/mlb/ - The making of a villian franchise

LOL:Cleveland Indians removing Chief Wahoo logo from game jerseys and caps, starting in 2019 season
DET:Tigers sign Travis Wood to minors contract
KC:Royals finalize $2.5M contract with Escobar
WAS:Brewers ink RP Matt Albers to 2-yr, $5M deal
PIT:Mets still talking Harrison; FA more likely
ARZ:Diamondbacks ink Neftali Feliz to minors deal
MLW:Nelson (shoulder) expected back by June?
PHI:Phillies, K-Rod agree to minor league deal
BAL:Manny Machado to start at shortstop for O's
LA:Dodgers still trying to unload Matt Kemp
MLW:Brewers make Lorenzo Cain signing official
KC:Royals, Alcides Escobar reach agreement
MIA:Nationals pursuing Marlins' J.T. Realmuto

Gotta favor the Mets to win the world series this year

>lifelongs
how embarassing

>LA:Dodgers still trying to unload Matt Kemp
Even if they eat half of his contract I don't think they'll find a team who wants him enough to risk not landing him after he's cut.

As much as I hate them, I think the yankees are going to go far this year. They have a really really strong team

i dont understand the pic
are these the villains from the cubs' perspective?

What's the other teams villain-o-meter like

Cubs only hate winners such as the Giants, Red Sox, Cardinals, and Yanks

And Dodgers?

How big of an upset was it that the Dodgers didn't win it all last year?

He said winners Ricardo

>Jints
>winners

how are the brewers above the pirates? at least the pirates have ever won it

It's how the Cubs are considered villains by comparison to the rest of the league with the least villainous being the Padres, and most villainous being the Yankees

>Gnats
>Methinals
>Beating the Cubes.
Pick 1

White Sox

Still new to Sup Forums but is this some kind of meme? Don’t they have 3 World Series this decade?

The Dodgers raped the Cubs in the NLCS. They have won 104 games last year. They're winners. Deal with it

I agree

>conquer an entire civilization and continent
>show your dominance by killing hundreds of thousands of indigenous people
>humiliate your now dead enemies by wearing a stupid looking caricature on a midwestern baseball team's uniform
>bang a drum every home game to remind the dead spirits of those enemies they were conquered by AMERICA

why do we have to change the logo?

So it looks to me it's directly proportional to how much winning a team has done in the past 15-20 years, correct?

How lazy is SB Nation anyway?

>still new to Sup Forums
GO BACK

>tfw no more qt3.14 thiccc relief pitcher

Doesn't help that the face of the franchise for the past decade is a lying cheater.

Every Gnat ring is invalid because of meme magic. Also gays.

Reminder that the Cubs are fraudulent and the drug results WILL be released

oh shit you're right i forgot about the juiceman

>meme magic
you mean bumgarner being absolutely lights out?

because otherwise you'll be a shitlord

>left side losers and never-weres
>right side winners
Cubs are pointed at the correct side, good pic

>MFW DA WIGWAMS WIN DA WORLDS ERIES

>saying madbum is good

Watch out you'll trigger him

>wigwams

Execute yourself you racist

Where would you place Kershaw's clutch game 7 of the world series performance?

>Walgreens
Try and win a playoff series next time.

Say it ain't so Matt. Say it ain't so.

>mfw when the era of matt "you gonna eat that?" albers is over

Didn't he only start juicing after he joined the gnats though?

>gib fat ass reliever nao gotdammit

That girl could get any cleavage no matter how hard she tried.

She's a Butterface, but I would still smash that.

Disgusting

Gotta favor the Mets to win the world series this year

Leave the Indians to me.

Manfred isn't in that picture

lel

>nothing wrong with the indians logo
>let's change it because some people "might" be offended
What a load of crap.

Leave the Yankees to me.

>might
Indians picket outside their ballpark all the time, as well as other ballparks where they and the Braves visit.

@MatthewS_Aung
5m5 minutes ago
More
The #Cubs have made a 4 year contract offer to Yu Darvish. This according to @jonmorosi

@TheCubsReporter
54m54 minutes ago
More
Per @McCulloughTimes and @latimessports on FA Yu Darvish @faridyu decision: “Yu Darvish has made clear he would like to return to the #Dodgers, and part of the delay in his free agency is related to waiting to see if the team can move some of the money” #Cubs #MLB

@TheCubsReporter
6h6 hours ago
More
Per @jonmorosi on @MLBNetworkRadio on Yu Darvish to Cubs @faridyu:"If the bidding is close between the #Twins and #Cubs , I could see the Cubs winning.If the Twins dont really step up in a profound way in the next 48-72hrs there's probably a decent chance Yu Darvish becomes a Cub

@TheCubsReporter
2h2 hours ago
More
Per @Sullivan_Ranger on Yu Darvish @faridyu : “It seems obvious that Darvish wants to return to the Rangers. The problem is the #Rangers keep saying that it is "unlikely" that they'll be active at the top of the FA pitching market.” #Cubs #MLB

The Cubs have actually offered Darvish a 5 year contract but Darvish wants 6 years and they're leveraging teams against each other to get the 6th year of the deal. Still it looks like the Cubs might sign him if they really want him.

PROVIDE LINKS TO THE TWEETS YOU FUCKING FAKE NEWS ADDICTED MORON

>So it looks to me it's directly proportional to how much winning a team has done in the past 15-20 years, correct?
Not necessarily the last 20 years, more like the teams who have reached the WS the most times in the entire 140+ year history of pro baseball. They also all have insufferably smug fanbases.

>Yankees with 27 WS wins, 40 AL wins
>Giants with 8 WS wins, 20 NL wins
>Cardinals with 11 WS wins, 19 NL wins
>Dodgers with 6 WS wins, 19 NL wins
>Red Sox with 8 WS wins, 12 AL wins

Technically the A's should be on here too, but since they bounced from KC to Philly and then finally to Oakland, have somewhat tolerable fans, and not a lot of money, they don't really count. Honestly I don't understand why the Mets are on here at all. They haven't won in decades and nobody cares about them, they're a lazy ripoff of the New York Giants brand.

Darvish should go to the Indians and his face should become their new logo

>not looking up the twitter handles
fuckin pleb/10

www.inquisitr.com/4758745/mlb-rumors-yu-darvish-signing-with-the-chicago-cubsis-eminent/amp/

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why are the Yankees the cubs biggest villain? They haven't played each other in a big game in like 100 years

>oakland
>tolerable fans
Were you here from 2012-14?

>Why are the Yankees the cubs biggest villain?
It's not the biggest villain from the Cub's point of view, it's the biggest villain from the general MLB fanbase's point of view. Like if you asked fans all over the country to list which teams they hate the most, Yankees/Red Sox/Cardinals would top the list and the Padres would be dead last because most fans probably forgot the Padres exist.

FAKE
NEWS

>Mets
>villains at all
what did they do?

I don't really count Sup Forums as representative of any fanbase. Especially in baseball where the average fan is a full decade older than the average Sup Forums poster.

That's what I'm wondering. Such an irrelevant, boring team. They're like the dry toast of baseball.

check out the tryhard newfag teaching common knowledge to everyone

thanks for this rundown user!

Only Phillies fans have a valid excuse to hate them for the NY-Philly rivalry.

They're from New York, they're automatically villains. Also it's not like anyone else from the NL East matters.

You are this mad.

please keep teaching us things everyone already knows, we are so lucky to have you here on the baseball subreddit

You must go back.

>unironically calling a thread on Sup Forums a subreddit
This is why you have to go back, newfag. You're like the people who unironically call sports "sportsball"

guys I think he might've been being sarcastic

Sarcasm is Reddit tier humor.

MUELLER AIN'T GOING AWAY

Oh wait, you're talking about Darvish... LOL to any team stupid to give that choker a hundred million.

>www.inquisitr.com/4758745/mlb-rumors-yu-darvish-signing-with-the-chicago-cubsis-eminent/amp/
>"The unknown is how many years and for how much money will Darvish agrees to."
>how much money will Darvish agrees to
>will Darvish agrees

of course a fucking nigger wrote this

>le sarcasm XD
The lowest form of humor, as is and always will be. It seems to be a running thread with these newfag types. Too edgy for Plebbit that they take their cancerous attitudes here and desperately try to fit in.

How are the Mets villains?

We hate ourselves.

isn't shitposting just high level sarcasm? that's what this site is built on

>implying barves fans like us

the mets-nationals """"""""rivalry"""""""" is a mickey mouse fake-ass "rivalry" though. bring back the expos
no one gives a shit about the walgreens

>that's what this site is built on
Only an obvious newfag would say this.

You're reading it wrong. Your placement just shows you're slightly less irrelevant than the Cubs.

>he thinks Sup Forums isn't just massive shitposting and edgy teens
wew lad

Braves-Nats is the rivalry here. But since the Expos left Montreal the Braves haven't had those old time rivalries with their yankee counterparts.

Again, obviously what a newfag straight from Reddit believes.
Sup Forums is an imageboard that originated with Sup Forums and Sup Forums, shitposting and edgy teens originates from Sup Forums, not all Sup Forums are Sup Forumstards. You're only halfway correct if you take the two original boards to heart. Besides, all the oldfags from Sup Forums grew up and went to other places.

where's the it's cold and there's no baseball guy

Hes not the face anymore, not since the shit hit the fan. But brewers still haven’t found someone to replace him. They were kinda trying with Eric Thames and Travis “Mayor of Ding Dong City” >Shaw but it didn’t stick.

>Sup Forums is just shitposting and edgy teens
That's because Reddit and r/Sup Forums tell you it is.

Remember when broors lifelongs said Darvish was going to sign with them?

Loving
Every
Laugh

probably nose-deep in the Silmarillion thanks to the Cubfag dipshit loremaster

I never said that, neither did other Brewers fans. It was falseflagging from Cubs fans trying to make us look delusional.

Well the leaf I was responding to clearly wasn't aware of this, that's why I posted it.

>Gnats

DAMAGE CONTROL

>drop red wahoo
>insert yellow wahoo

Dolans confirmed top tier trolling skills

That's just a triple falseflag.

When are we going to get the quadruple falseflag we deserve?

That would imply a fanbase everyone thought was dead isn't already working on a quintuple falseflag as we speak.

would that be a fan of a team pretending to be a fan of another team pretending to be a fan of a THIRD team in order to make his own team's fans look better?

A triple falseflag is when a mets fan makes a post pretending to be DG. Thus one here: ... ..But in that false DG post, the poster makes it seem as if DG is pretending to be a giants fan at an attempt to deflect from the humiliation being endured to somehow make this about DG. A trip which I have not used for 9 months.
It was explained here by me. It's fucking cerebral.

Bros...

I'm not proud.

>Filtered image
Bet it's some pepe or wojack trash. Let's talk about how great Sachiko and the Cubs are instead.