What did BvS do to deserve this? From an objective point of view, BvS had superior cinematography, script, music...

What did BvS do to deserve this? From an objective point of view, BvS had superior cinematography, script, music, acting and direction. What was it the reviewers saw in CW that the praise was near-unanimous when we've all seen the movie here and witnessed the C-rate clusterfuck.

Are critics dumb or dishonest? The CW reviews read like blatant advertisement while BvS reviews sound like they tried their hardest to misunderstand it and intentionally approach it as if it was yet another Marvel that didn't make them laugh. How can they be so irresponsible at their jobs and still get away with it? Some even calling the movie fascist for portraying Superman as better than the average man and Batman manipulated by the media and elites.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/MvzewtHhAUfBiOdKbDkLsw/
google.com/amp/www.thewrap.com/batman-v-superman-extended-cut-adds-in-all-the-scenes-that-make-it-make-sense-commentary/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

twice in one day, yippee

>even high cine-IQ pretentious hipsters rated it low

God that's fucking hilarious
How will Sup Forums and Sup Forums recover?

So what's the source? I wonder what retards gave Dr Strange more than a 1 in rating.

are you ban evading mastercapecuck?
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/MvzewtHhAUfBiOdKbDkLsw/

Master hacker user exposed it all. This image was posted a whole three times before!!1

Bat supe is a bad movie, and the other is highly over rated, but good

>BvS had superior cinematography, script, music, acting and direction
>zack snyder
>the writer who i'm too tired to remember
hahahahahahaha

The problem with Batman vs. Superman is that much of the plot doesn't pass the "so what" test. Like Lois's investigation of Lex's mercenaries and their special Lex-branded bullets. An absurd scheme to frame Superman for wrecking an African village which leads to Superman being summoned to court. But so what? The courtroom is blown up before Superman says a word and the entire subplot is never mentioned again. Lex tries to prejudice Batman and Superman against one another by stealing disability checks and sharing articles about Batman branding criminals. So what? The fight is eventually staged by simply kidnapping Superman's mom, rendering Lex's preceding machinations completely pointless. Abysmal storytelling and an unforgiveable waste of time in a movie that despite a bloated 3+ hours length, can't even spare a few minutes to give Superman more than 42 lines or squeeze in scenes for Wonder Woman to talk to anyone other than Bruce Wayne.

In contrast, Marvel's Civil War is a masterpiece of efficient storytelling. Batman vs Superman struggles to effectively tell a story about a couple of superheroes, one villain and a love interest. Civil War manages to credibly weave over a dozen heroes into a tightly-focused story, two of whom are main characters, half of which are properly developed and characterised and all of whom, even the "guest stars", get something cool to say or do. Even Falcon gets more dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in his own movie! "Quip"-filled though it may be, the conversations in Civil War flow like real banter between real people, and do a good job of conveying the personalities of the characters. Zack Snyder seems to believe a few pompous pronouncements and Biblical motifs are enough to secure the audiences empathy with his heroes. But they aren't. Hence Batman vs Superman's 27% RT score, Razzie award, and failure to reach $1bn despite starring the two biggest names in the comic book industry.

Are you saying Snyder isn't a good director? Is that why he turned all of MCU redundant with just one movie?

>Superman being summoned to court. But so what? The courtroom is blown up
People this retarded actually exist.

Damn, why are you faggots so butthurt over this?

>M-Marvelcucks ;_;

>Best post in the thread
>Trips

dude you just don't get it it wasn't *fun* like Marvel's stuff.. It pales in comparison to the masterful bits of movie magic Marvel can produce, including productions like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ™, Iron Fist™, or the upcoming Spiderman: Homecoming™, which looks to be a real joy and fun for the whole family, while also proving that Marvel hasn't forgotten their roots and knows what stalwart fans like us really want!

BvS's script was horrendous. It was so bad, in fact, that Snyder added an extra 30 minutes to an already 2 hour 30 minute movie just so the plot could have some clarification, and the movie still didn't make any sense.

Here are the two things that bury Batman v Superman: unlikable characters and a terrible script. That's why Civil War is a better movie.

>Muh MCU formula

Not canon, DCuck.

Think we're talking about movies

Like nobody really defends Agents of Shield

BvS dared to be serious to a fault while CW just did the same mediocre shit they been doing for years...just worse in many ways.
Neither deserve those scores.

>superior script and acting

DCuck detected. opinion discarded.

>In contrast, Marvel's Civil War is a masterpiece of efficient storytelling.
I hope you fucking kill yourself

it is though. BvS is like a long meandering essay that doesn't use its space well to convey what it needs to (hence the directors cut, which is just as shit by the way), while cw hits all the plot point it needs to without any major holes, telling a comparatively larger story in less time.

Trips of truth

Not enough quips and omission of the director's cut scenes which explained several plot points, such as the wheelchair being lined with lead and that's why Superman couldn't see the bomb. The movie wasn't lighthearted enough for the mainstream audience. Also Marvel paid reviewers.

These people are the reason why the genre's creatively bankrupt.

>such as the wheelchair being lined with lead and that's why Superman couldn't see the bomb
Wait, I didn't see the Theatrical cut. They really cut this out? I thought it was pretty crucial to know why Superman flew away in agony.

>What did BvS do to deserve this?

>looking for creativity in capeshit flicks
>implying BvS required any creative thought at all

>looking for creativity in capeshit flicks
You are proving my point. I don't know why these Marvel drones are so stubborn in wanting the genre to remain dumb. This wasn't the common sentiment at all during TDK days.

google.com/amp/www.thewrap.com/batman-v-superman-extended-cut-adds-in-all-the-scenes-that-make-it-make-sense-commentary/amp/

Great rebuttal. You sure showed him.

If you don't understand the point of the court scene (mankind doubting Superman, Superman remaining obedient to mankind) then you are lost.

there was zero creativity in BvS, just some sixth grade level religious imagery. people who enjoy marvel movies don't pretend they're high art which is what makes DCucks so insufferable.

There was much more than religious imagery in BvS. You seem so obsessed by that I guess it's the only thing you have to latch on to dismiss it.

BvS did plenty to deserve that. The right question is what CW did to deserve that, because it was a shit movie as well.

you can read into any shit movie to scrape out themes and messages, doesn't make them less shit.

>Marvel's Civil War is a masterpiece of efficient storytelling
Well, it was ok until this point.

It just was not fun.

Holy fuck there are people who actually believe this.

A movie about going from chase scene to chase scene with a shitty airport fight finale is a fucking "masterpiece of storytelling."

>people who enjoy marvel movies don't pretend they're high art
>"In contrast, Marvel's Civil War is a masterpiece of efficient storytelling."

You have a dick up your ass. Mickey-sized too.

90% for Civil War is fucking ridiculous, that movie was so dull and cheap-looking.

But 27% for Batman vs. Superman is about right. The Marvel film should've scored just as low, but there's no way BvS deserved good reviews.

I didn't write that post, dumbfucks, try again.

it was very efficient storytelling though.

nice argument. next time just concede defeat, it's less embarrassing for you.

Did I say you said it? You said "people who enjoy marvel movies don't pretend they're high art," and clearly this guy
>enjoys marvel movies
>pretends it's high art

So you're wrong. You can say "some people don't pretend X" but you can't say "people" in general.

>equating people in general to one individual

nope.

SO MANY VISTAS
ME PERSONALLY I LOVED THIS MOVIE
*cashes WB check*

When you use the word "people of X" you're broadening it to all of them. There is an exception right here and now, I'm sure there are others.

You can act like there is no Marvel fan who thinks this shit is art but clearly there are. Maybe YOU don't feel that way but don't speak for everyone. Imagine if I said "no DC fan thinks Suicide Squad was a good movie." I'm sure you could find many who do, even though the general consensus is that it was shit.

>cinematography,
Absolutely
>script,
No, not even close BvS script makes no sense at all, Civil War may be cliche but it makes sense
>music,
Yes, fantastic music
>acting
No, most times Actors don't even act and just stare at the camera, they barely have dialogue or drama at all.
>and direction
I think both have terrible directors, Russos were great in Winter Soldier, but they can't into big budget films. Snyder ALWAYS, ALWAYS shows style over substance, 300, Sucker Punch, MoS, and Watchmen which is probably his best film, and when your best film look like a 3 hour special of music videos, you may believe you are doing something wrong.

Also you forgot to say BvS had worse dialogues, worse acing, worse CGI (Yes, Civil War CGI was horrible, but BvS was ABYSSMAL)

this

I'll never understand why people defend his CGI. It looks like PS3 graphics. Like a fucking video game. And just too much of it.

I liked those water effects from the BTS footage though. When Supes was saving those people from the flood.

Superman is a boring character with a bad story arc.

Normies didnt get all the references Snyder put in the movie. Most people ive talked to irl didnt even realize Robin died

Cap spent two years trying to find Bucky, and despite this being a Captain America film, we have our attention dragged away from their plot by all the guest stars and dull characters like Sharon Carter. When Cap finally saw the place in Siberia where his supposed best friend was tortured for decades, he barely blinks. I wanted buckets of emotion, he couldn't even pat him on the shoulder or say one word of shock or comfort. Putting Barnes back in Cryofreeze at the end felt kind of lame too, and again, lack of emotion from the writers regarding Cap. it fell a bit flat, I wanted more emotion and storytelling, not sure why Spiderman had to be there at all. I don't think CW is much better than BvS, I would say they measure up quite well.

Well here's the deal OP:
For the equal price, Captain America was two times longer than Batman vs Superman.
Mainly because i saw the whole Captain America movies while i was only capable of seeing half of the Batman vs Superman movie due to all the dark and black.

Sup Forums is full of posters who are that critical combination of stupid, but with a massive superiority complex

While most people who watched BvS grew weary of Snyder beating us over the head with his on-the-nose symbolism (literally, in the case with Doomsday and the monument), BvS fans convince themselves that they were the only ones who "got it". This creates cognitive dissonance. Discussing the movie becomes a way of asserting their own intelligence, with increasingly absurd connections and interpretations being drawn out in essay-length posts of gibberish.

Most people were put off by Goyer's terrible dialogue, the messy plot, the dour characters, the shoehorned DCEU shilling and the tonal and editing issues. But to a BvS fan, the only reason somebody wouldn't enjoy the movie is if they didn't understand it.

Pretty good explanation. Most of the people who shill BvS on here are doing it ironically (the whole Marvelcuck vs DCuck thing).

But Jesus, social media is full of pretentious fuckers. I don't mind if people liked BvS. I liked it myself. But the whole "muh u didnt git it" thing turns me off.

Copy pasta bullshit

At least write your own thoughts

>efficient storytelling

Like your movie coming to a halt for 20 minutes to introduce a character who is unnecessary except as an advertisement for another movie

You've contributed less to the thread than he has

People hate what they don't understand

>From an objective point of view, BvS had superior cinematography, script, mus
As far as I got. Hans Zimmer will never, ever be able to outscore Danny Elfman.

I wrote that "pasta" earlier today. I'll use it plenty more, buddy, don't you worry.

The airport scene isn't the finale
>rfw when DChildren claim BvS is better than CW when they haven't even seen the movie

>with a shitty airport fight finale
Did you actually watch the movie? or are you just here for the memes

You do realize Danny Elfman didn't score Civil War, right you fucking idiot?

Who else thinks Dawn of the Dead is Snyder's best film? People praise Watchmen as if copying a great comic book frame for frame (outside of the unnecessarily gratuitous action scenes and the ending) automatically makes the movie great. 300 is enjoyable the first time around, but the gimmick is paper-thin. Everything else is shit.

>what are the Tim Burton batman movies

DCucks are so retarted it's a wonder they can breathe on their own

In order for symbolism to work, which is not to say it isn't in BvS, but in order for the symbolism in BvS to work it's own story has stand up by own merits and it doesn't and the symbology only parrots the already non working story.

We know this to be true by the simple fact that the only argument DC fans for this movie being any good is in the symbology itself, they can't make a single argument for the story being good.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Yeah, but OP was clearly comparing BvS to Civil War...

>the plot doesn't pass the "so what" test
>leads to Superman being summoned to court. But so what? The courtroom is blown up before Superman says a word
that's the point
>The fight is eventually staged by simply kidnapping Superman's mom, rendering Lex's preceding machinations completely pointless.
Without Lex's machinations, Bruce would not be in possession of the Kryptonite nor would he have the necessary motivations. The Nairobi Incident was essential to getting Superman at the capital, but also to getting Lois to that rooftop, and in turn Superman to face off against Batman in Gotham.
>can't even spare a few minutes to give Superman more than 42 lines
Did you ever consider that Superman lacking a voice is a major theme of the story? Do you really analyze films like a diet, measuring proportionality like you need an hourly supply of quips from each character group?
>"Quip"-filled though it may be, the conversations in Civil War flow like real banter between real people
>"Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I'm done letting it consume me."
Yeah no. People like the dialogue in Civil War because it spoonfeeds motivation and destroys any sense of ambiguity.
And is "good" dialogue really supposed to sound like "real people" in the first place? Is that what writers like Sorkin, Tarantino and the Coen Brothers did to win all those awards?

Snyder, BvS really is a pleb filter

It's pretty obvious that most DC fans defending BvS haven't actually watched half the movies they are using as reference and are just copying what other anons say about movies

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

FWOOOAAH

>And is "good" dialogue really supposed to sound like "real people" in the first place? Is that what writers like Sorkin, Tarantino and the Coen Brothers did to win all those awards?

...yes?

So basically superman isn't even a character but a plot device

Batman is confused the whole movie and has no real arc

Remind me again why anyone should care that these two walking plot devices are fighting each other?

Was I talking about the Tim Burton Batmans you fucking inbred? Tell your Disney boss to hire better shills.

>We know this to be true by the simple fact that the only argument DC fans for this movie being any good is in the symbology itself
Completely false. More blatant lies that only fuel the accusations of Marvel shills on Sup Forums.

Way to take what he said and twist it into complete fabrications. Just how much shit is it possible for you to spout? Cocksucker.

see

See

>trying to talk about DC and Marvel on Paki-infested Sup Forums
Waste of time. They will just walk around circles as they heighten their shitposting to new degrees. They are disgusting people. Marvel movies are so trash they're wholly dedicated on slandering BvS.

Why are you so defensive of a toy movie? It's almost as if you had stakes in its reception... as if... you were getting paid... hmmmmm... really activates my almonds...

Sorry I excluded DC fans simply talking out of their ass by over explaining the scenes with subjective adjectives and pretentious babbling.

I was trying to not make you guys look so bad

>the low IQ "paki" spammer from Sup Forums that does not care about this movie is back
Remember he is ban evading

I wonder, what motivation does one have who seemingly dislikes a movie, to engage in discussions about it for months, spouting the same shit over and over again? It's either mental illness or paid shills. Which one is it?

Way to again not make an actual argument and just a plain the situation with nothing to back yourself up.

Nice dodge. It's ok you'll have your Cap Homo and Iron Manlet running at each other with a PS2 background and having a civil disagreement over shit that means nothing.

Art is never without controversy.

A Batman whom nobody has seen before vs a Superman nobody likes. People on here like to talk endlessly about hamfisted symbolism, but why even look at deeper meanings when the movie can't even stand on the weight of its own premise?

The only version of this movie that I have seen is the 3-hour one, and it was terrible. Half of Lex Luthor's plans don't make any sense. Superman has nothing to do for most of the film, and Luthor's attempts to trick him into fighting Batman were absolutely pointless. Batman is an irrational, murderous lunatic.

Why should the audience care about any of these characters? Can anybody tell me?

Marvel shills don't even bother defending Civil War. That's why these threads are 90% BvS. Civil War is so uninteresting and dry, I doubt anyone here even remembers it. If Sup Forums didn't remind me with those airport shots, I would've forgotten all about it after three days.

Nobody is letting you faggots circlejerk in this board, I'm sorry that it's not a safe space like r/DC-Cinematic, i know your marketing focus group loves Reddit because of that.

>being this obsessed with subreddits
Man I can already imagine this desperate spic circling that subreddit and angrily downvoting everything and then going to Sup Forums to whine how everything is Reddit.

Kill yourself cancer.

Oh look another DC fanboy who resorts to memes instead of an actual argument

Maybe because they're not Marvel shills and you're acting like a paranoid retard? Have you ever thought about that? That posting this shit for a year got a kneejerk reaction from Sup Forums? Or are you this new?

>watchmen twice
>beauty and the beast

>tfw too smart to like Marvel
How do MCUcks do it?

Your rating for quite a few of those on the right side show a different picture, Mr plebary ;^)

>tfw to new too meme properly
How do you marketers do it?