How many current players at your club would you consider club legends?

How many current players at your club would you consider club legends?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wDrIBDm8V4I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1 (one)

None desu. Wilshere is probably the closest, with Ozil and Ramsey next in line but they've still got a long way to go. And the last three players who had the potential to be club legends all ruined their legacy (Cole, Fabregas and RVP).

>Fabregas
But he wanted to come back to Arsenal; it was Wenger that said no

>Hazard
>Cahill

that's probably it, a few players have potential to do it in a few years if they keep up their current form and stick around for their peaks
>Christensen
>Courtois
>Alonso

>Wenger said no to his 160k a week demands
yea dumb Wenger, right?

I know that. I understand why RVP left too. It still doesn't change the fact that they ruined their Arsenal legacy, although I'm sure that neither of them care about that considering the trophies they've won since leaving.

Well seeing as Fabregas has won 2 of the 3 EPL titles since coming back and has 14 goals and 41 league assists I would say yes dumb Wenger

Yes, lmao.
Do you remember his first season back in England? He carried Chelsea to the title

Carrick, Valencia, Young maybe, de Gay is on the way too

>Well seeing as Fabregas has won 2 of the 3 EPL titles since coming back
and those are list last epl titles
>He carried Chelsea to the title
come on now, are you comparing Cahill&Hazard to Mustafi&iwobi? with or without Fabregas Arsenal would have been shit either way.

>Cahill
Is it really that easy to become a Chelsea legend these days?

Oh look. Another Manchester United supporter. Let me yawn a little harder.

He's Australian, he probably has him confused with Tim Cahill

The liberals in charge of Oz have made it mandatory by statute to worship anyone with aboriginal blood

Too Early. If he moved to Madrid next season could really still say he was a legend?

>two league titles, one of which he captained the club for
>FA cup
>League cup
>Champions League
>Europa League

What else does he need to do?

Marcus Alonso is a squad player who gets to start more often than he deserves.

Torres and probably Godin and Gabi.
technically Simeone

You don't necessarily need to be a great player to become a club legend; just like being a great player doesn't automatically make you a legend. I mean a merc can come in during peak years but that wouldn't automatically make you a legend would it? To take something from another sport, I would consider someone like Udonis Haslim a Miami Heat legend even if he was never amazing

I wouldn't say he was integral to winning those trophies. He only captained Chelsea to the league last season because Terry was getting old and he was literally the only other senior English player in the squad. And even then he was probably the weakest link in the defence that season.

>Let me yawn a little harder.
is that what fat mutts do at midnight?

I honestly don't see him leaving for Madrid.

Yes dumb Wenger. Fabregas would have helped out a lot, especially if he had Ozil and Sanchez to work with.

what did you mean by this you fat dirty cunt, this is why vietnam won you smelly prick

>I wouldn't say he was integral to winning those trophies
He played 37 league games games in the most recent title win, and 36 in the other.

He played the entire CL final vs Bayern with an injury.
He started the League cup win.
He started the Europa league win.

>cahill already a legend
>completely forgetting dave

if you were trying to make a terrible post, good job.

You're right, Azpilicueta is up there

As for not rating Cahill as a legend, see and

It's not difficult to become a Tottenham legend. They invited Peter Crouch to their farewell ceremony at WHL last season and he only spent 3 years at the club.

Jack Wilshere if he stays fit, keeps up with his form, signs the contract, wins the WC/Euro & fulfills his potential

those are massive IFs tho

Liverpool

None, Milner or bobby come closest I reckon

what about mignolet

SOON

I was going to put mignolet for banter but he doesn't even deserve that... I remember the joy I had when we signed Karius and the classic Liverpool nonsense that he broke his collar bone and was actually shit

>tp
>tf

Zaha
Maybe Cabye or Sahko

Milan
No one currently but several players have the potential to become one
The closest thing >we have right now is Gattuso

Rui Patrício

Techincally Herrera (Jesus Christ!)...

Danilo and Brahimi maybe

Casillas and Maxi for the lulz

Newcastle
Maybe Lascelles but I'm being generous

#legend
youtube.com/watch?v=wDrIBDm8V4I

Ramsey is much more of a legend than a Wilshere, who has done practically nothing in an Arsenal shirt

Ramsey ended the trophy drout

You're being very, very generous

Just because he captained us to the title last year and called Diame out for being a lazy cunt. Not worthy of a statue yet but he's streets ahead of anyone else.

Not really a legend, more of an icon desu. But still love hom no homo.

>malmö

Luisão is Benfica's legend

>Brahimi
do portofriends still rate that fraud? he's probably the least efficient winger Porto has had this century

>7 years at schalke
what the fuck was he thinking

Easy.
I honestly believe he's been very very underrated his whole career.
And I believe he'll end up with the most games ever for the club.
Love him.

>Danilo and Brahimi maybe
>legends

lol
FUCKING LOL

Can a man that doesnt end his career at a club really be considered legend there?

golden retirements to clubs in the mlels or middle east don't count

>Benfica still thinks Brahimi's job is being a winger
Kek

Wes Hoolahan

Barely anybody actually does retire with their main club though
Henry - MLS
Lampard - MLS
Gerrard - MLS
Drogba - Turkey
Terry - Leeds
Beckham - MLS
Ronaldinho - Some SA shit
R9 - Corinthians
Xavi - Saudi Arabia
RVP - Turkey
Those are off the top of my head

Rvp is at faye

easy

currently one. currently...

>Terry - Leeds

Iniesta
Messi
Busquets
Piqué
Dembele

next time don't do it off the top of your head

>hating based Herrera

he's improved a lot

pretty sure the liberal party is actually conservative in australia buddy

in my lifetime probably just boothy

Gago > T€v€$

In other words he's done absolutely nothing other than be English and have potential.

Casillas-Porto

Kimpembé
GAP
Pastore
HUGE GAP
Cavani and Rabiot
MAYBE NEXT DECADE GAP
Neymar and Mbappé

Are you retarded? They can’t be club legends. Not a single one. We haven’t won anything in 4 years. And we have a huge hall of fame. If we win this year, sure, Brahimi and Danilo atleast, they will surely be important on any title we win. And then of course you could get a random legend like Kelvin.

dis boi

>Kimpembé

Like Bale? Or Ratboy?

>tfw yaya still plays for city

where the fuck has he been this season?

At home drinking beer [email protected]

lord and legend

This.

Fährmann

he's declined to the point where I doubt he could even play in China effectively. he's probably the slowest player in the league. he played a bit in the cup and it was comical and sorta sad at how old he got. it legit took him a good 5-8 seconds to make a 180° turn at one point.

anyway, for Man City the legends are Kompany, Toure and Aguero. Hart too, since he's still a part of the club.

oh, and Silva of course.

>United
Rooney, CR7, Carrick, Jones, Smalling, Young, Valencia, Nani, Tevez, Berbatov, Pogba, Mata, Rashford(in a few years lol), Johnny Evans maybe?

>United customers are really this dumb

Ronaldo, Modric, Ramos. Maybe Marcelo

>CURRENT players

All of them are still playing.

In any case, those are some absolutely awful choices. Phil Jones is a legend? For Manchester United, who have had hundreds of icons?
Carlos Tevez has got to be bait

>Berbatov

You're nitpicking on Phil Jones over Smalling or Evans? Jones is a fan favorite, they have specific chants for him whenever he tackles someone or defends a cross. I don't think he'll have trouble making it into the Hall of Fame lmao

Should have scored that penalty.

Sure, the ref stole us one goal and there were other players that should have tried to score before Herrera, but still

What do you mean? We are San Iker's main team

>aguero
>a legend

not even top 10 in the history of city

kompanayy and silva are so weird looking
silva legit looks like butthead

Most of them.

He is unironically one of the shittest players to consistently play for celtic too.
he's a legend because he's le scottish and tough tackler

None of them at the moment. Meyler's the longest serving player but he's been too inconsistent.

Last definite legend to play was Deano of course, but Ian Ashbee, Andy Dawson and Boaz Myhill also fit that.

>Ashbee was the first man to captain the same team through all 4 divisions