Why does a wizard have such poor upper body strength that he cannot do one pull-up?

Why does a wizard have such poor upper body strength that he cannot do one pull-up?

Sounds typical of wizards

Nigga just held off a fucking Balrog, give him a break.

are you implying that wizards are known for their upper body strength?

Maybe because he's old?

Because he's not Galadriel and thus can't riverdance

all that Hobbit Pot fucked up his testosterone level

he let go to pursue the balrog, realizing such a creature could be allowed to fall into the hands of the enemy

>ywn toke some bomb pipeweed with Gandalf
;_;

Isn't his leg caught in the Balrog's whip?

Reminder Dumbledore did this while nearly poisoned to death and insanity.

He's still just a human though. Gandalf would absolutely wreck him.

This, "Gandalf" can die, but Olórin lives for ever, his guise may fade but he will never die.

Sauron and the balrog were both Maiar, he would probably not have followed Sauron and would have done his own thing.

min/maxing. only plebs waste points in str

You are lotrfags. Gandalf can't do magic he is lame. His character is a mary sue.

Kek.

Not allowed to do magic =/= doing magic.

even without magic he would destroy any plans Dumbledore could ever imagine.

these movies came 20 years ago. who the fuck remembers this crap

Why didn't the rest rush in and save him? Why did they hold back?

Because they were against literal primordial evil, even a poke from the Balrog would be enough to kill them

What the fuck are you talking about.

You know, the canon.

But the Balrog already fell. They could've rushed in and pick up Gandalf.

On a bridge that was failing.
>risk the entire world over a being who cannot die who is existing to do what he is doing
Care to explain why they should risk everything to save him?

It's a weighted-pull up with the Balrog holding on to him.

They had a bit of time to save him before the bridge collapsed.

Sure, in retrospect.

Wait didn't he fall on purpose to defeat the Balrog and become Gandalf the White?

>Two days from retirement

>... and your other Gandalf

Wizards are supposed to have upper body strength?

they could have just dropped the ring into the chasm and it would have literally never been found

This is against the canon and why they simply didn't drop it into the ocean.

It will always be found.

>Has an opinion on a powerlevel discussion
>Doesn't know the lore on the one he thinks wouldn't win
Faggot

You have no idea how powerful Gandalf is. Like holy shit man.

gandalf was forbidden to use his a sizable portion of his power because the gods determined that man must achieve peace without external help, especially considering they're the very reason why the ring still exists. gandalf could use a portion of his real power for special circumstances, like fighting a balrog for days but even then, his physical form restricted the full use of that portion.

in his true form, gandalf could have fought sauron and possibly have won.

Why didn't he just teleport back up?

>With a terrible cry the Balrog fell forward, and its shadow plunged down and vanished. But even as it fell it swung its whip, and the thongs lashed and curled about the wizard's knees, dragging him to the brink. He staggered and fell, grasped vainly at the stone, and slid into the abyss. 'Fly, you fools!' he cried, and was gone.

>Why does a wizard have such poor upper body strength that he cannot do one pull-up?

min max

probably only needed like 3 strength for the staff

He couldn't defeat a balrog without dying. Dumbledore would literally take one second to defeat a balrog. Even Harry would do better. Gandalf is a shit wizard.

>gandalf could have fought sauron and possibly have won
You should add that he could've fought him at full power, not just the form Sauron is in at the time

>Doubling down on retardation and ignorance
Just fuck off. You're embarrassing yourself

Sauron was one of the strongest Maiar, and definitely the strongest one during the Second Age wearing the Ring.

Nice ad hominem bro. Where's your argument though?

because the color of his robes didnt have enough power level at the time

in that instance, not sure gandalf would have won
yeah he was insane strong. if the last alliance didn't beat him i think the real heavies would have been sent in. honestly sauron's first downfall was pure luck.

pure luck? he should have known there would have been repercussions for convincing Numenor to attack the Valar

>in his true form, gandalf could have fought sauron and possibly have won.
No? Gandalf was a maia under Manwe, Sauron was under Melkor and Aule, Gandalf was wise, he's not a fighter. Sauron could go toe to toe with Haun, the greatest wolf in existence (granted he lost) but Gandalf would get his shit kicked in 1v1.

My Tolkien is VERY rusty, so please correct me if i'm way off base.

Aren't the wizards banned from using their full power because Eru learned from his mistakes with Melkor and Sauron?

COULD they ignore this command? Because if so, why didn't Saruman go all out bad guy in all his demigodly glory?

Pretty much yes.

>Eru learned from his mistakes with Melkor and Sauron?
What mistake? The whole reason Arda exists is so Melkor can learn form his mistakes in the music.

During the music as you recall, Melkor put his own discord into the music. Arda and all it's troubles is that discord taking shape so that he can see the error in his ways and hopefully learn, it didn't look like he did.

>COULD they ignore this command? Because if so, why didn't Saruman go all out bad guy in all his demigodly glory?
Saruman did and when he died his soul was not allowed to enter the undying lands again. You could, but why would you? These were orders from Manwe, not Eru if I am not mistaken.

Their power are not the general "I will destroy the world with the power of fire" shit. It's more complex.

Why lift when you can summon and levitate almost anything

>The whole reason Arda exists is so Melkor can learn form his mistakes in the music.
>During the music as you recall, Melkor put his own discord into the music. Arda and all it's troubles is that discord taking shape so that he can see the error in his ways and hopefully learn, it didn't look like he did.
Holy fuck, that just hit me like a ton of bricks. I did not remember that at all.
I read Silmarillion when i was like 14, more than 10 years ago, and i read it in English which is not my first language.

Damn, i really need to read it again. So much of that went right over my head, iirc it's a very "heavy" book to read.

Thanks man.

Ironic, isn't it.... he could levitate almost anything, but not himself

It is, OP is a fucking idiot or fishing for replies.

Not sure if anyone has thought of this before but why didn't they just fly the eagles to mordor?

Why didn't he just levitate the ring to Mordor?

Yeah one thing I picked up on a later read...

"Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor, but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Iluvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, that ye may see that no theme may be played that hath not it's innermost source in me, nor can any prove but mine instrument in the devising of things more wonderful, which he himself hath not imagined"

Is the single paragraph where I got this reasoning from, you are wholly correct in it being a heavy book to read. The thing which I picked up on would be that Melkor through his strife created the wonderful hope that mankind and elves have in their survival, Gandalf's ring enabled him to inspire others and give them hope.

I also see that passage as Tolkiens view on his own work in relation to god. Tolkien being Melkor and trying to create a work which doesn't have it's innermost source in his catholic god. That's my applicability anyhow.

tl;dr Eru is a shit teacher.

>partis temporus
>it parts the fire

He didn't fall off. He let go.

>Have I ever told you the tragedy of Gandalf The Grey? It's a Maiar legend. Gandalf was a Grey Wizard so powerful and so wise, he could use magic to influence arda to create...lift. He had such a knowledge of the Maiar, he could even keep the ones he cared about...from staying on the ground. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power...which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic isnt it? He could levitate almost anything, except himself.

>he could even keep the ones he cared about...from staying on the ground

So, you can say that Gandalf's friends had the high ground?

Wizards aren't known for their upper body strength. You're thinking of genies.

He had an entire balrog hanging from his ankle

Who would win in a fight between Gandalf and Magneto?

>Gandolf turns on his poles highbeams blinding Magneto
Gandalf

Saruman's whole schtick was he disobeyed and planned to use the ring himself to kill sauron but obviously was corrupted and thus bas banished from the order.

Who would win in a fight between Saruman and Count Dooku?

But if he gets the ring everything is fucked and he knew frodo has it

if i could shoot fucking fireballs from my dick, i wouldnt fucking lift either