Legion

Thoughts?

I liked this better than any other capeshit I've seen in years. It kinda reminded me of why people love this stuff to begin with.

It also kind of reminded me of Inception in the second half of the season, except the showrunners were creative and surreal with the "inner mind" settings/scenes in a way that Inception never really was.

It wasn't perfect, I'm sure y'all can pick apart the flaws all day long, but overall I liked it a lot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iF2pkQDyCy0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes its really good and from what ive seen here most people agree with that.

To me its only good when you binge it or string some episodes together cause sometimes it feels like they don't hold themselves very well on their own.

At least they made up for the lack of happenings with K I N O

It was great but then became a generic capeshit show during the finale. I hope they can redeem it next season, I really enjoyed it up until the end. We went from an intense character drama/horror kino with a disorienting story telling style to David charging down a hallway in slow mo with lightning all over his body. It just felt silly and trashy.

>protagonist gets taken away in a flying pokeball
What did they mean by this?

Felt like all the plot and character development was completely arbitrary.

They made up for the capeshit schlock with Oliver's reaction to being taken over by the Shadow King

I dunno. To me, that whole "silent movie" sequence with Jemaine Clement conducting music over it was anything but generic. And when Aubrey just crumpled up the curly-haired dude like a ball of tinfoil it legitimately freaked me out for a moment, especially within the silly context of that scene.

It probably helped that I was watching that episode around 3 in the morning, but I thought it was great. Although I do agree with you that Dan Stevens can be the wrong kind of corny when he's doing his "I'm so crazy" schtick/facial expressions

I liked it but I feel I have a hard time judging it subjectively. Because I've really just grown to hate the X-Men movies so much over the years and this was so fresh in comparison. I almost feel like I would have loved it even if it was only had the same plot.

>"What did he do with it?"
What is the Shadow King looking for?
Cerebro? Some artifact?

Kino as fuck right up until the finale.

They slow tease all the powers and build up the ability of both david and the shadow king for an entire season and the final battle is literally them running at each other in a fucking hallway.

They must have run out of money or something because that was the most disappointing final battle I have ever seen.

Look at the OP picture for example, they did shit like that, had massive battels explosions, the scene where all the doors blow open when david escapes shadow kings coffin etc etc.

Budget issues is the only reason I see them having to do a slow mo heads up tackling drill to display the worlds two most powerful psychics fighting to the death.

They're just getting started with David and his brain and powers.

SK was phoning it in because he knew it was time to retreat, David has only a scant clue as to what he can do and how.

My bet is on that its still all at some remove from actual reality and the show is literally about Legion from the unreliable narrator pov of David Haller

No, that episode was great, I meant episode 8.

It's not Syd.
But who?

I thought that was okay too. If it was actually the "final showdown" it would be anticlimactic, but the Shadow King obviously isn't dead, the finale just got him out of David's body.

But yeah, I guess you could say it was a bit of a letdown as a series finale. It didn't bother me that much since I watched the whole season in 3 days, so the cooler parts were still fresh in my mind when it was all over. If I'd been waiting a week for each new episode, though, I might've been pissed off too.

The Russian Heiress from Moscow.

What happened to the dog with the red eyes in the cage in the first episode?

It seemed important at the time

There are a lot of unanswered questions and red herrings.

This doesn't make much sense, SK has a chance to destroy david and take control of his powers once and for all, and david is arguably at the weakest power level he will ever be and its time to retreat?

David jsut down right wooped SK's ass and the show failed by using a slow mo sprint to display the ass wooping.

And as far as unreliable narrator, there is going to be some surprises for sure but the key thing about legion is that someone has to die near him for him to absorb their psyche.

IMO there are just going to introduce the other personalities that David has naturally due to his skitzto and keep everyone else "real" except for maybe one or two who died and were consumed by david and projected to make him think they were still living.

Unreliable narrator isnt going to be all encompassing

Mostly what I meant is that there may be other forces at play hinted to we are not fully privy to yet as viewers that forced SK to retreat.

SK is quite strong but may have been weakened by what was going on as well.

Thats fine but it still doesn't excuse the pitiful finale.

I honestly am waiting for an explanation.

His body, maybe

I liked it, fit the series nad set up more for later. If its a matter of personal taste so be it, you're allowed your opinion.

The two most powerful psychics on the planet...
literally
ran at eachother

I hate to make this comparison but Legion is structured very similar to GOT the early seasons, ep9 is the bug climax to the season, ep10 is wrapping up plot threads and setting up the next season, can't say I like this method but its obvious what it was

>she'll never infest your psyche

Psychicly ran at each other

I laughed for a minute straight at this.

What's with the tree growing into and throughout David's house?
Is that maybe just symbolism for the Shadow King taking over?

Yea didn't say it was good, really it seems like they only had 7eps then they got renewed so had to create a 8th ep to set up season 2, their were good bits, but as everyone keeps saying it was a letdown after 7, still I think that's why, ep8 was rushed

It was really stupid but it's a little understandable since the SK was weakend by being erased from David's mind.

Or David regaining control or maintaining an aspect of himself even though he's 'walled in' theirs lots of possible symbolism, I need to rewatch this show

remember the dude posing as a tree in the psyche war...

I hope there is a whole episode about that guy.

thats sk, their was almost an entire ep dedicated to 'the dog isn't real'

daily reminder, almost everyone is Legion

He isn't just in the tree and grass btw. The same guy is sitting in one of the chairs at one of the psychiatrist sessions.

Legion? More like Le'kino

yea, yea the tree guy, he's one of Davids personalities, just hasn't done anything yet

no thats terrible

I like it but I feel no connection whatsoever with david's character. even when he's not under the king's spell his behavior doesn't seem to have much rhyme or reason, and not in a charming surrealistic way, just like, directly consequential to moving the plot along

you didn't like the magic man? or Reason? david is schizo he's got multiple personalities

We may not even be seeing the "real" David yet.

He was definitely controlled by SK that whole episode from start to finish.

>controlled start to finish
oh yea

That's true, the show is pretty much one 'you'll find out later' event after the next
Doesn't mean I couldn't have wished for a more likeable lead

'real' David is the one who broke the doors and caught the bullets

meh, I like him, just a matter of taste I suppose

Was this SK?
youtube.com/watch?v=iF2pkQDyCy0

That was not I thought, maybe it was.

King was in the bathroom.

no david was trying to keep Sk quiet

>that guy during the dance sequence
amazing

In just the finale episode with the side-villain Interrogator:

* "we feel like you care about david" -said to man actively seeking to kill him
* lets give this guy all our real names and tell him all our issues.
* lets invite him inside our building and show him around
*lets threaten every human on the planet to his face.
*lets leave the doors unlocked, too
*lets bring in a monitor so he can see all our secret plans from his waiting cell.
*lets be friends now.

Anybody got an idea on the amount of times David's name is called out?

it was weird, I think he's dead and one of Davids now, they were trying to bring him on board

I liked it a lot but I don't see how they can keep this style up for too long without it turning into shitty effects central. The premise is gonna get stale or it will become visually shit

the worlds look is determined by david, thats why retards were arguing about what date its set, the show is from his point of view, so as long as they keep that premise its always going to look odd