Pyeongchang 2018

Who else is gonna be watching the Winter Olympics?
Are you watching 1 sport, or many?
Who's gonna win the medals?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwJvkrU0Bh0
espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/22186039/russia-says-viktor-ahn-top-athletes-barred-pyeongchang
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Winter_Olympics_medal_table
youtu.be/yyP-jq9RoA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why is spandex so awesome

No Russia - no games.

Olympics are boring

but they're still competing idiot.
it's just that they are banned from using their flag and anthem because they got caught doping. they should have been completely banned.

for me, it's snowboard cross.

MIKAELA
I
K
A
E
L
A

>Only 2 gold for Fourcade

Bitch I'm gonna BE there

not bad looking tbqh.

what events are you going to

>SLO
>7 total medals
>3 golds
which idiot made that prediction? Slovenia currently has nobody who's a favourite to win any kind of medal.

Canada will NOT win gold in hockey. men's or womens. screencap this.

#ImStillWithHer

>GBR
>0 (ZERO) Golds

you guys need to step up your game

are you accusing me of voting for Hillary Clinton because I oppose doping in sport? that's quite a stretch there lad.

I don't think they'll give a damn on the men's side since NHL players are banned. Who do you pick for the women's side? It seems like it's always between the USA and Canada, with the USA dominating at the Worlds and choking at the Olympics.

When do they start and what can I do to not deal with NBCs terrible fucking coverage?

I think the US Women's team will win gold. the US Men's team probably won't win gold though. Olympic Athletes From Russia will probably win Men's gold if they have KHL players.

>GER 8
I'm not sure if death slide has that many events but ok

>Leafs only get wiminz hockey gold.
>8 choke medals
Checks out.

drinking game: drink every time the commentators say "the Olympic Athlete From Russia or the Olympics Athletes From Russia" instead of "the Russian or the Russians"

you will probably die though.

>Finland

>Muh Russia should be banned for cheating

there's 9 sliding events.
Bobsled:
>2 Man
>4 Man
>Women
Luge:
>Men's Singles
>Women's Singles
>Doubles
>Team Relay
Skeleton:
>Men
>Women

>Russia should be allowed to cheat with no consequences

>Getting medals stripped isn’t a consequence

This is petty international politics because the US has more control

DAYS
A
Y
S

I heard the South Koreans have been stepping up their Men's hockey game. think they could sneak in a cheeky bronze?

>tfw the SK Women's team gimped themselves by including North Korean women

There is a weird curling fandom here. Maybe because it sembles bocce.

kek

there’s a weird curling fandom everywhere

youtube.com/watch?v=EwJvkrU0Bh0

how do they decide who's top and who's bottom :^)

Final version 100% autistic
Can't believe I spent 15 minutes doing this shit

J'apprécie votre dévouement, mon ami.

It's not just the cheating. I assume many athletes from many countries are doping. It's the fact that Russia's doping program was systemic, seemingly imposed by their government, and went to ridiculous lengths to hide the doping. It's not just some random athletes finding nefarious doctors who will give them steroids.

It's not like the U.S. has been making a lot of friends lately. It was an international committee that wanted Russia banned.

this

What is the winter Olympics version of the 50km race walk?

I have a big parlay with Norway winning the most gold medal, they can win the most medals too but it might be tough.

Will watch sports where french can wins because i'm a fag

cross-country skiing is probably the closest to deathmarch, specifically the Men's 50km Mass Start Classic event. basically deathski

France swept Gold, Silver, and Bronze in Men's Ski Cross in Sochi. so you probably are gonna want to watch that.

espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/22186039/russia-says-viktor-ahn-top-athletes-barred-pyeongchang

>Ahn Hyun-soo, hugely successful Korean short-track speed skater
>has a falling-out with the Korean short-track federation
>moves to Russia, changes his name to Viktor An, competes for Russia in the 2014 Olympics
>Russian doping scandal happens
>now he is barred from the 2018 Olympics in his home country

KEK

>tfw Czech hockey team could have had Jaromir Jagr if he had left the Calgary Flames earlier

what the fuck, he's still playing? isn't he like 60?

he got waived by the Flames and now he is gonna play in a Czech league.

future Hockey Hall of Famer, no doubt, but if I was him I would have gone out with a bang at the Olympics instead of a futile attempt to try to stay in the NHL.

>ywn be an Olympian athlete that wins a gold and becomes a hometown hero while smashing foreign qts at the Olympic village

plus, this Olympics would have been the perfect time for him, since there is no current NHL players in it, and its all former NHL players or guys that haven't made the NHL yet.

i will be watching Hockey, Ski/Snowboard related and Slede/Bobsledge and speed skating

if a Korean is going to win at home and smash pussy, their Short Track Speed Skating team has the best chance. South Korea has had the most success in the Olympics at Short Track out of any nation.

my favorites are Ice Hockey and Snowboard Cross, but almost all the sports in the Winter Olympics are good or at least decent.

>except Curling and Figure Skating, shit tier

you like snowboard halfpipe?

yeah but I like Snowboard Cross better because its a race

ice hockey > fast racing sports > trick sports >>> slow racing sports >>>>> curling and figure skating

viktor an's past it desu

Pyeongchang was gonna be his last Olympics before he retired, but he got caught in the crossfire of the Russian doping scandal. I don't think he, personally, doped though.

but he had a choice to become American or Russian to continue his career, but he chose Russia and now he doesn't get to compete in his homeland's Olympics.

Curling>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Figure Skating

Seriously why Figure Skating is on olypics but Speed skiing or even that sport with the doddgus?

>but Speed skiing or even that sport with the doddgus isnt?

Fixed

so you would say doggo is a athlete?

>speed skiing
there's already too much skiing events in the winter olympics.
>11 kinds of downhill skiing
>10 kinds of freestyle skiing
>4 kinds of ski jumping
>3 kinds of ski jumping combined with cross country skiing
>12 kinds of cross country skiing
>11 kinds of cross country skiing with guns

>dog sledding
they should give the dogs the medals, just like in summer olympic equestrian they should give the horses the medals. the humans just tell the animals what to do.

>animals do all the work
>human slavedriver gets all the credit
it's not fair

find a way to get CBC coverage. For Sochi they had online HD streams of every event, in its entirety, with split screen capability as well. It was glorious.

I am gonna find and watch a stream of any and every Olympic event that is on at a reasonable hour and there is nothing NBC can do to stop me

been watching some of the olympics youtube stuff to get hype for the games. they have some pretty good stuff on their channel tbqh.

>except for the series they did where """pro""" gamers meet up with actual athletes and they try to get the gamers to do real sports instead of e"""sports"""

>tfw comfy early morning olympics

>more golds than canada
Please let it happen.

Watched it live, good memories desu

I for one can't wait for webm threads.

>hundreds of women in spandex

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Winter_Olympics_medal_table

never4getti

youtu.be/yyP-jq9RoA4

if they invented mixed bobsled I would compete

what about mixed doubles luge?
>girl on top

what about mixed doubles luge?
>going down the slide with a girl laying on you

What's your country wearing lads

I don't even know what that shit is desu, looks like they combined two different pensioner's wardrobes.

>America
>white

and these are the closing ceremony uniforms

>0 gold in cross country and Biathlon
Stop reminding me please

Looks like Germany should be pushovers this year, they're only sending their D teams.

The event jackets make them look like twice divorced once widowed aunts

what the fuck is that
>not even wearing the colors of your flag

Forgot pic

wew

this bland shit

america got the right idea

our uniforms have always been utter shit, I guess the designers are just retarded "you just don't GET IT" girlies.

Team USA hockey jerseys

Ralph Lauren always comes through. Last time somebody else did them was Roots in 2002 and those were pretty boring.

>muhdidas
2street4me, I wonder if they're also paired with Yeezy Boosts.

also this

I'd be interested in a Tommy Hilfiger olympic collection, but Polo RL looks beautiful too

the "cowboy" gloves on the opening ceremony uniforms are a little cheesy, but other than that its good

Oh man, I forgot what they wore to Sochi so I looked it up...from one extreme to another.

you other countries need to step your game up

wew lad
it's like they were thinking
>the Sochi uniforms were way too bright colored
>this time we have to have no bright colors at all"