Wew

wew

are you ready, Miami?

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/19/blog/post/3362426/after-four-years-of-tribulations-beckhams-miami-plan-finally-a-reality
youtube.com/watch?v=O3yYKpdJOYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>imblying they are ever going to start playing

what do you mean by this?

>David Beckham says the focus of his new Miami-based MLS team will be to "nurture home-grown talent" and "create a world class academy" that can compete with the ones in Europe.
>Beckham explains the reasons why he chose Miami as the city for his MLS team are the same why "millions of people choose Miami every year: the diversity, the culture, the weather, the beaches and the people."

the team was suppose to enter the MLS a few years ago,before 2014 I think

This team is stuck in development hell

They have a place to play in if they don't complete their stadium. Site of the Miami El Clasico

Cheeky Beckham, it's because it has the biggest colony of Argentines

>mlels
literally who cares

>hard rock stadium

ugh

non soccer fan here

is Beckham the Tom Brady/Michael Jordan of soccer?

The soccer games held that summer destroyed the field and all of the dolphin games until late season featured very bad grass that affected game play.

Is the MLS season close to the NFL season? Doesnt MLS start in like late spring?

David Beckham is a soccer player?????? I sideways thought he was a model

what the fuq is mls?

>miami

enjoy completely empty stadiums that is the shittiest sports town in haiti

he IS a model, but WAS a football player

mixed up your grammatical tenses there, m8

THIS, thought he was popular because he married that spice girl

>"p-pls believe us that we totly dun caarrrre"

you know exactly who beckham is and was

He learnt how to whore his image out better than anyone

Not even meme-ing here but I think the average American is only vaguely aware of Beckham's sports career. If you asked literally any given Burger on the street about David Beckham they'd go "Oh yeah, that soccer guy!
I've seen him in commercials!" but if you asked him what teams he played for they'd go "Beats me, I don't watch that shit." He's only a household name in the States because he's that guy from that magazine cologne ad that your wife thinks about during sex.

>be american
>have money
>????
>your 0 years old team is now playing in the top division
lmao what a shit country

i don't doubt that, but my point is the average american does know that beckham was a football player

just like the average european knows that michael jordan was a basketball player, while otherwise not giving a flying fuck about basketball

>be american
>have money
>literally do whatever you want
These are the principles on which our Great Nation was founded. It's not a flaw, it's a feature.

Only thanks to Space Jam

That's not in miami, though. That's in broward county like 45 mins away from all the action.

You think that's bad? Any new team entering the league gets to take one player from every team in the expansion draft.

and that's why you'll always be a nigger

Beckham still hasn't got a name for his team yet. What will he call it?

Eh... considering his mainstream exposure in America is as a model and entirely divorced from his identity as an athlete, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Americans forget or miss the soccer part and only know him as a model and sex symbol that randomly appeared in American celebrity pop culture in the 2000s.

Miami Hurricanes, there really isn't any other option.

Americans love naming their sports teams after natural disasters that constantly occur in their cities, don't ask me why

Bayern Miami United FC

>he posted from Argentegro

That's already a NCAA football team, my dude.

am I supposed to feel insulted by that gibberish?

>verify
>this is real
>espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/19/blog/post/3362426/after-four-years-of-tribulations-beckhams-miami-plan-finally-a-reality

Pardon me, I was wondering if "WE SACRAMENTO NOW" user would care to comment?

The same guy that shouted me down every time I reminded him that Garber had already said no Cali teams this round?

I'd be interested in finding out how my ass taste, if he has a moment.

AC Miami United St German

[SYNTHWAVE INTENSIFIES]

lol no

needs more pink and orange

I think he actually has a good chance of turning this into a proper brand. Miami has a huge hispanic community and it's a place that a lot Europe's footballers visit every summer. It could become the first choice destination for players leaving to MLS. I can also imagine a lot of teams would love to use the training facilities as a base during pre-season tours.

Looks like Zlatan could be off to MLS very soon. Too bad this team isn't setup yet.

>Miami has a huge hispanic community
wrong hispanics though

Ummm there's no such thing as "wrong hispanics" sweetie. All hispanics are equal in God's eyes.

A league with D grade talent will never be popular in America.

cubans, dominicans and nicaraguans don't play football you mongo

>Ummm there's no such thing as "wrong hispanics" sweetie
No, he means that Miami's hispanics are mostly Cubans. We don't really like soccer. There are a lot of Colombians and Argentines in Miami too, but it's mostly Cubans, and Cubans are baseball fans.

>inb4 why is the marlins stadium empty
Because we're yankees fans

This is true, they love their baseball.

I know what you meant m8.

they're also not human lmao

rude

>It's not a flaw, it's a feature.
kek, the land of the freeā„¢

is this /ligamx/?

They already have that and they are trying to get rid of that after the LA "Wildfires" and New Orleans "Katrinas" got turned down

guaranteed silver then

He was a model who got good at set pieces

Theres practically no argentines in the usa. For every 1 of you in miami theres gotta be at least 50 cubans, and they play baseball for some reason

Broward is better than Miami anyway.

>Miami Hurricanes, there really isn't any other option.
The Miami Hurricanes are a really popular college football team here, arguably more popular than the local pro baseball or pro hockey team. You can't make a new team called the Miami Hurricanes.

>theres gotta be at least 50 cubans, and they play baseball for some reason
American soldiers brought baseball to the island during the war against Spain and it just caught on. Even Fidel was a Yankees fan.

when were american soldiers on cuba?? bay of pigs?

Beckham was a fantastic player.

why do englanders always do this? they rate their own as if they were world class like moore, charlton, gascoigne, beckham, rooney, now kane, when in reality everyone else in the world knows they're mediocre at best.

I'm Scottish. Beckham was great. People tend to remember his post-2002 form and celebrity. Before then he was very talented and industrious player who delivered in the biggest games. He had incredible stamina and was up and down the wing all game, helping out Neville in defence regularly. Or covering the CBs when he played as a CM. His short and long passing was world-class.

sorry mate Beckham is extremely overrated.

and i am not even going on about british people overrating their athletes but Beckham really was nothing special.

i can safely say every major team in england nowadays have a better player than him

lol the US literally does the exact same thing

>it's real

Omg

mfw all the cliches about americans, beckham and football is true

Enjoy
youtube.com/watch?v=O3yYKpdJOYw

Miami Knights

Cuba was USA's playground before the revolution. Prior to that, it was a colony won in war. And Guantanamo is still there with american soldiers.

He was very good but sometimes overrated.

You fucking brainlet. there has been a military base in Cuba for a long time now. Where the fuck do you think Guantanamo bay is?

glad you got the joke

Haven't you heard about the Spanish American war

google nicaragua vs haiti 3-0 and see the video. they love it but they just arent any good at it