Tfw the whitewashing was the least of the problems with this "movie"

>tfw the whitewashing was the least of the problems with this "movie"

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/04/03/box-office-five-reasons-ghost-in-the-shell-bombed-in-america
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm more bothered by the fact that her hair isn't purple than the fact she isn't asian.

I'm more bothered that her idea of acting like a cyborg is to walk like a hunched over retard who doesn't swing her arms when she walks.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

How do you go from this...

...to this?

Feminism

>that feel when
but user, you posted an emotionless face, how am I supposed to discern what you are feeling

that's bullshit

This is somewhat right but honestly most people that saw it probably didn't even realize it was based on an anime

Yeah, the source material sucked. The original source material sucked even harder that Oshii grabbed what he could to make something resembling a movie.

It was actually a good movie

while I agree the first twit is right, it's also true that without ScarJo it would have cost less (she's the second highest paid actress iirc)

It's ok to white wash Asians user.

Long as it's not Dindus it's fine.

johansson is a terrible actor though. No redeeming qualities to this shitty movie.

People will "latch" on to whitewashing and not

>an R-rated story gutted to PG-13
>directed by Hollywood hacks
>scripted full of Hollywood cliches
>everything interesting about the world sucked out by exec meddling
>turned into a bland product for a low common denominator

They will turn to any reason other than that audiences occasionally decide that they don't want the pap that Hollywood forces them to eat.

It's because they turned a well-made source material into a dime a dozen capeshit

Gross

Has anyone on Sup Forums actually seen this?

WHAT ARE THESE CYBORGS RUNNING FROM?

it was the trunk of the fucking tree from which all the problems branched

Scarlett is THE highest paid actress on the planet.

The highest paid actor period is The Rock.

Doesn't Samuel L Jackson always win that award due to his Tarantino and Star Wars royalties?

Fucking hell

this guy gets it

>random twigger

Nope, Rock won last year.

Actually, he was highest paid of all time until Force Awakens and then Harrison Ford beat him again to be highest paid of all time.

im more bothered that she's too old and pudgy for the role and also too old and pudgy for the role, and also too old, and pudgy

could they have done without an origin story? just dive in the deep end of it without too much mumbo jumbo concepts and go for it with a new really original story based in that universe. was it doable? they had to make us connect with the lead character so they had to give us something at that level ...i dont know...
anyway
if fucking captain america deserved a sequel i think this movie should have one too and hopefully they will step it up... give us shocking science fiction that will make minority report cry in a corner , in a CSI meets original Mission Impossible (A group of extraordinary spies, each experts in their own fields, belong to the Impossible Missions Force)

But the SJW's cried the loudest. So whatever Hollywood adapts next expect it bend over backwards even more to them.

>no mateba

YOU HAD ONE JOB

Why would Aramaki have a Mateba you stupid faggot

Also male gaze was a problem.

Also that fact that no one likes Ghost In The Shell.

This is according to Hollywood "experts".

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/04/03/box-office-five-reasons-ghost-in-the-shell-bombed-in-america

You are confusing box office gross and wage

I think he meant another problem was Togusa didn't have his.
Also, why is Togusa an old Chinese guy?

I liked it.

"White washing" is a non complaint used by crazy people.

The better question is why ANYONE would own a Mateba unless they were GiTS fans.

Togusa had a big menacing revolver in the movie, idk what it was because im not a cuc/k/

I 2nd this.
It was pretty good.

>The original source material sucked even harder

Go fuck yourself. While even I admit the original manga was no masterpiece, it was fun. It was like a cyberpunk police procedural with some occasional humor.

The original movie made it unnecessarily philosophical and pompous. The sequel doubly so. Beautiful animation, though.

I wonder whose idea it was.

It was shit. The story is bland as fuck, the dialogs are borderline retarded most of the time and it took itself way seriously than it should have. The scenes they carefully copypasted from a far superior 1995 movie were used in a totally different context and felt more like an insult than homage. And why the fuck some random black chick replaced Togusa as a side character? Shit's retarded.

ScarJo was okay, GoT exceeded my expectations. Along with Takeshi he was the best part of this painfully average movie.

>tfw the whitewashing was the least of the problems with this "show"

>GoT guy

Why are hollywood jews trying to force this bitch so much

>won't let you view article if you have adblock installed

Pastebin it.

The thing is her hair was purple in Stand Alone Complex but I'm pretty sure it was black in the original.

It was a Chiappa Rhino. The poor man's Mateba.

Personally I think Scarlett Johansson just isn't as good of an actor as Hollywood is pushing her to be. She came off incredibly mediocre in the trailers.

Her unitard is so fucking dumb

>some random black chick replaced Togusa
Togusa wasnt replaced, he was that old asian guy that says he's 100% human, see

I know, but he's barely in the movie. Instead it's Miss Diversity getting the exposition. They should have cast some young asian dude to do all the things she did.

ur a racist racist who is racist

>my face when the people mad about whitewashing are retarded

solid movie 7/10 stay forever mad weebs

casting white ppl in any movie roll is racist

Did anyone here like the movie?

The ending was retarded along with the ''big conspiracy'' but it was watchable.

The music was nice except for the wubstep

>Why are hollywood jews trying to force this jew so much

I would have appreciated it if it was a standalone film. It's not like we're getting a lot of this aesthetics in the mainstream movies anyways, and I must admit that visually it was a very well done movie.

You can't compare the worst of one race to the best of another.

How does Ghost in the Shell compare to Blade Runner?

Please be honest: Blade Runner was an entertaining sci-fi movie but it wasn't exactly a cinematic masterpiece.

I own that manga and still like the movie.

Which one?

GitS 1995 is equal or better, depending on your tastes. This movie is just plain and is not really worth talking about.

Pretty much

this

did you see the middle third of the spielberg/kubrick AI?

>did you see the middle third of the spielberg/kubrick AI?

Yeah i watched the whole film.

You guys gotta admit the Chief's scene shooting back with the briefcase was fucking tight.

Cocain and booze

fuck off and stay on /vg/ you insufferable faggot

him and batou were the only decent characters in the film. scarjo aand herr gay robot walk was just horrible