Why is Excalibur and LOTR the only good fantasy films that exist?

Why is Excalibur and LOTR the only good fantasy films that exist?

What about Conan the Barbarian?

>Mordred

Zack Snyder King Arthur Kino when?

I remember watching this when I was younger and it spooked me so hard. There are scenes when the music swells that it gets spooky af senpai desu

Galadriel's riverdancing for LOTR

*blocks your quest*

Fuck that hanging tree

Don't forget Conan the Barbarian but the reason they are the only good ones is because they are sincere mythological cinema with the budgets, production values, and directorial talent to carry them out. Not a single other fantasy film exists with all of these factors.

>not mention The Hobbit trilogy

What was this lil fella's fuckin problem?

A literal inbred shit. Probably a homosexual as well.

He already "made" that. Snyder's "Excalibur" was 300. Watch it again. It still holds up.

>dat laugh
Unsettling as hell...Scared me stiff when my dad made me watch this as a kid

I guess it makes sense to be a bit sillier when dealing with a sillier source material.

Can't beat the originals though.

wtf is that armour? did they model it off a roided bodybuilder?

Read a book

This. The fantasy genre is a playground for our deeply ingrained archetypes. When you subvert this with strong independent women, ill-fitted minorities and purposeless action it just feels wrong and becomes pointless. People might still say the movie was OK, but it's not gonna hit that sweet spot. You already know how these stories are supposed to go.

Google "muscle cuirass"

What is the significance of his mask, if any?

Shut up.
It looks cool.

There's a lot of old sword and sandal movies that are pretty fun to watch desu

Shut the fuck up Jung there's no such thing as ingrained archetypes.

There will be another Kino soon.

can't wait for his George Washington BioPic

Red Sonja was fine. So that blows a hole in your moronic theory. Cunt

why does he wear the mask?

Conan The Barbarian is a top 5 film of all time.

LotR trilogy is good but overrated to hell and back (only trilogy more overrated than LotR is Nolan Batshit).

Legend, Labrynthe, The Dark Crystal, Ladyhawke, Beastmaster, and Dragonheart are all great fantasy films though. Even Krull is interesting, OP is a giant fucking faggot.

Hes a big king

WIllow

Labyrinth

Pans Labyrinth

kino?

stop being a cunt

What about Grace Jones as Zula?

wondering when someone was going to mention willow

If you like fantasy, I suggest you keep that shit to yourself. I don't mean that in a derogatory way but as a warning. I grew up being really into comics, I grew up liking video games, I grew up liking sci-fi and fantasy. Three out of four of those fucking things now have grown in popularity and all I hear is shit about how they need to be changed for one reason or another to make someone feel included.

The worst thing that could happen to fantasy right now is for a shit load of popular fantasy movies to come out. If you really enjoy fantasy pick up a book keep your mouth shut and pray it doesn't get a movie deal.

For you

>Pans Labyrinth
Get fucked. This sucked enormous cock. Toro is an overrated sack of used spanish tampons

Conan the *Barbarian* not Conan the *Destroyer*.

> Legend
This one might count too. Been a long time since I last saw it though.

Legend - SHIT
Labrynthe - SHIT
The Dark Crystal - SHIT
Ladyhawke - SHIT
Dragonheart - SHIT
Beastmaster - NOT SHIT

Beastmaster is shit, and also, you cannot watch the first one because of animal cruelty. The tiger was literally covered in paint, and it died. Second one is funny though

But dont you dare shit on jimminy hensons, motherfucker. Labyrinth. is. my. shit.

None of these are shit though.
What I think you're confusing is the difference between high-fantasy and fantasy.

this looks terrible and i want to like it.

this sounds like bullshit, like the golden girl in goldfinger

no dude that tiger died. why do you think he just has a normal tiger in the second one? they literally just painted a tiger with some spray-paint, it poisoned it, and the tiger died

i cant watch that movie with a good conscience.

>i cant watch that movie with a good conscience.

You're on a board where a minority worship cannibal holocaust and most of the older exploitation flicks where they murder animals regularly. I respect you for holding onto your morals when surrounded by cunts.

i think even the worst scumbags on Sup Forums arent down with animal cruelty

its like a common trait in antisocial people, i think, that they love animals. obviously, theres some exceptions, but as a whole, i think most people here arent down with poisoning tigers to death

Hitler loved animals

>implying hitler wasnt a good person

>LOTR, not Conan the Barbarian...

Stardust is a great newer fantasy movie. Especially since it had Daredevil and Superman both trying to bang the same girl.

K R U L L
R
U
L
L

>Peter O'Toole
>Robert DeNiro
>Ian McKellen
>Jason Flemyng
>Mark Strong
>Henry Cavill
>Charlie Cox
>Michelle Pfeiffer
>Claire Danes
>Sienna Miller

Fuck, forgot how great the cast was.

>>Henry Cavill
What role did he play?

>>Henry Cavill

yeah he was really good in................ movie?

this. liked it more than the book desu.

is this some racist-assed jesse owens reference?

No, it's truth. He even wanted to set-up his own Aryan Hunting Reserve, which he left up to Goering.

is your point that people who like animals are hitler? or that if you dont like animals, youre worse than hitler? or that hitler was cool because he liked animals?

PICK ONE, BITCH

He was the chad that was dating the girl that Daredevil wanted to marry.

That's pretty cool. Never knew dying your eyebrows could change your entire appearance.

There was no point because I was the one who replied to you, not the one you were replying to.
I think maybe you read too much into things. Not everyone likes animals and not everyone hates them. It doesn't mean a thing. Now your actions towards animals does though.

>"4channers argue hitler is good because he liked animals"

CNNs headline tomorrow

we're right though

He was good in Count of Monte Cristo.

>ctrl f
>at least one Krull mention

>He forgot about Stardust

so did the rest of the world, that movie sucks

Your whore mother sucks.

Harry potter you utter fucking pleb

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU PIECE OF SHIT

THAT FILM WAS TOP TIER KINO

>you cannot watch the first one because of animal cruelty.
You should check out Holy Mountain. You'll really dig the abbreviated history of the americas starring gilla monsters.

/thread

When the first post is the best post.

Conan The Barbarian is, un-ironically, to fantasy what 2001: A Space Odyssey is to science fiction.

Arnold is such a shitshow. Bravo Sup Forums

Harry Potter can't be a great fantasy film because it's one of the dullest franchises in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

SHE(1984) is decent enough fantasy faggotry.

Don't mess around with NORK.

I will never not associate this movie with fingering my ex girlfriend on her basement couch behind her boyfriend's back when she was home from Wellesley on break.

She fucking loved Neil Gaiman.

I couldn't stand any of it.

She was tight as a vice though, and once we figured out how to get it in, she couldn't get enough of my cock, and we ended up having sexual chemistry that to this day rivals anything I've had with any other woman since.

So I tolerated the Neil Gaiman stupidity because I genuinely enjoyed any opportunity to play the "what face/noise can I make Emily make tonight" game. That, honestly, never got old. Those were the days, such simpler times.

I would rather see his George Washington crossing the Delaware river Civil War Kino.

I'm flattered.

But seriously, people far more qualified than I have begun to re-evaluate Conan as a piece of high art, a masterwork of visual storytelling.

It is literally kino in it's purest form, and you're a fucking pleb if you don't see it.

Found the autist they are all great no matter how many times you post your shitpost

We need a Berserk movie.

It's shitty go watch pacific rim again and michael bay.

This

this

was it unironic legit kino?

Destroyer is a solid fantasy adventure movie though. Also, Wilt Chamberlain looked fucking awesome.

Speaking of which, how come black guys were so much more awesome in the 70s/80s? They didn't look or act like dindus, but were instead actually dignified and proper badasses?

Warcraft was fun, or at least a lot better than most recent "fantasy" movies.

dragonheart you plebs

>Three out of four of those fucking things now have grown in popularity and all I hear is shit about how they need to be changed for one reason or another to make someone feel included.

dubs of truth

your moral dilemma won't bring the tiger back

the acting is pretty fucking hammed up for most of the movie, and the story/pacing gets pretty jumbled in the second act.

but it looks fucking beautiful and is pretty damn faithful to the source material

golden period between the civil rights movement and the crack epidemic

Love both the films

The Neverending Story, Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Labyrinth are the only fantasy films anybody needs.

Oh shit that was a good one. That final battle was so climactic.

I had a lot of fun as a kid, so it was ok.

It's capeshit meets fantasy, but I think Hellboy should still count.

You think he fucked her?
Not that it has anything to do with the whole "BLACKED" meme. Just because it's Wilt THE STILT fucking Chamberlain.