Is Tom Brady still the GOAT with a 5-3 record? How is 5-3 more impressive than Montana's 4-0? Only winning 1 more owl...

Is Tom Brady still the GOAT with a 5-3 record? How is 5-3 more impressive than Montana's 4-0? Only winning 1 more owl, at the price of losing 3 (three) more owls

Other urls found in this thread:

bleacherreport.com/articles/160081-how-the-brady-rule-will-kill-football
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>argentina
You know nothing about American football.

but he's 6-2 so...

Seeing as neither Brady nor Montana are GOATs it really doesn't matter

I want to learn, bear with me

>Montana getting annihilated by the Giants in the first round is better than losing in the SB
fuck off

Peyton is intangibly better
Brees is statistically better
Owls are the only metric of success that favors Brody

It's not a trade off you idiot. Montana failed to reach the owl more than half the number of times that Tom has.

thinking le paycut babby deserves to be called a GOAT at all shows you have a long way to go

Going to 2x as many owls than Montana and winning more owls says it all.

Because Montana lost more conference championships than Brady, which is pretty embarrassing.

> he's never looked at the list of records

his record will be 6-2 not 5-3

>It's better to lose in the AFC Championship game than to lose in the Superbowl

Don't know why I even bother arguing with Montanafags

It obviously is better, you don't hurt your fans as much

the real reason montana is the goat is because he faced real defenses. brady has a fucking rule protecting qbs named after him.

Every year you don't make it counts as a loss.

where does getting reffed into a conference title put you(yes I am still salty about that one)

>muh more sb appearances
brady has on average 1 real challenger in the afc each season. montana had the skins, bears, and giants to get through every year. 80s nfc was a fucking bloodbath.

It's called the Carson Palmer rule, moron. It was made specifically after Palmers knee got severely wrecked. Brady had a run of the mill ACL tear.

Montana faced slow run focused 80s defenses, that didn't use complex coverage schemes to stop passing.

Easy mode.

>montana is the goat is because he faced real defenses.
and he had elite defenses pretty much every single year he played whereas Tom has not. Plus Montana couldn't stay on the field and had Jerry Rice for 2/3rds of his SF career when he did stay on the field. Tom had Randy Moss for 2 1/2 seasons and has made most every other wideout he's had look like a Pro Bowler when most of them have been garbage.

and that's why it was enacted 3 years after palmer's injury, but the season right after brady's?
>bleacherreport.com/articles/160081-how-the-brady-rule-will-kill-football
(editorial opinion in the article is irrelevant)
also
>anyone cares enough about palmer to make a rule for him
lol, no.

>montana couldn't stay on the field
yeah, cause he was getting stomped by fucking lawrence taylor. while brady's getting coddled by massive reformation designed to baby qbs and extend their careers. see my second point.

>bleacher report
90% of sports publications call it the Carson Palmer rule

i'm sorry you live in ohio. i've never heard it called that. and how do you explain the dates?

I have a list of all the changes to what constitutes legally defensive plays in the 80s vs now but I don't even feel like turning on my other computer.
I like how commentators always go on about "you'll never see anything like the Patriots again" when then Salary Cap and increasingly offensively friendly rulebook created the Patriots and that same primordial soup is going to create the same sort of thing yet again.
P.S. I'm also old enough to remember them talking about how you'd never see anything like the 49ers again. People suck the contemporary dynasty off. I'm sure if I were old enough to have heard contemporary commentary about the Steelers or Packers it would've been the same shit.

>Peyton is intangibly better
So you're saying Brady is tangibly better...
>b b but Peypey is better in things that cant be measured and doesnt exist

Thinking being able to stack the team with no regard to salary caps didnt substantially help Montana shows you have a long way to go.

t. The Buffalo Bills

>joe montana bettur cuz dint lose a super bowl it doesnt matter he lost 49-3 in the divisional round to avoid losing in a super bowl and tom brady could mathematically win 312804723948723984 more super bowls and still wuddnt have a purfect record like da GOAT joe montana look at my pinyun

>losing to mark sancheeze in the wildcard round
>losing to an old man with a crayon eater tier retard as QB
Literally zero excuse.

Brady didn't have to play through the NFC in it's heyday.

If Tom Brady had Lawrence Taylor breathing down his neck for an entire game, he'd probably be crippled by now.

>casuals still using superbowls as a metric to see how's a better player

I guess Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better than Marino

>Those shitty QBs managed to win Owls
>Muhreeknow couldn't
Seems like a good indicator that Marino was shit.

if Marino was so good, why no owls?

>those rules don't apply to the other 31 QBs, just brady

Marino was a loser

>scoring three (three) points in a playoff game

>losing to señor buttfumble and le foot fetishist man
Lmao

>Marino was shit.
and Dilfer wasn't tho?

What is being surrounded by guys who may turn Taliban any moment and shoot you like?

God, the most tired argument. Players, defenses, and schemes are considerably better now than they ever used to be. Just because you could clothesline someone without getting fined doesn't mean defenses were better than now.

In Montana's day, a 300 lb NFL player was a fat sack of shit you could only play at Nose Tackle on 3rd and goal. Nowadays a 300 lb NFL player is a giga nigger with 10% body fat and a 4.6 40 times.

Feels about the same as living in Minnesota

It's that canacuckian shitter sean using proxies

because losing in the earlier rounds is worse

Brees and Brady have the same amount of tds and Brees has 100 more ints

Brady has the best stats of any QB ever and has 6 Superbowl titles he's objectivly the best football player ever

Sean is best poster in this website desu

>5
The pats don't have the defense this year, and Foles has a date with destiny

actually their defense is extremely good at points allowed, best actually. better than viks for sure.

because making it to the owl is an accomplished most QBs never even get. also the closest thing Brady ever had to Jerry Rice was a washed up Moss.

its irrelevant anyway. Unitas is the goat. what i dont get is how is Peyton even in the conversation, never seen a greatet reg season QB turn into Ryan Leaf in the playoffs. anyone who considers him even a contender is fucking retarded.

he clearly isn't the goat, 5 - 3 record, twoof his last rings went from TOTAL CHOKING from his opponents. he's blessed with luck
Pats are the good guys tho

>all these retards saying Montana faced better defenses
If you put LT on a team today he'd be slightly above average, if you took the '14 seahawks back in time they'd allow 30 points all season.

So you keep saying 5-3 record, care to list his three losses?

cheat

cheat

cheat

he's a cheat

he's a cheat

>deflategate was real and I'm going to ignore all evidence to the contrary
Or are you about to babble about the tuck rule some more?

are you starting an argument over a typo?

>being worse in the playoffs means your better

Why are Rob Parker, et al so retarded?

you're trolling right? no one can be this retarded

>losing in the earlier rounds is better than making the sb

jesus fucking christ

>5 (five)

>losing even once in the finals
>GOAT
This dumb white boi aint even top 5. He lost to the same idiot twice.

mad a white MAN is the GOAT?

>implying they’ll lose to fucking Foles and the iggles

Peyton Manning flat out sucks. His statistics are mindless stat padding garbage time stats against the worst defenses in the league in domes, most of which come from that dumpster fire of the division he played in.

It's also part of the reason Montana is undefeated in the Superbowl. The AFC was a joke and automatic wins for NFC teams back then. He faced no real competition in the Super bowl, whereas Brady has faced real competition in every round of the playoffs on numerous occasions.

>autistic Eli Manning
>real competition
Hahahahahahaha

Brady has had a top 10 defense 14 of his 18 years
Meanwhile Rodgers has had a top 10 defense twice in 10 years

>peyton manning played in a dumpster fire divison REEEEEE
>B-brady is best! Look at his stats
Lol ironing

? we don't have taliban here

>tfw too young to remember gruden beat the pats too

> this meme again
You know you can look this stuff up and not listen to retarded pundit and other /spee/ posters.

pic didn't post.
TRYING AGAIN

IMO it takes 2 losses to cancel out a win.

5-3 = 3.5 rings, just short of montana. If he wins the next SB he's above montana by half a ring, if he loses he'll be 1 ring back.

wait im an idiot

>how is 5 championships more impressive than 4 championships?

South America, ladies and gentlemen

>making it to the super bowl 4 times and getting btfo in the playoffs every other year is better than making it all the way to the super bowl EIGHT times and winning 5+ rings

literally one of the top 10 worst posts I've ever seen on this site, and i hate the pats

>having a babby playoffs because youre in a dumpster fire division in a weak conference means its an achivement to make the superbowl
1. Brady has made the Owl in 8 out of 18 seasons, Montana made it in 4 out of 13. Brady has lost more
2. 30% career owl winning percentags is better than 27% lol

Where do you get those mongoloid numbers from? Brady has played 15 full seasons, which means he has been to the Super Bowl 53% of the years he's played. That's fucking mind bogglingly insane in any sport, let alone the salary capped NFL.

Oh were going by full seasons?

Montana only started 9 full seasons, and won 4 superbowls for 44%
Brady started 15 seasons and has 5, for 33%

W E W

Montana is clearly better

>getting fucking humiliated and owned on multiple occasions by Eli Manning
>GOAT

Pick one.

10 years from now....

>Brady has been to 15 Super Bowls, but he only won ten of them LOL MONTANA IS GOAT

That's the level of delusion and SEETHE that we're already at

Peyton Manning = GOAT Owls don't mean shit

If he ever gets to 15 owls Ill admit hes GOAT no matter how many losses he has.

This only means Montana lost to 7-9 shitters in the playoffs before making it to the SB, which is worse

Rodgers is better than either one fammeroni

>2011
>middle of the pack defense
I like the citations

>domebabby stats

>Montana is better than Brady because Montana never lost an owl
>Montana had a 3-49 postseason loss against the team he was favored to beat in 1986, marking the second of three straight years going one-and-done

Brady is easily the more clutch player, with more wins and fewer embarrassments

the Tom Brady rule is just the slight change they made to the Carson Palmer rule after Brady went down for the season

because Rodgers demands that the Packers spend a ton of money on receivers while Brady makes do with 5 foot tall white boys

Brady is a monster, fuck

Also neither Peyton, Brees or Montana cheated.

Montana's O-Line and WRs used banned substances and he knew about it

Peyton used HGH and his team pumped in crowd noise

Brees's team illegally intentionally injured opposing players

Peyton is honestly not even a good quarterback

Why is everyone so obsessed with determining QB worth through rings and finals wins and losses?
It's a team sport
QB

>team sport
the qb is the most important position retard

It's still a team sport
Brady is worthless if his receivers don't catch and/or his O-Line doesn't block