prince-Wright of NBC Sports last week. In it, he discussed his national team and club career. However, the comments that are getting the most attention are those he made about not being included on the USMNT and why he thinks he never got a call up by former manager Bruce Arena.

>Despite being a regular starter for Championship side Reading FC and Huddersfield Town in the Premier League, Williams had not received a USMNT call-up since October of 2016 until his most recent call-up last November. Williams acknowledged that there were trust issues between between him and his USMNT coaches in the past and that his performances hadn’t been excellent.

>Williams went on to say that in the year between national team call-ups he never got a good explanation from coach Bruce Arena about why he wasn’t being called into USMNT squads. This is despite his play taking a step forward, as shown by his transfer to Premier League side Huddersfield. The response he got from Arena confused him even more as he told Prince-Wright, “Bruce Arena emailed me and said ‘you’re in the picture but I haven’t really seen you.’ And I thought that was a bit strange because you must know your players, don’t you? Especially because I am not 18.”

>Williams added to that narrative telling NBC, “I heard from a few people that they tried to ‘market the MLS’ a bit more, in the [World Cup] qualifying games and get a name for the MLS. At the end of the day it shouldn’t be about that. It should be about quality and bringing the best players and having a plan. That is it.”

> it's a decent system for developing backup players
kek no

great argument, bud.
the problem is that a regular league system might not sustain itself at a full professional level, so the guys there might not be playing the sport at all without it. again, it's not good enough for developing first choice players, but when your main defender gets injured and you have to sub someone on, you're much better off having a MLS player than a part-time stonemason from rural wisconsin who's never played against a pro before

They tried doing the American way and it obviously failed. I mean, no relegation, nobody knows which league is the main one etc etc makes it pretty hard to the sport develop in the country.

Almost all the MLS American players in the squad have been shades of shit so far.

admittedly i dont watch soccer closely at all but this is starting to reek of a herd mentality blanket excuse for why they suck at every turn

You think I'm lying? Go tune into the game right now and watch them play like trash. Same shit almost every national teamgame.

didnt bribe FIFA enough lmao. soccer is dead.

Corruption to the core; Soccer is one of the most expensive sports for a kid in the US to get into. Getting into the Academy system is gonna set a family back thousands. It's cheaper to get into hockey or football, despite all the equipment and facilities those sports require compared to Soccer.

This makes sense when you consider that US Soccer really only exists to line the pockets of everyone in charge. They take advantage of the fact that Soccer is still a fringe sport in the US to justify setting expectations at the same level of a developing nation; "make the World Cup" is really the only bar they have to clear. It's a joke.

It's honestly astounding just how incompetent our federation has become. Yet they're good marketers, I'll give them that.

It was never not wrong your question doesn’t make sense.

Panic firing Jurgen Klinsmann and replacing him with the king of the MLS, using the MLS all stars to try to win the World Cup.

which is the best city in the all United States for someone who hates rejects and repudiates the NFL, hates football, hates MLB, hates Baseball, hates NBA, hates basketball, hates NHL and hates Ice hockey.

and only likes Soccer, is only a fan and follower of MLS (Major League Soccer)

The fanbase is easily the most insufferable
From the cringey MLS guys to the semen-slurping Yurocucks there is absolutely nothing redeemable in that group

Who the fuck would want to associate themselves with those retards?

I Believe That We Will Win

Is say like Newark, New Jersey or the surrounding area more people went to the high schools soccer games than the football teams

I hate new jersey

>Yurocucks
Nice try doyle

Hi Fernie, how's your life going?