Deadwood thread? I finally got around to watching it. really needed one more season, good though

Deadwood thread? I finally got around to watching it. really needed one more season, good though

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=63CXrk_hon8
youtube.com/watch?v=l7VrbgRLEpM
youtube.com/watch?v=dpjoEK_nlSk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

or is this too patrician a show for nu Sup Forums

COCKSUCKA

first for Wu

The scene were Al kills the priest is one the greatest tv moments of all time.

THE PUUUUUUURE FUCKING NIGGEDRY OF IT!

Such a great show. Haven't watch it in years so I guess it's time for a rewatch.

you must mean the one where he has the kidney stones

oh god, that was so painful to watch

youtube.com/watch?v=63CXrk_hon8

The DVD set for this and Rome should be the cornerstone of everyone's physical media collection.

that scarred me for life
if I ever get a kidney stone i'm shooting myself

No, the only parts left unresolved were uniformly the worst new plotlines of season 3. The actual Deadwood story was finished very well

We have technology and medicine now, any ER can treat you for pain and give you pills to break it down right away. If it's too big they blast them apart

that stupid drunk steve guy was just like Sup Forums

Rome starts to fall into the cliches of a "historical drama" by the end of the second season and the actors who play Agrippa and Augustus Caesar are garbage compared to Julius and Antony.

Deadwood (as well as the Sopranos) is easily superior to Rome which is more on a level with Six Feet Under

Rome Id say is better then deadwood, the only flaw being it was cut short so they jumped ahead in time way too fast in the second season

I've had kidney stones many times.
It is exactly as painful as it looks on tv, but once they pump you full of painkillers you're fine.

But I can't fault you for that impulse. The worst one I had made me want to jump off the roof of the hospital just so I'd stop feeling it.

My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those who doubt me suck cock by choice!

Al swearengen monologues were fucking great, the dialogue in this show all around was brilliant. Al is 3rd greatest tv character of all time behind tony and don

youtube.com/watch?v=l7VrbgRLEpM
what did he mean by this?

EB Farnum had the best lines. He was such a pathetic little shit

SWEGEN

how would have another and final season have gone

youtube.com/watch?v=dpjoEK_nlSk

the gem would have burned down at some point, I know that much. more love triangle shit with seth bulluck and the widow, jane would be drunk

>what did he mean by this?
I think he meant he's from /mlpol/

When is the movie coming out?

No idea if it is even possible. I just remember last year HBO said they could write one but the cast would be a decade older

>tfw you watch the entirety of Justified thinking of Raylan as Bullock's great great great grandson

Milch had a good chunk done as of last year, but now that he's on the writing team for TD season 3 who knows when it will happen

Deadwood is one of the few shows that I feel didn't have a shit season.

Shows tend to go up their own ass (breaking bad) or just don't have the same quality after the 2nd or 3rd season but I felt like Deadwood became better as it went along.

it only had 3 seasons. But Id put Breaking Bad's 5 over it any day

It never had a bad season, but 1 take a very long time to get itself together (more than most because of the pivot from Bullock as protagonist to an ensemble lead), and 3 has a ton of dead air with plotlines that are boring to start and have no resolution

2 however is a perfect show

yeah that theater troupe in season 3 is pointless

It was leading up to the big redemption for Jane, but we never got a S4 for that to happen

But even in season Jane's plotline goes nowhere for hours at a time.

>not liking based Jack Langrishe
FUCK YOU, SIR!

They were waiting for the troupe storyline to be ready I guess.

I did like him actually. Jane on the other hand was the worst character on the whole show. stop drinking and shut the fuck up!

It's the best television show ever made.

umm, ever heard of a little show called Entourage?

Sex In the City was better than both and it was on the same network.

John from Cincinnati, you plebs

I unironically like Girls more than Deadwood.

Is this a meme I'm not aware of?

Nah Deadwood is just overrated. It's like C list HBO.

If you're not just memeing you should probably rewatch it, it's really that good. Never seen anything with writing that even comes close on TV.

no, its top 5 or 6 for HBO: sopranos, band of brothers, john adams, the wire, deadwood, Rome

Six Feet Under is in the top three imo.

never seen it

You gotta get on that shit, dude. It has the most satisfying finale of any show ever.

John Adams is nowhere near as good as people say. I was hoping it would finally humanize the founding fathers in a way american media never does, but they're still these airless walking ideologues with only a couple quirks to define them. It's closer to a high-end BBC/PBS production than the great HBO dramas.

I haven't seen John Adams but Deadwood is much better than the rest there. The Wire is the only one that comes close but it succeeds in very different ways.

Wait, they're still working on the script for a movie? I thought it was abandoned after HBO demolished the sets years ago.

>I was hoping it would finally humanize the founding fathers
It does exactly that.

Boardwalk empire (until the final season) was almost like Deadwood set in the 20's

I mean humanize as in really get deep into their character, what made them strive to overthrow the greatest empire on the planet and rewrite the way men could govern themselves. These were such passionate, compelling men and the best I feel we get are some heated arguments in modern english to characterize them.

it was a miniseries, give it some slack