*ruins the Olympics*

*ruins the Olympics*

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_sports#Summer_Olympics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah I genuinely feel bad for you guys, even as your athletes win everything. CBC's coverage is always great. just pop up north for a couple weeks

the what now

*ruins everything it touches

Produces unbias and fantastic Olympic coverage for Canadians

>your athletes win everything
nah, skiing is NORWAYWINSLOL
and bobsled and luge are GERMANYWINSLOL

the winter olympics could not possibly be ruined seeing as they are already shit

good stuff. i remember lots of posters here using a proxy or seven to watch the cbc streams.

non-white confirmed

You must be an underager and not have watched the last olympics.

Winter>Summer BECAUSE the US doesn't win everything.

>CBC's coverage is always great.

The last time American Olympic tv coverage was good was the 1976 Montreal summer Olympics, which was all sports all the time. I even saw some Polack win a gold medal in pole vaulting, which would be unheard of today on American tv.

But Canuck Olympic tv coverage has now becomefully Americanized, with most of the programming focusing on lame ass figure skating with innumerable commercials and annoying “social interest” segments about who-the-fuck-cares.

The actual sports programming nowadays, comes in a distant second place.

NBC sports app + Chromecast, you can watch literally every second of every event
>relying on a single OTA channel
Lol what is this Lillehammer '94

>americans will get adverts during the olympics

considering they don't care about these sports and they're not a northern country, yeah, they do ok.
and no, I watched 98, 2002, and 2006 as well. they weren't 1st in any of those lists but they had more than >us in 2 of them and were virtually tied in the other

>any of Russia's medals
>valid
Lol

>considering they don't care about these sports
CORRECTION: sunbelt states don't care about Winter sports

>Britain will forget to pay his TV licence and get beaded as punishment

During the rio Olympics, Huffington post had articles every day about how terrible and homophobic the color commentators were for not focusing solely on gay athletes, for not praising gay athletes for being out of the closet, and in one case, for not praising a newlywed gay athlete whose spouse was in the crowd
I have screenshots as proof, NBC ruined the Olympics tbqh f.am

Are you fucking retarded. The olympics gets live coverage across 7 different tv channels, minimum, and the CBC itself airs every single event live online for free.

>But Canuck Olympic tv coverage has now becomefully Americanized, with most of the programming focusing on lame ass figure skating with innumerable commercials and annoying “social interest” segments about who-the-fuck-cares.
yeah but everybody just ignores that shit. CBC has like 8 livestreams going on their website showing different sports at any given time, and only one of them does the human interest/social media shit

ok prove it.

post bbc semen pipleline

classic Sup Forums thread.

>OP states that NBC is shit
>canadians agree and provide other provider with superior coverage
>dumb burgers come in and blindlessly defend anything burger related
>spic burger enters the fray 'winter sports are shit'
>muh russian doping
>non-white racist shit

all in under 20 posts.

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME
Sup Forums

>leslie jones will be a commentator

I agree that the NBC network coverage is shit, that's why I offered a viable alternative. Not my fault if you took that as me defending them instead of trying to be helpful, dumb shit.

>the absolute shanty town of Russia

>viable alternative
Is this you?>NBC sports app + Chromecast
Too bad this is not viable at all, because you need a cable subscription to access it.

real non-shitpost Olympics thread here:

>waaahh everything I want in life should be free
Dumb Trudeau voter

TV license is genuinely worth it for their Olympic coverage. Literally 10/10
>tfw we get BBC without paying the queen

The Olympic's is the show I'm forced to watch when I'm visiting someone and there is nothing else on.

Pretty sure the BBC aren't showing everything this year lad since Eurosport got the rights. They'll only be showing what got leased back to them, dunno how much that consists of but I doubt it's everything.

I’m talking about regular over-the-air tv coverage.

I haven’t had cable tv for 10 years now, so all those other channels are irrelevant and when I tried looking up on-line viewing last time, it was a retarded cluster fuck.

And since the U.S. went digital for over-the-air broadcast X years ago, I can no longer get CBC Windsor with a rabbit ear antenna here in Detroit.

Just watch Cool Runnings. Its better than anything that'll be in the winter olympics this year

>and when I tried looking up on-line viewing last time, it was a retarded cluster fuck
t. brainlet
millions of canadians who eat nothing but seal fat and have severe CTE from childhood hockey can figure it out

That sucks. I assumed CBC still had an analog broadcast but I see now it got shutdown years ago.

Winter Olympics is a meme. Rich people hobbies are NOT sports. Summer Olympics has better events by a mile.

Sure, because kayaking in man made rapids using million dollar machines to simulate real rapids is surely the sport of poor people.

Boxing, judo, tennis, wrestling, basketball, baseball, track and field, gymnastics, socccer, ect. These are real athletic contests, not meme shit. Winter Olympics is just garbage.

>Rich people hobbies are NOT sports. Summer Olympics has better events by a mile

>what is equestrian

oh ffs

Which summer Olympics sports should be moved to the winter games?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_sports#Summer_Olympics

I’m thinking that basketball, ping-pong and BB gun events need to be moved.

you have to go back
no real Canadian would shit on winter sports, especially ice hockey

> tfw ice hockey was a summer olympic sport in 1920.

I think basketball is the most watched summer event worldwide (as a whole, maybe stuff like 100M final might get more one time views).

so was Korfball

>and bobsled and luge are GERMANYWINSLOL

You know we've actually been quite good in bobsled the past couple Olympics. I think we've might've swept gold on the men's side back in Hongcouver.

The main guy on those teams just passed away not that long ago T_T R.I.P.

>I think basketball is the most watched summer event worldwide

I'm thinking gymnastics and swimming get more viewers.

Gymnastics maybe, I doubt swimming.

Ruins everything and gives you pink eye

nobody watches swimming

>I’m thinking that basketball
You'd lose all of your Northern Hemisphere pro players.

bb gun events just need to be cancelled.
use real guns or fuck off.
in fact, biathlon needs larger caliber rifles again. like they used in the old days. we're talking 7.62 NATO here. I have farts with more recoil than .22LR.

No man, The Koreans (and I think the Chinkbots as well) are supposedly like batshit crazy for short-track speed skating. It's up there with luckswing and divegrass over there.

That's probably the most sought-after ticket(s) there since 2002.

South Korea has the most medals in short-track of any country.

> use real guns or fuck off.

The problem is that most countries are totalitarian CommuNazi nightmares that ban most if not all civilian gun ownership and that means very few have gun ranges capable of handling anything above a .22

maybe they should stop being nogunz faggots then.

>tfw the rest of the world can't handle freedom

Ice hockey is fine, one of the only exciting Winter Olympic events. The rest is garbage.

yep.

Can't wait for the chinese or koreans to be in 1/2/3 position in the finals and have one of them trip and crash into the other two, and some nobody from canada cruises into first from last

>leslie jones will be a commentator
why is that orangutan getting pushed so hard?

Like Horse Dancing!

you can still get cbc over the air for free in bc. you just need a digital antenna.