Best Buy Thread

Best Buy Thread

Newly turned 18 year-old white male,
About to apply for Best Buy,
What should I know, Is starting pay minimum wage, and what's the work like?

Any advice, stories, etc would be helpful.

Attached: 440px-Best_Buy_logo_2018.svg.png (440x257, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audioholics.com/editorials/best-buy-prognosis-employee
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>what's the work like
depressing

How so?

audioholics.com/editorials/best-buy-prognosis-employee

People still shop at Best buy? Wtf?

be prepared to make doodoo in the street at least a couple times a week

You know when you go into best buy, and you see people working? It's like that.

My favorite thing about that store is when you ask literally any question about anything and the employee is like, "uhh...uhh...hip college kid spend money? T-toyota Prius? Uhh...uhh....beats?"

It's fast food without sweating and smelling like shit. Top tier entry level pot smoking wage slave job

If you have any interest in customer service, then you will be depressed. If you like the idea of being helpful and not overbearing, you will be depressed.

Basically you have to go through a script with every single customer, even the methheads and obvious window shoppers. You have to convince anyone that buys anything that they need to buy $1000 of warranty, accessories, etc. even if its a fucking toaster.

I knew computers very well, but that doesn't matter. It just matters how much you can whore yourself out for them to buy as much as possible. You get no commission or bonus or anything for doing all of this. 95% of customers will want you to go away immediately, but you have to do YY% of the script or get warned.

I looked it up yesterday, it’s actually ranked 74 in the Fortune 500 lmao. They’re doing something right.

Sucks. Worked in the mobile department for a year. Left because they were uptight about everything and my managers were faggots

>managers were faggots
This is 100% true.
The other co-workers are usually pretty awesome because they all don't care like you don't care. Occasionally some slutty hoes working too.

Not sure if they still do it, but they used to have monthly meetings at 6 am on Saturday for everyone. Done by 6:30 am but damn that shit was annoying.

You sound like you're about to enter retail sales for the first time in your life.

You poor bastard.

Fr, I worked at the one in Mount Vernon, NY. Met some of my closest friends now and my hot ass ebony best friend. We all did not give a fuck and only looked forward to the check. We just bullshitted to make it seem like we cared. Fuck Best Buy. Fuck Christopher Masterson and fuck Fabian James. Buncha assholes

>Is starting pay minimum wage
yes

In job interviews it is customary to fall on ones knees and felate the interviewer no matter their polite resistance. Thats why they call it a blow JOB.

Attached: 072636C2-A017-494B-B381-DDD83D554E51.jpg (540x572, 40K)

Show up on time and don't call in sick
Keep that shit up for a year and you're management material

but why would anyone want to be part of best buy management?

They are one of the very few really surprising success stories. They were on a super downward spiral due to the Amazon effect after barely making it out of the 2008 downturn, but miraculously turned it around starting 2012.

Honestly even with hindsight, I still can't figure out how the fuck they did it.

you don't want to buy microSD cards off of amazon. 1/3 of them are fake, even if they're "amazon's choice". i've never had bad luck but the reviews are there. spend the extra 5 bucks and go to best buy.

If you have no other immediate job prospects, it is usually pretty wise to move up as it increases your pay, gets you more experience and marketable skills for a job you actually want, and is a good fallback plan.

You don't want to be the bottom of the rung for five years because you've been "looking for the right opportunity."

So much fake shit on Amazon these days, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up starting Amazon's downfall.

Can't even buy fucking razor refills without risking counterfeits that will tear up your face.

And all the fake Chinese shit have 24059825235 fake 5-star reviews as well.

or you know go to community college and get a job not in dying retail