ITT: we thank Australia for helping lay the foundations of Israel 100 years ago today

ITT: we thank Australia for helping lay the foundations of Israel 100 years ago today

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Front_Line_(2011_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

It's sad how little recognition that battle gets in Australia . Most people think Gallipoli was the extent of Australia's involvement

Australia is basically a relevant irrelevant country

Funny thing is, Gallipoli was really the only sticking point in the entire Middle-Eastern theatre. The rest of it and the North African engagements basically wiped the Turks out and it wasn't until they got to kicking on their door that they fought back effectively, still was the end of the Ottoman empire.

Tbf that's why we remember it

It was the first non-boer war Australia committed troops to and something like half the deployed forces got mowed down by machine guns trying to climb up cliffs

>order some thick aussie gets to charge a fucking vertical cliff face
>they A C T U A L L Y do it

Our press conveniently forgets that the French and English at that campaign cost something like 200,000 casualties, as well as the fact there was only 65,000 ANZAC forces there.

>order a batallion of gooks to charge a hill in the final minutes of the war
>promise to provide air support
>don't provide support
>the madmen charge anyway
>we bomb them and the Norks
>gooks later make a fucking movie about it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Front_Line_(2011_film)

I'm fairly sure Australia suffered the largest proportion of losses from the troops they initially deployed

The French and English were fighting in another area too, when we talk about Gallipoli we talk about Anzac Cove rather than the entire battle

t. Australian Revisionist Society

>our boys died for israel

good goy

If we brought horses to Gallipoli, Constantinople could be Greek again

The English would always send the colony boys off on the suicide missions

>help create israel
>still no isareli gf

um, WTF

move to Caulfield, plenty of qt kikes in inner SE Melbourne

What battle?

Is this about the Palestine and Sinai Campaign?

I haven't met a single jew in my life. I don't think we have many at all in Perth

In both WWI and WWII the UK lost a greater percentage of its pre-war population as combat caualties than the Anglo colonies

World War I
>Australia
1.22%
>Canada
0.87%
>New Zealand
1.58%
>Newfoundland
0.7%
>United Kingdom
2.13%

World War II
>Australia
0.58%
>Canada
0.38%
>Newfoundland
0.03%
>New Zealand
0.72%
>United Kingdom
0.94%

The idea that the Brits used colonials as cannon fodder is just not true. What is true is that Australian, Kiwi, and Canadian soldiers were better and more reliable than most other soldiers and so were often used as shock-troops along some of the worst fronts.

>move to lelbourne

um...no thanks sweetie

Haha Poopeeland BTFO

They mostly live in (((Melbourne)))

(((elsternwick)))

are they thic mizrahi ones or the ugly ashkenazis with hooknoses and no tits?

wtf i hate australia now

t-thanks poo peeland

Battle of Beersheba

Don't know why anyone would even fight over this shithole

At least it supplied some hilarious photos

Why the f*ck are we so good at dying bros

Because you have such advanced armour

>tfw Turks and Krauts got BTFO

my government was mean to you last year
I'm TRULY sorry merchant you are our greatest ally

lol ok

Were the guys who created Israel not rebels in the British mandate though? Those guys in ww1 took the land, they didn't give it away. Zionists took it for themselves during the British Empire decline and were supported by the Americans new world order in doing so

>The idea that the Brits used colonials as cannon fodder is just not true

It's a sentiment due to them fighting on the other side of the world and the top of the command chain being British, not necessarily one coming from losing the most men or any particular futile action.

Almost every town in the country has a war memorial with names of people who went on this adventure to Europe and never came back. In small towns of aus and nz at the time you would be guaranteed to know someone who had a loss and probably on your street. And these colonies had never suffered such a thing before. They barely saw themselves as more than British subjects. So it was a kind of awakening of national consciousness, to have a generation of men go and fight under command of people they saw were actually not totally like them after all, and the aussies found a lot in common with the kiwis in their joint force