Are they really compatible?

Are they really compatible?

Attached: not compatible.png (782x477, 364K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_riamLAbuTQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtu.be/_riamLAbuTQ

Consider the following ^^^

"You must not think, from what I say, that I am opposed to slavery. No! The negro is damned, and is to serve his master till God chooses to remove the curse of Ham." - Prophet Brigham Young, New York Herald, May 4, 1855, as cited in Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought, Spring 1973, p. 56

There is very little difference. BOM was made up by one man over a short time, bible by many men over centuries.

If you watch that rather concise video posted in the first response, I think you'll find they are quite different. They are very incompatible and they are anything but interchangeable.

Read them both and figure it out for yourself. The book of Mormon isn't that long at all

based

I have a copy of it that my grandfather's brother had owned. I also have 7 Bibles (No, I'm not a crazy Bible hoarder. There is a story for how I acquired each one. One is my great grandfather's he received in the military, etc.) They are quite different with regards to what they teach really about everything. They teach that God (the Father of Christ) was a man who ascended to god-hood. I can't recall at the moment, but is that not what Jehovah's Witness also believe? They are another group that is way off and incompatible with Christianity.

Yes OP, absolutely. If you can believe either one of them then you can easily believe them both, or just about anything at all.

What kind of actual LDS animation would call the church "mormon" over and over? Bullshit. Repent, see a bishop, and get temple worthy you philistine. Conservative, loyal, and submissive white wives from Utah named Mckenlie await you.

Where does it say that in the book of Mormon? Are you referring to the doctrine and covenants?

Oh it's based alright. Based on Mormon beliefs. The Mormon "church" leaders pretty much all agreed that blacks were lesser people. You can find numerous quotes by them all expressing that blacks were inherently lost souls. They believed that the black skin they wear is the result of a curse placed upon them by God for being sons of Cain.

They also called Christ "the Mormon Jesus" as a means to separate and make distinction between the Mormon VERSION of Christ to the actual Biblical Christ. They did it with intention.

No

No 21st century active members in a first world country believe Christ is anything but the same exact person as in the New Testament, appearing in the Americas to show them his sick new piercings - same body as the jew.

sure. both are the absurdist fantasies.

You missed my point that they are both made up.

I know what you were saying user. But you and I have different perspectives on that. I believe in God. And before assumptions are made about me by those in thread:

>No. I was not raised Christian.
>No. I did not go to church growing up.
>No. We never said grace at the dinner table and we never prayed before bed.
>Before identifying myself with Christianity, I searched into Paganism, Devil worship, and even went a period where I didn't think I believed in anything.
>Most (90%) of my friends growing up were either atheists or lived like they were.
>Family like aunts, uncles and cousins openly reject the Bible and Christianity. Uncle calls it "a book of fairytales and stories". Not unlike the rest of you.

My question is this: If an atheist can come from a family that DID go to church, DID read the Bible, DID pray, then how is it so far out there to believe that a Christian can come from a background of Godlessness? Your story can and does happen in reverse. I'm living proof.

Not at all
Mormons think they can become god
They think god is a human and so is jesus
They think there are infinite gods
They think satan is the savior for freeing us from the rule of god in the garden of eden

Horseshit and bullshit are both shit

Let's just leave it that the locations referenced in the Bible exist, while the book of Gorgonites, er, Mormonites references nonexistent cities. No need for 10 hours of debate!

god is a myth, the bible is fiction and religion is bullshit

the book of mormon is just more fan fiction