RED EYE CANCELLED

>Fox News Cancels Red Eye
archive.is/7EjPi

Red Eye the TV show has outlived Red Eye the newspaper, by a couple months.

The overnight news/comedy show on Fox News has been canceled, TVNewser has learned, with the final show airing this Friday night at 3 a.m.

Host Tom Shillue and co-host Andy Levy are expected to stay on with Fox News.

Red Eye, with host Greg Gutfeld, launched in 2007. A few weeks into its run, the Chicago Tribune filed a federal trademark infringement suit against Fox News. Since 2002, Tribune published a free newspaper called Red Eye. Tribune also gave Red Eye a website and programming on its regional cable news channel CLTV. But a judge denied Tribune’s argument in April, 2007 and both Red Eyes continued for 10 years.

The free daily, which was meant for Chicago commuters, folded last month. So the TV show, which survived an infringement suit, an overnight timeslot, and a host change, survived the newspaper by two months.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Eye_(TV_series)#Ratings
youtu.be/dp758lSMKd0?t=77
youtu.be/tPCu_h-Lhm4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_sF9-E4EGI&list=LLwBdp-sM_1gbhosQWk5Plnw&index=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody besides middle aged white guys care.

Sucks for Anthony Cumia

A lot of people I like did that show.

I never watched it.

Who do you think makes up this site?
Fat nigger women?

>conservative """""comedy"""""

>Be antagonistic against people in arts
>Cut funding
>Call them coast elites
>Republicans always making comically evil moves like trying to get rid of senate ethics laws on their 1st day in office
>Don't understand why there are no good conservative comedians
Muh reeéeeeee market

Lou Dobbs > Judge Jeanine >>>> Tucker Carlson >>>>>>> Bill O'Reilly = Sean Hannity >>>>>> Greg Gutfeld

What

rip

Fuck Greg Gutfield

>screenshot news thread about something I've never heard of in my life

sage

I stopped watching after Gutfeld left. What's the point?

Aw, poor Ben Kissel :(

This desu.

Shillue>>>>>>>Cuckfeld

16-28 y.o. white teens

Stephen Crowder is fucking hilarious and more funny than any leftist alive

Funny, I've got a sudden craving for milk all of the sudden. Haha.

Fuck, I wanted to see more Nick Mullen.

Good, that show seriously sucked.

The hosts of this show were always wildly unfunny to an almost absurd degree where I thought maybe it was a parody.

This show had a lot of good comics on but really who the fuck was this show aimed at being on at that hour of course it'd die.

red eye was actually funny

Post some of his best work pls. Never seen him

>3am

wtf

is there another show on earth that had that time slot? (not counting re runs)

Pretty much, Schulz left and gutfled stopped giving a shit. And Kennedy is essentially redeye with a host that gives a shit. Really sorry for shillue but no one watched in years.

>10 year run
not bad

Gutfield's daytime show isn't funny but the woman on it makes my dick hard

Good thing based Ben Kissel jumped ship to do podcasts full-time a while back

Greg's version of the show was masterful in the earlier years, absurdist without being insulting. Now it's just another Fox News panel show with political analysts. Not a huge loss at this point.

Kewlservative tweens expressing rebellious individualism in the most cringe-inducing validation-starved manner

>/ourgav/ quits
>show cancelled

paul
fucking
mecurio

that sounds pretty kewl

I like him on Last Podcast on the Left, it's the others that I find insufferable. It's weird because he is a political commentator, yet seems to rarely try to bring them up on TLPOTL.

I wouldn't be surprised if you told me that not a single tween has ever watched a second of the show or ever heard of it.

haha lol

Average Fox News viewer's age is 68. Looks like about half of Red Eye viewers were under the age of 54. So the other half is old men, probably not that far from Fox News average overall.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Eye_(TV_series)#Ratings

This show was literally a grumpy grandpa show.

Ben is pretty good because he reads the mood and plans out his jokes. Henry is a wildcard that needs someone like Ben to bounce ideas off of, otherwise he'll shoot nothing but duds. Marcus isn't as quick on his feet as the others but his constant stream of genuine laughter is endearing and it also pumps up his cohosts.

I had totally forgotten about him. That was the sad thing about Greg leaving. It wasn't that Tom was a worse host, he just didn't seem to be able to bring in great guests like Greg could.

Did he actually quit red eye? I was wondering why he wasn't on as much lately.

>not being able to fund your art without the government
It's probably not worth looking at tbqh

Stop watching TV

The show had been in zombie mode since Greg left, but really when Bill was fired was when the show really went downhill

Good riddance

>breaking news old people watch the news
whoa

i stopped watching when bill schulz either quit or was fired. seems like it really went down hill fast especially after greg finally left. alot of their best guests just stopped being invited back i guess

It had definitely gone down hill over the past few years. Starting more when Bill left than Greg left. But I don't think it was ever "bad" until the last few months. They seemed to have completely ran out of guests. It was the same damn people on the show every week. Still I'll miss it. It'll leave a bigger whole than any when any other show I've watched ended, since I watched it 5 times a week instead of one. That's a pretty big constant gone from my life.

Shockingly fat old fucks who can't take a joke didn't like a late night comedy show, who could've guessed that.

Now who will Colbert steal from?

Greg's rotation of guests were amazing for a couple of years

It was just Trump/liberal roundtables the past year with a bunch of analysts/commentators. Nothing special about it.

It was on for a decade

>quits

Was fired m8

I had an anxious breakdown about six years ago and would watch this to help pass the time through the night when I was at rock bottom. God fucking bless Greg/Andy/Bill/Mike Baker.

>that fucking triangle head

>hack joe matrese is on
>gets cancelled immediately after

Just throwing this out there, but if anyone wants to put this final week's episodes up on TPB that would be awesome. The youtube rippers have been pretty inconsistent lately, and I don't want to miss the end of the show.

This isn't reddit user

the blonde with glasses was pretty qt and funny

youtu.be/dp758lSMKd0?t=77
Gavin was funny

That tattooed guy looks gay as fuck

He is super gay

>>he watches fauxnews

he showed his literal butthole once on his program sooo

And shoved a dildo up his ass

holy shit watching tom shillue try to host is actually physically painful. it's like his teleprompter is set to a really slow setting and every third line is followed by "your mom is gonna die in her sleep if you don't reply to this" in parenthesis.

youtu.be/tPCu_h-Lhm4 Still one of my all time favorite moments from the show

lmao I wish that was on red eye

republican comedy is an oxymoron

I really liked Red Eye back when it first started. Once Schultz left I didn't watch it as much, however. But there was a genuine quality in it before, IMO. When it was Greg, Bill, the talking paper, and Brockie as the intergalactic news correspondent, it just worked. And being on randomly at 3am on Fox News back then was just frankly bizarre.

Anyway, despite the fall off of quality, I still am sad to see it go. I liked that they'd have Dave Smith, Rich Vos, etc on, as well as various interesting people from a different number of things you'd have never heard of otherwise.

Nick Dipaolo and Colin Quinn are the only good standups around right now. Try again, faggot.

I expected the show with Greg and Bill to be copied by some other network at some point (absurdist kind of interviews that weren't as flat-out retarded as Eric Andre), but it seems like it's been lost to time.

Like democrat logic

>when you are the favored candidate in the easiest presidential race in american history with every popular and successful active stand-up comedian on your side and you still lose the satire war and the presidency to a bunch of losers posting cartoon frogs and the guy who shaved Vince McMahon's head

pretty much this

It must be sad being this out of touch

That's what I thought, poor Ben.
Now he's going to be extra moody

Marcus is a cry baby ego maniac aping off his friends' success, and they know it.

>when you're such a shitty comic you get a late night talk show cancelled

Fuuuck Yooouu

I used to watch it back in the day with Greg Gutfeld even when I was terribly liberal. Sad day.

why

in Shillue's defense, that is also kind of the joke. he is an awkward, beta guy and at times completely misses the mark, but he is aware of it.

if you watched it enough with Shillue hosting, you'd get used to it and find it to be a charm of him. at least i did anyway, and i hated him at first for the same reason.

Gavin's side of it is basically he realized Fox News was never going to give him his own show or hire him on as a paid contributor.

it's less like him quitting a job, and more like a guy who keeps interviewing for a job and not getting it finally realizing they aren't interested

>Steven Crowder is hilarious

I like him, but fuck no he's not. He has his occasional moments where he's funny but they're not common.

Someone says a joke about a serial killer.

"Well that's nice!"

Another joke about a serial killer done in a funny voice.

"I love it!"

I think we all know who REALLY canceled Red Eye

he's the least gay person on the planet

I mean, he does run pretty much everything and produces all the podcasts

Don't come AT me with that

people kept saying this show was funny so i tried watching it and it came off as bitter conservicucks trying to do a snarky colbert type show but having absolutely zero wit to the jokes

not saying cuckbert was that much better but at least he made the show entertaining sometimes

He was cancer when O&A were roasting Vos' old stuff.

BEN?

Just finished listening to this. Nick fucking killed

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_sF9-E4EGI&list=LLwBdp-sM_1gbhosQWk5Plnw&index=1

Was it basically already over when Greg left?

>it's an anthony episode
>it's a gavin episode
>it's a jimmy episode

confidence is high

The timess they had Oderus Urungus from GWAR over were unironical 10/10 comedy kino

joanne left at the right time
i still miss her though, she was gorgeous

Redeye at 3am did better than CNN at primetime.

This desu
Back in 07/08/09 it was decent. The show wasn't 99% neocon dick sucking and Greg made frequent jokes about sodomising bill in Bryant park. Plus I loved the fluffy mcnutter jokes