Why are fans, especially on the younger side, so apologetic to Patriots and their cheating from '07...

Why are fans, especially on the younger side, so apologetic to Patriots and their cheating from '07? No one has any idea what those tapes had

Other urls found in this thread:

media.phillyvoice.com/media/images/Eagles_popular.width-704.png
youtube.com/watch?v=csZusmtNzRw#t=37s
youtube.com/watch?v=wwxXsEltyas
cbssports.com/nfl/news/judge-tom-bradys-defense-for-destroying-phone-makes-no-sense/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Deflategate followed by the NFL sweeping Manning's HGH story under the rug

The NFL has been doing its best to try and stop the Patriots, because the same team winning over and over hurts their merchandise.

the HGH story was headline news, that's the opposite of it being swept under the rug. And if it were swept under the rug as you suggest, then it wouldn't have any wide impact on how people think about the 07 scandal.

obvious patsfag

Manning was never punished nor prosecuted the way Brady was despite ACTUALLY breaking the rules.

Also, spygate is literally nothing. Watching film would've gotten the same results. The Pats didn't cheat.

Because they didn't win it in 07 and when they did win it the rule wasn't on the books yet, so it's an irrelevant "scandal" that nobody actually cares about but crybabies who needs a crutch for their own team's failures.

The media saw the tapes you idiots, it's literally fake news

many personnel even jets agree it was just coach talk , plays being talked about in depth and certain player weaknesses at the time

I'm not a pats fag but the facts are every team did this but the pats just did it in a more unsubtle way

in a way they were stupid enough to get caught

curious if you know the rules

Fake news to try to take whitey down

>Tom "I regularly destroy my cell phone during investigations" Brady

PATS BROS: ignore this shit, do not post, these are just massive butt hurt faggots.

People like winners and don't really give a fuck about how they win.

I just want us to stop adding gate to the end of every scandal, it's fucking retarded.

Do you not know what this thread's about?

Because it was an overblown farce and I don’t consider the Pats to be cheaters.

Because any reasonable person does not look at 17 years of unprecedented success, the greatest QB of all time, and the greatest coach of all time and think:
"Clearly, this is all the result of taping a Super Bowl walkthrough 17 years ago."

Nor do reasonable people look at the 40 year old MVP of the league, who won 2 Superbowls in the last 3 years, who has made it to EIGHT straight AFC championship games, who at age 39 set the NFL single-season record for TD:INT ratio, and thinks:
"Clearly this is all because at some impossible to pinpoint moment in his career he was 'more likely than not generally aware' that the air pressure in his footballs had been tampered with.

These "scandals" are not responsible for any of their success and are blown way out of proportion by salty, half retarded, NFL fans.
And while I'm on that subject, NFL fans are without a doubt, the dumbest, most awful fanbase of the American sports. Every hillbilly cretin loves professional football. Look at all the boos and the virulent responses to the anthem protests. I like watching football, but I understand the majority of their audience are mouth breathing Trump voters. That is why these "scandals" by the Patriots draw so much ire, because the emotionally stunted trailer park trash always wants a bad guy to root against, just like in their WWE, or else they get confused.

t. virgin urbanite

>t. Patriot hating Argentine

How does it feel to be consistently so wrong? Where does your hate from the Pats come from? Is it because they've got a higher percentage of white on their team than you do in your God-forsaken country?

Except filming opposing teams 10' from the designated filming location isn't cheating. It's against the rules, but so is PI. You don't call every player charged with PI a cheater.

i taped the game on my DVR, i am spygate now

>letting anyone see your private messages

way better to let the team take the heat than have your stuff leaked to the media

>their cheating
>no one has any idea what those tapes had

How do you know they cheated if you haven't seen the footage? Another theory might be there was literally nothing there. Maybe the only way the NFL could justify their possibly bullshit investigation is by destroying them and leaving conspiracy theorists to their own devices. Either way, both sides are motivated by their beliefs and not actual facts as the NFL destroyed them.

Pretty much this. Oversaturation killed any belief of these scandals. Especially this year, where after EVERY SINGLE big Patriots victory, there was whining about refs or it being fixed. Against the fucking Jags. Hell, against the literal fucking Titans. Every year the Pats are in the Super Bowl, in the week of buildup before the game, they always bring in Bitter Nigger #284859 to whine about "muh walkthroughs" and it continues to fall flat.

With these sort of things, the media needs to learn to pace itself. With sketchy organizations like the New York Yankees, there is a corked bat or player caught using steroids every so often, but spread out after several of years or even decades. If you're crying wolf about cheating with the Patriots after every single game, it eventually turns into white noise.

media.phillyvoice.com/media/images/Eagles_popular.width-704.png

we need to move the pats to salem

You're an idiot manning cooperated brady broke his cell phone lol

youtube.com/watch?v=csZusmtNzRw#t=37s

Because they keep winning anyway so at this point people are just waiting for them to retire

>Deflategate
Feel free to keep crying but Brady’s guilt was obvious, if not from the investigation itself then definitely from Brady’s OJ-tier autistic behavior
>HGH
Literally rumors

There is way more evidence that Peyton was using HGH than the Patriots deflated footballs.

HGHgate
>Manning suffers severe neck injury, may never play again
>recovers after a year away
>doesn't just recover, has best statistical season of any quarterback. Ever.
>turns out a bunch of HGH was sent to the Manning house
>"uhhhh... That's for my wife"
>no questions asked.
>next season, knowing he's being watched, Manning cannot use HGH and completely collapses. Literally gets benched. Retires.

Deflategate
>no recorded measurements of the balls before or after
>out of thousands of Brady's text messages, one exists where a guy is called "deflator"
>ideal gas law states it's possible the air pressure could have been reduced simply from the cold air
>evidence is so thin and non-sensical, case is thrown out when tried in an actual court
HERE'S THE MOST IMPORTANT PART:
>Now playing with the most closely monitored footballs in NFL history, Brady wins two more Superbowls. Has a couple of the best seasons of his career. Wins another MVP. Sets all time NFL record for TD:INT ratio. Leads greatest comeback in NFL history.
>in short, there is no noticeable change in Brady's game between playing with balls that are most definitely at the correct pressure and his magical "deflated" ones.

>texts are lost when you destroy a phone

t.Retard

you're a fucking retard, Manning didn't cheat and Brady did, end of story

add Michael Vick and the innumerable cases of domestic abuse and you start getting a pretty good idea of why ratings started to plummet a few years ago

>Also, spygate is literally nothing. Watching film would've gotten the same results.

I guess that makes Bellichick pretty stupid, then.

>b-but they cheated! I don’t have any evidence but they cheated!

>the absolute STATE of this black man, monitoring Sup Forums 24/7 just to try and shit talk Tom Brady and the Patriots

I think he's the same argie who hates messi and loves ronaldo as well, who knows what his game is

>this same argie that's SEETHING over the pats again

can someone check if he's ok?

How can 250 million people be that salty.

They destroyed the taped because they showed absolutely nothing worth losing a 1st round pick, fining the coach $500,000, and embarrassing a franchise over.

The NFL had to destroy the tapes to prevent themselves from looking like they were overreaching while also appeasing the personalities of the 31 other owners.

This. If you go evil yourself but tell people to still see you as good, it forces people to reevaluate the wrongdoing of others you've labeled as evil in the past.

Kinda like learning that Dad beats mom even though he called out your brother for hitting your sister. A logical person either is turned off by the whole situation, or starts to look for reasons why brother could be justified since Dad has his justifications. Either way, Dad is a hypocrite.

Brady got punished for the phone thing. The Shield didn't like that.

see

Yeah. It's funny how people think them destroying the tapes means the Patriots did something worse when it's actually the opposite - they did nothing but the league wanted to punish them.

They filmed regular season games from a stadium where 80,000 pairs of eyes were also present. That's literally all they did. The only difference was that the location from which they filmed wasn't an "approved" location. It had to be enclosed with a roof. The Jets got caught 1 year prior for the same infraction and weren't penalized.

I bet you're the fag that thinks destroying your pc is going to stop the feds from finding CP

both are rumors

Every single American sport, at this very moment, is built on scams designed to maximize profit. At least this is true for NFL, MLB, and NBA. I don't watch hokkei but I'm sure there's PEDs and favoritism/collusion going on there.

what's your dog in this fight m8, other teams were caught on camera breaking that rule, why are you so on about all this drama.

>the pats didn't cheat

t. New Englanders, known cheats

great post

its like complaining about fairness in the WWE

i mean yea if you smash the hard drive to bits what are they gonna do

ask a patriots fan a simple question

>has tom brady ever cheated, even if just once?

if he answers no, call him a liar

if he answers yes, then he admitted he can't be the GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=wwxXsEltyas

Peyton sent two thugs pretending to be cops to the house of the reporter who broke the HGH story to try and intimidate him.

>next season, knowing he's being watched, Manning cannot use HGH and completely collapses. Literally gets benched
Except that wasn't the next season, it was two seasons later after he suffered an injury to his arm at the end of the next season.

wow bill really let himself go

S
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

I guess that makes for two idiots then doesn't it...

ask an argie a simple question
>are you white
if he answers yes, call him a liar
if he answers no, then he admitted his country isnt white

Usually only casual fans call the Patriots cheaters, firstly because they need a big bad villain to root against to make the NFL more interesting to them, and secondly because they have a very limited understanding of the rules.

cbssports.com/nfl/news/judge-tom-bradys-defense-for-destroying-phone-makes-no-sense/
>Judge Barrington Parker wondered why Brady would destroy his cell phone.
>“Why couldn’t the commissioner suspend Brady for that conduct alone?” Parker said, via the Providence Journal. “You have one of the most celebrated players performing in that fashion? Anybody within 100 yards of this proceeding knew that would raise the stakes.”

Cheating is as American as apple pie. People who're sore about the Patriots are just pissed their team didn't do it first.

He destroyed his phone after the investigation agreed he didn't have to turn it over. Also he provided all his texts from the destroyed phone at his appeal. And most importantly, the investigation already had the cellphones, of the "deflators" so any communication he had with them would already be on their phones, and thus in possession of the NFL

The phone was simply a red herring to distract from the fact that the balls weren't deflated any more than the Ideal Gas Law predicted they would be.

nigga they were cheatin in the 03 season

Technically the rule they broke wasn't invented until 2006

But why destroy it at ALL?

Probably because he's famous and doesn't want people to recover what's on his phone?

It doesn't really matter his reasoning, even if it wasn't destroyed, the investigation said they didn't need it to complete their investigation, and he destroyed it weeks after he finished talking to them.

because filming signals isn't a big deal you can literally just look across the field and see them and any team that isn't retarded changes them every week

>b-but but h-her e-mails!!!

Patriots-haters are pathetic

fuckkin 10 year old argument now, innit m8. u still havin it, tippity toppity lol m8.

>The NFL finds that Brady was cheating
>NFL says Brady was being a pain in the ass and not cooperating with investigation
>Brady did not provide requested electronic evidence (phone/emails/texts)
>NFL suspends him for 4 games
>Brady appeals
>Goddell tells Brady to fuck off and upholds suspension
>Brady/Players Union take appeal to Federal Court
>Federal Court sides with Brady
>not b/c he was innocent but because NFL didn't provide "Proper Notice to Brady"
>NFL appeals
>Federal court sides with NFL
>Judge: "the evidence of ball tampering is compelling, if not overwhelming."
I've been using Google trying to find any source that says "He destroyed his phone after the investigation agreed he didn't have to turn it over". It was one of the major things the NFL was bitching about (him destroying the phone). All I can find sources that say *Brady* hired a forensic investigator to look at 2 phones. One phone wasn't active during the relevant time period. The other had missing data between Nov. 6, 2014 and March 5, 2015. There was also a question about the actual search terms used. But he destroyed the phone, so no one will ever know. And the NFL is still butthurt about him destroying something they did need.

But maybe it is just a red herring. Brady probably provided the info they requested. And the NFL just lied/changed their mind. And the Federal court is just biased again Brady.

Because he has candids of the world's most famous super model (and possibly... other women) on his phone and the NFL has already proven they have zero respect for his privacy or zero ability to stop information from leaking.
Remember when those emails Brady sent, saying Peyton was old and washed up, were all over ESPN?
I wouldn't give MY phone to my boss and I'm not dating tabloid-bait.
Plus, they had the phones of the two guys Brady "was in cahoots with", along with transcripts of all of Brady's texts AND he asked the NFL if he could destroy his phone and they gave him the green light.
This phone argument is so dumb. These anti-Brady fags don't have any real evidence, like actual measurements on the balls because, whoops! turns out the NFL didn't measure the balls before the game and the numbers after didn't reveal anything. So instead they fall back on "THEN WHO WAS PHONE!!?!?!?"

>No one has any idea what those tapes had
You realize every other team in the league does the same filming, right? They only got in trouble because they were standing in the wrong section. The tapes have basically the same footage that every other team has.

t. hate the patriots, but this is dumb

Why would he want the media seeing his messages to Giselle's bull?

it wasn't just the wrong location, it was a much closer location. which is a big advantage when you're trying to film people's hands.

>next season, knowing he's being watched, Manning cannot use HGH and completely collapses. Literally gets benched. Retires.
I agree with your overall point, but I'm not sure that's how it works. I'm pretty sure the affects of starting or stopping an HGH regimen wouldn't be that fast.

I'm ok with Vick because he served his prison sentence and seemed honestly remorseful for what he did. It seems fair to say he got in with the wrong type of people, and he's learned a lot since then.

Turns out i was wrong and it took 2 years to fully break down. Though 2015 was a big step back from 2014.

If he was so """great"""""" then why would he need to cheat LOL

>letting anyone nea your phone

Yeah that should make all the dogs he murdered feel better