This dude has been in the USA for nearly 20 years and still can't speak English?

This dude has been in the USA for nearly 20 years and still can't speak English?

Other urls found in this thread:

gq.com/story/ichiro-suzuki-speaks-english-just-fine-moron
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=GtImIqR5neU
youtube.com/watch?v=28o1fjcHIuE
youtube.com/watch?v=z8iKZEra5I0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

learning languages is a bitch when you start that late

whites are the only type of immigrants who will assimilate to your culture. do not accept anyone from anywhere else.

same happens with most sudaca soccer players who spend 15+ years playing in Europe and cant be bothered to learn the local language

You're late to this party. Some dipshit on ESPN was blasted last season for saying the same thing.

Ichiro can speak English. He uses a translator during press conference because he wants to be exactly sure what he wants to say is conveyed right.

Ichiro is very meticulous in everything he does and says. His baseball preparation his speaking everything. He is not on social media either.

this fucker still plays?

gq.com/story/ichiro-suzuki-speaks-english-just-fine-moron

>

GETTY IMAGES
A remarkable cascade of tweeted idiocy from ESPN's Todd Grisham.

In a since-deleted tweet, ESPN’s Todd Grisham observed on Monday that “as impressive as Ichiro’s 3,000 hits are, his unwillingness to learn English after 15 years in America amazes me more.” Here is a screengrab:

ACTUALLY...

Ichiro has an extensive grasp of the English language. After he made his first All-Star team in 2001, it became an annual tradition for Ichiro to deliver a clubhouse speech to the American League team, one laden with F-Bombs designed to sooth the nerves of his fellow All-Stars. “If you've never seen it, it's definitely something pretty funny," said former MLB star Justin Morneau. “Everyone's a little nervous for the game, and then he comes out. He doesn't say a whole lot the whole time he's in there, and all of a sudden, the manager gets done with his speech, and he pops off.”

In his early years with the Seattle Mariners, Ichiro even taught teammate Raul Ibanez some Japanese in exchange for learning some Spanish phrases, which he would later use to endear himself (read: talk shit) to Latin players around the league. In one incident, Ichiro reached first base against the Tampa Bay Rays, then looked at first baseman Carlos Pena and said, "Que coño tu mira?” (“What the hell are you looking at?”) Pena had to hold back his laughter.

In another since-deleted tweet, after another Twitter user replied that Ichiro “knows English. He uses a translator so there’s no confusion as to what he says.” Grisham responded: “Why would there be confusion if he spoke English, idiot?”

all the jap players do this so they can get a free coach in the dugout

normally ancillaries outside of the coaching staff(manager, bench coach, hitting coach, pitching coach, base coaches, trainer) aren't allowed in dugout during the game

the translators skirt this rule so the gooks can have a personal coach during the game

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=GtImIqR5neU

Ichiro speaks perfect English though. He's just too shy to speak in public.

Jap player speak English but only to other pro MLBers

It's like Illuminati with anime.

>t. monolingual

Anglos are absolute shit at assimilating to a culture. Americans are the absolute worst

Meanwhile in the NHL

youtube.com/watch?v=28o1fjcHIuE

That's because everyone that matters already speaks english so there's no reason to learn a new language.

>Ichiro on playing in Cleveland: "To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to. If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying."

i'm speaking from the perspective of an american. europeans who come here actually make an effort to blend in. however i can instantly tell the difference between an asian or hispanic who was born here and one who wasn't.

OP speaking on something he knows nothing about.

Face is important to the Japanese. Basically, if they do not consider themselves fluent, they will not speak it in front of a camera for potentially thousands to see, that is Ichiro. People who know him claim he has a great grasp of the English language and can hold conversations in English with ease. (and has been able to for a long time)

he does, he just doesn't want to talk to media and it's an easy copout

"que cono tu mira" classic fucking island nigger spanish. id like Dominicans and puerto ricans more if i never interacted with them. if i wasnt in nyc and they werent a fucking plague of nigger-wannabe rats.

People don't even know about Ichiro's famous pre-All-Star-Game motivational rants

Vladimir Guerrero had to speak through a translator at his Hall of Fame press conference last week and that guy has been in America for 22 years

>"August in Kansas City is hotter than two rats in a fucking wool sock."

Rarely speaks English, but when he does the Ichigod makes it count.

yep

My favorite Ichiro story is after they were snowed out of a game in April in Cleveland so they would have to add those games later in the season. When a reporter asked Ichiro if he was excited about returning to Cleveland later in the season, Ichiro replied:
>I'f I ever saw myself saying I was excited about coming back to Cleveland, I would punch myself in the face. Because I would be lying

Diversity is our strength

The most offensive thing here is referring to Justin Morneau as an MLB star.

You mean the 2006 AL MVP? Why would anyone ever call him a star I wonder?

Lmao its a bitch but not a 20 years bitch. I started learning German since my company works with a lot of Germans only 5 months ago and I can hold casual conversation. If I put more effort into it I could be fluent enough in another year. If he actually doesnt speak english at this point with enough money to have a private tutor whenever he wanted he is just lazy.

Not for the Mariners so who cares?
>immagrant
He is only there for work.

German is much easier to pick up for an English speaker than English is to fucking chinese moon runes

why should he, he's in miami

Not anymore.....just hope he retires, waits 5 years, and then strolls into the HOF.

>#IAMVERYSMART

Cringe

This. It takes at least 40 years to learn a language.

how hard is it to learn a language? Seriously just memorize like a thousand words (not hard - learn 10 a day and you can learn them all in a few months) and then take a few weeks to get the grammar down and it should be easy. I don't know why people spend years studying languages when it should only take 6 months tops.

kys

I'm 31 and speak five

You are but an infant in all of those languages. It takes more than 50 years to learn a language.

I'm 21 and speak 50 languages

>Americans are the absolute worst

What the hell are you talking about? The Irish, Germans, Italians, etc. all assimilated just fine.

>learning english so you can give interviews to scum bag "journalists"

No.

Depends on the language and what your native language is. A native English speaker can pick up Spanish/French/Italian/Portuguese, in a couple months, Russian/German/Dutch a little longer, but then you've got languages like Arabic or Japanese where it takes years.

I actually just watched some video somewhere online about a EC translator. Dude speaks like 30 languages.

youtube.com/watch?v=z8iKZEra5I0

>It takes more than 50 years to learn a language.
Bullshit, there are millions of people in America who grow up speaking multiple languages fluently.

But he does know English. Just doesn't use it on camera.

>The Irish, Germas, Italians all assimilated fine
Naw they made Boston and New York instead

so few euros come here you wouldnt notice them anyway. In college we had some from Germany and France and they spoke the worst and were weird as fuck

I knew I guy who lived in Japan for 15 years and couldn't read Katakana.

something tells me you've never tried that yourself