>No HANS
>No full face helmet
Hes a fucking retard, had it coming.

DELETE THIS

>the day the sport died

S

good fucking riddance

F

schrader shouldve been charged with first degree murder and should have spent the rest of his days getting raped up his butt chute by Daquan in some Florida penn tbdesu

t. childress

nobody is at fault. certainly not the Schrader.

but if you have to play the blame game it was his own fault for not wearing a HANS because he though it it was too uncomfortable. I'm willing to bet dying of a skull fracture is a lot more uncomfortable.

Tony Stewart for killing a kid

kid was high, shouldn't have even been around a car in the first place

Smoke Did Nothing Wrong

Too hear the story Dale Jarrett tells about when Dale first saw him using one in mid-2000 it sounds more like he thought guys using them were scared pussies.

Unfortunately, Dale is unequivocally in the wrong here. Jeff Burton I believe was one of the first NASCAR drivers to wear a HANS device when it wasn't even mandatory. He told a story about how Dale accosted him about wearing it and asked "do you use the HANS because you're afraid of dying". Dale was one of those old school "if it's safe then you're a pussy go drive the car" types of guys. He wore an open faced helmet and was VERY defensive about it, and come to find out he loosened and cut his seatbelts to have more mobility in the driver's seat.

He was blocking for his two team cars who were in the first two positions. If you rewatch the final 10 laps of the race, he nearly wipes himself and Sterling Marlin out many times. I think on the last lap, Sterling was sick of it and just drove right into his bumper in the middle of turn 4 and got Earnhardt super loose, where he overcorrected and slammed into the wall head first, with the added impact of Schrader who was just minding his own business. That being said, I don't think Earnhardt fully understood the consequences, which were dying a horrifying death because the 2001 restrictor plate rules package was insane and the cars were breaking SO much air and going so fast that an accident like that was bound to happen. Tony Stewart went flying just earlier in that race and was lucky he didn't catch the fence.

>that whole day
>kenny crying on camera

in addition to
>had improper out of spec adjustments to his seat because 'he like it that way'
>his 5 point belts were worn out from years of use but he refused to replace them
>no one said no to any of these because he was "muh Intimidator"

Sterling did nothing wrong
Schrader did nothing wrong (duh)

He was mirror driving for his teammates and got his comeuppance. Dale sr. was always the kind of guy who could dish it out but threw a hissy fit when he got a taste of his own medicine.

Yes most of the "old guard" hated all the new fangled safety stuff. Jeff Burton talks about everyone in the garage making fun of him for being concerned about this in the mid and late 90s when it was clearly an issue. There were several deaths before Earnhardt's, Nascar knew it was a problem but dragged their feet about it because they didn't want to upset traditionalists.

Delete this

This “incident” messed with Tony’s head and he was never the same.

I’ll never see him in the winners cicle of the 500

I don't think Sterling dumped him. I really think Earnhardt lost all his momentum going high to block Rusty then low to block Sterling. Sterling had the best car that entire day and he knew there was a chance Junior and Mikey wouldn't be able to stop a run

having read the official accident report where they actually recreated the scene with a test dummy, and seeing all the blood that was in the actual car in the pictures, it was a very gory sight and kenny had to be the first to see it. He absolutely knew and couldn't say it

F

For Jarrett I remember him saying Adam Petty got him thinking, but Kenny Irwin was the one that really made him say too hell with what everyone thinks and he was really campaigning with Burton to change the culture of "wanting to live is not the same as fear of dying"

>Ken wearing sunglasses in his interview so you couldn't see the tears

nobody wore a hans then

the rumors were that it was brains all over the place and his head was beyond recognition perhaps decapitated

Just watch the liveleak fag you'll see it

[citation needed]

Not true. A bunch of guys actually started wearing the HANS and Hutchenson device after losing THREE guys over the course of 2000 (Adam Petty, Tony Proper, and Kenny Irwin)

t. soyboy who knows nothing about dale

And don't forget that the Sportsman's Series debacle was just a few years prior.