ITT: Movies that predicted the future

ITT: Movies that predicted the future.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dz4HEEiJuGo
youtube.com/watch?v=lwleaxA0ps0
imdb.com/title/tt0088083/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Network predicted Trump and his post-modern campaign reality.

Good I can't wait for the race war. It's the only reason I haven't killed myself yet.

kill yourself now ... once you grew up you will realize that your childish dreams are just well ... dreams

I forgot where I put the image but in an Alien VS Predator comic from the 90s they predicted that the terrorist would hit the WTC with planes as a reason why there are emergency jetpacks (or some sort of jet propelled platform) in the skyscraper the protag escapes from (iirc it was Hicks)

it was an Aliens comic, not an AVP comic, my bad. I never visit Sup Forums so I dont know if this is a known trivia or what. If anyone is interested I could dive into my old HDD to look for it

Damn, I still haven't seen the movie. Great book though, very depressing.

This.

youtu.be/dz4HEEiJuGo

im on the same boat, I get the feeling the movie's gonna suck compared to the book so I never get around to watching it

You do realize the WTC was attacked a few times before 2001, and was targetted many more times? Predicting a major attack on a prominent symbolic target is no big thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=lwleaxA0ps0
imdb.com/title/tt0088083/

maybe if the comic was dated before 1993 it has some merit to it

Network wasn't "predicting" anything. It was showing what was already happening.

Matt Damon memes aside, Elysium shows a very likely future. Maybe not a satellite civilization, but most definitely some form of majority population in refugee status, with a small percentage of the rich living in an isolated community of wealth.

found it, its from 1988
it does not say anything about the planes as I remembered though, oh well.

still, its before the 1993 bombing so there's that.

Brave New World is better as a prophecy

Hollywood does not predict, they indoctrinate.

It's a mixture of both.

1984 in practice with BNW exterior.

Our civilized societies are becoming more and more like a surveillance state, but it isn't in your face like 1984. Instead, it is behind the scenes, and the nice plastic covering to it all is closer to BNW, because people ultimately enjoy a blatant lie to the truth, and will continue to perpetuate that lie if enough pleasure is derived.

it's good and accurate, but reading the book is infinitely more enjoyable

the movie is good and is faithful to the source material

things aren't headed down that path, that would be a totalitarian regime of complete control, we're headed down the path of total unsustainable collapse actually

movie is excellent, fantastic ending scene and atmosphere, not better than the book.

thanks anons, that's good to hear, have some of this in return

Collapse may be inevitable (or even planned), but that doesn't mean it is going to happen soon.

>totalitarian regime of complete control
Yes and no. You don't need complete control to get people to buy into lies. You just need enough to ensure the systems already in place are working adequately. People will allow themselves to be cotrolled if they are getting enough pleasure out of life. So as long as the systems in place are providing the majoirty with enough pleasure, then a regime only needs to worry about the minority that isn't.

No ass whatsoever.

>tfw living in both 1984 and BNW but we get all the worst bits of both universes and none of the good bits

patrician taste XD

>ITT: underagers who don't remember the Bush era

That's the world now you sheltered ignorant child

The Matrix. In terms of man and machines coming to odds with each other and mankind becoming cave men again.

>it isn't in your face like 1984.

Yet.

The people in 1984 just accept that being constantly watched is normal. We're still in the process of being trained to accept that.

>spiderman still not posted

>Idiocracy
burgers are literally one president away from it kek

Funny how no one is mentioning how Clive Owen wears a "London 2012" Olympic hoodie throughout the movie. That genuinely is predicting the future.

the snowden leaks happened 4 years ago and people didnt care too much then nor they care too much now other than the celebrity himself

Literally predicted 9/11 6 months in advance

akira did it first

The movie doesn't explain the events so without the book you're lost. But otherwise its nearly perfect.

>That genuinely is predicting the future.

>London awarded the 2012 Olympics on 6 July 2005
>Children of Men filmed between 18 November 2005 and 17 January 2006.
>Filming began four months after games are announced.
>Predicting the future.

Retarded assclowns like you are what makes this board worth visiting.

Ever thought of posting on /x/? They need intelligent clear thinkers like you.

That's nothing. The X-Files spinoff Lone Gunmen actually had an episode where they had to prevent a plane from flying into the WTC.

already been posted but I appreciate the effort of googling the image and stuff

It's closer to Fahrenheit 451. The general public just sits around watching their screens all day. Books and their knowledge are forbidden because they contradict the state's agenda. Surveillance is not the biggest danger society faces, it's subversion and censorship.

underage get out

But there's plenty of anti-establishment stuff on the internet. It's not difficult to find or watch either.