So which is better, Sup Forums?

So which is better, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jP4wqq5pNlg
youtube.com/watch?v=Mioevxb2CfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I liked Are you afraid of the dark better but Goosebumps had some pretty decent episodes from time to time. My favorite was the one about the tower... i think it might have been that episode or Back to the future what started with my fascination for time travel.

Also aren't you missing tales from the crypt?

Are You Afraid of the Dark seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 > Goosebumps = Are You Afraid of the Dark seasons 6, 7

Bumps>Are you afraid of the dork

Yeah, I am missing TftC which is the best IMO, but I wanted to make this an explicit AYAOTC/Goosebumps discussion.

A graphic R-rated HBO horror anthology isn't comparable to ones directed toward teens. If you're forgetting anything it's So Weird and Eerie,Indiana

Ayaotd was definitely the scarier show. Goosebumps had the funner stories, and they were just more memorable. Both had great production values and characters. I feel like goosebumps was the better show though.

>Ayaotd was definitely the scarier show

damn you are so wrong it's painful. rewatch and find out

>Eerie, Indiana
That was the shizz

Ghost writer

tales from the crypt is the OG adult version you silly faggots
doesnt really apply here

AYAOTD > Goosebumps

>Ghost writer
it wasnt an anthology motw type show so sorry youre not cool for bringing it up

watched both as a kid, AYAOTD had a few episodes that made me scared of the dark for days afterward, goosebumps did not. the only thing that genuinely scared me from goosebumps were the haunted mask scenes

Yeah, that's why I didn't include it in the OP.

I agree, I always though that AYAOTD was scarier and had better acting, but Goosebumps at times had better spooky themes.

Same thing here
There were some AYAOTD episodes that seriously got to me, and almost no goosebumps ones.
I read all of the goosebump books too, none of them ever really spooked me either.

like this one?

I could never make it past the scary AYAOTD opening. In fact, I always tried to keep tabs of when it came on so I could hurry and flip the channel to Cartoon Network at night.

YOU PROMISED ME, SABRINA!

This episode in particular spooked me right out as a kid.
Badge

>I could never make it past the scary AYAOTD opening

I used to do the same exact thing with The Outer Limits.
I didnt have cable. The Outer Limits would come on immediately after something I would routinely watch, and it would scare the fuck out of me. I would switch it off before I could hear the music. Weird looking back at how much more emotional you would be as a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=jP4wqq5pNlg

Hold onto your anus, this shit is about to get real.

No other show fucks me up more than early Unsolved Mysteries. With the music and the still images, it is nightmarish.

I feel like AYA was better able to present stories that introduce a lurking fear that sticks with you as a kid. Like the Quicksilver (demon comes out of the wall) or the Dead Man's Float (ghost in the pool). And the whole presentation of the midnight society adds another level to that spooky feeling, like it's something you and your friends could do.

>tfw the 90s were the last decade where having your own Midnight Society was feasible
Darn internet

It's not often that I agree with a trip-friend.

>tfw
Sometimes I feel the Internet has done more harm than good.

Maybe it's subtle, but you also always knew that the Goosebumps books were all from one guy, R.L. Stine. With AYA, you don't really know to look for writing credits as a kid, so you assume the other kids just made it all up. Kind of seems more genuine.

That's actually a really good point. Now that you've mentioned that, I can totally see that.

You guys remember this? The episode where a family had gnomes living in the woods behind their house gave me the spooks

With the exception of The Haunted Mask episode which aired first time on Halloween night at 8PM prime time on Fox the show was mostly corny, and meant for very young children.

Are you Afraid of the Dark on the other hand aired on the new teen block called SNIK at 9:30PM so most of the episodes were way darker and still hold up to his day.
Of course the late 90s remake of the show with a different cast was more family friendly and sucked ass for the most part.

Goosebumps was Canadian trash. Outsourced cause the fuckers would do the work cheaper, it just meant they sound like idiots when they speak

AYAOTD. Goosebumps was and is dumb kiddie shit.

AYaTOD was literally done by a Canadian company (Cinar) with all Canadian actors. That said it was better than Goosebumps

nigga jesus christ you are retarded
seen probably a million hours of both shows ayaotd is comfier but every ep is practically the same. goosebumps had a lot of variety.

Tales from the crypt

/thread

Tales from the Darkside's intro scared the absolute shit out of me as a kid. It still gives me the creeps.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mioevxb2CfA