Well, this show is absolute trash

Well, this show is absolute trash.

Everyone and their mothers are shilling it like it was a re-imagining of the Twilight Zone but it's just a slow-paced boring series void of any interesting or redeeming value.

Most episodes try far too fucking hard to make you think when in fact there's nothing to process about it more than "oh, I see, so that's what happened."

>"LE SOCIETY IS BAD"
>"LE INTERNET IS POISON"

It strikes to me as a poor attempt of making a thought-provoking show that states its self importance from the very begining and takes the "message" in far great steem without being a message to begin with.

4/10 It's a fucking normie shitshow.

>watching normie core

but why

Just curious, can you name 5 shows that you liked more?

Scratch that, actually. Instead, name 5 shows that you would consider masterpieces.

>Penny Dreadful
>GoT 1th and 2nd seasons, the rest are not my jam
>Stranger Things
>House
>Modern Family

Those, mostly, each in their own genre had been the most recent ones that made me feel like I was watching something good.

yeah every episode is babbys first social commentary. solid redditcore

thats crazy OP. from that list you should love this garbage

the show is really good apart from 2-3 episodes

I don't claim that my choice of favorite shows are in any way good but this show is not even "decent" either.

Actually scratch anything that's not Penny Dreadful from that list, that's the only one I consider to be a "masterpiece" even if lacking in a proper ending arc.

it's very overrated and the satire is not exactly subtle
there are a couple of enjoyable episodes though

Elaborate, because in my eyes every episode is a blatant onanistic shitshow with shallow narrative and poor humoristic bits that made the whole mix even worse.

>House

Sorry faggot, your opinion is now invalid. Try again next time!

is this black mirror? that maximum edgy, infinitely pessimistic "satire" of modern technology where once again everyone is an asshole because all current technology trends are inherently bad t. a Luddite who wrote this show that was canceled and brought back from the dead by netflix?

Basically, yes.

>1th

I know people say this show has some bad episodes. Is this one of the bad ones to them? Because I watched it and it wasn't very good. The only other one I watched was the one where everyone had the video recorders in their eyeballs. That one was better

The message isn't technology is bad it's be careful about technology.

Why didn't you answer my second question? see: Also, every single show you listed here is laughable garbage.

Another lil pupper earns his contrarian diploma. He hit all the right notes, used all the right words. Clearly he's been paying attention.

They grow up so fast!

The message is to be a gigantic pretentious show for faggots.

>Penny Dreadful
>masterpiece

you're something else man. thanks for showing me something new

If you seriously like this show your CI must be really low.
Or you are just underage and easily impressed.

Nah, Black Mirror is legit. And fucking creative. Charlie Brooker, more than anyone who has come before him, truly deserves to be compared to Rod Serling.

But that actor was even better in Get Out and I'm glad I've seen her give a blowjob.

It's creative in it's use of massive plot-holes to make the story work. And even then they still fall flat half the time.

The only good one is about the memory chips and the cheating wife. And that one, hilariously, is the only one not written by Brooker.

Oh, stop it.

Like the Twilight Zone, Black Mirror episodes are usually a means to a bigger idea that, yes, challenges the current order in some way. I've read it called Technoparanoia and I think that's as good a term as any. It's excellent at immediately establishing a world, with a mood and characters who behave by the boundries of that quickly but sufficiently developed world. Just like the Twilight Zone.

I get that you don't like it, but to me it just feels right. The stories are like parables. Sometimes Rod Serling could be an unheeding moralist and sometimes Charlie Brooker writes that way too. But both of them were touching on humanity from an exaggerated Sci-Fi perspective to try and tell us something that was on their mind, some observation they've noticed about us.

There haven't been all that many shows like the Twilight Zone. Without Rod Serling, how could you? I think Charlie Brooker is making a really noble effort to write good TV stories about 21st Century unease like Serling did for the Nuclear/Space age.