This is the greatest actor of our lifetime and nobody will ever come close for the next century or possibly forever

this is the greatest actor of our lifetime and nobody will ever come close for the next century or possibly forever

what does Sup Forums make of this? how can anyone stop him? whats his endgame? whys he so autistic and hides all the time?

PS: he stars in a fashion movie next

>this is the greatest actor of our lifetime
Nope. Doesn't work enough.
There are actors who put out more consistent performances year after year and meanwhile he's spending time researching and getting into character

>There are actors who put out more consistent performances year after year

who?

quality over quantity

I'm afraid you're incorrect.

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE

sure I like his songs and all, but actor?

Christian Bale, Joaquin Phoenix.

That's not Michael Fassbender

Pacino hasn't given a good performance since the 90s

Nah, both in equal measures. When you do one movie in five years and spend a year getting into character, there's going to be an uptick in quality. When you do five movies in a year and can consistently be lost in completely disparate performances you're an actual actor.

Gary Oldman > Daniel Day-Lewis

kinotastic

>muh method acting

overrated af tbd fan

>bale
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>Phoenix
His performance in the master was amazing so I'll give you that

It is certainly not Daniel Day Lewis.
I do not give a fuck if he won an Oscar for putting a decades worth of effort into method acting.

YOU'RE THE ONE FOR ME, FATTY

DDL best > any actors best

Prove me wrong fag

I bet you also think that Meryl Streep is the greatest actress of our lifetime

Denzel Washington

>Phoenix
>Fassbender
>Gyllenhaal

3 actors that are better than DDL right there

Add Tom Hardy to that list.

Hardy does not belong in the same sentence has four

>whys he so autistic and hides all the time
He is a rich actor and doesn't need to work all the time and he'd rather pick his roles that are interesting to him. Good for him.

Anyway I prefer Gary Oldman and Joaquin Phoenix.

>white actor is best actor
Lolno

He's Jewish

jew is not a race or skin color

Sup Forums doesn't consider Jews to be white

>calls a jew white
>also jew is not a skin color
wow pick your side dumbass

Gary Oldman

He was so great playing Lincoln he forgot to make it remotely interesting

Obviously Leo, but you don't want to trigger those patricians who get all their opinions from RLM

Neither has Day Lewis

Although to be fair that was 3 movies ago

Stop denying the Holocaust

Just finished re-watching Gangs of New York, actually. That's some fine kino.

Hahaha what the fuck are you smoking

Out of my way, you tasteless fiends. Actual proper opinions coming through.

Fuck no

Morrissey biopic when?

I love Morrissey. He's the best.

Can we really call it "acting" when this guy is autistic enough to actually just live like that until it becomes natural?

Wasn't this Brando's big gripe with method acting?

or hopkins'ss

he is pretty consistent. too bad he plays the same character in every movie

All this tells us is you're a middle aged dad that goes on reddit, likes super hero movies and enjoys the films of wes anderson.

Tom Hanks is utter trash.

>Gary Oldman > Daniel Day-Lewis

Lol no fucking chance, and I like Oldman

Ed Harris is that good, even if he isn't as picky about roles. Gary Oldman is on that level. Prime DeNiro is certainly there. There are others, too.

It's more the "one movie every five years" and going to crazy length to stay in character that DDL gets his praise for. Not saying he isn't good, but he isn't some otherworldly talent that no one comes close to. There are other actors that would get the same praise if they were more selective/autistic.

this ... he was only good in Forrest Gump

I cant believe underage fucknuts ITT actually believe bale, fassbender, oldman and dicaprio are better actors than DDL. Like atleast name drop dead legends.

Oldman is much much better. DiCaprio's a better film actor, Day-Lewis is a better stage actor. Bale is below Day-Lewis, but not too far below.

I actually think Joaquin Phoenix is on par with DDL, he just isnt as picky with roles... also he seems to have really unusual and "fragile" personality, im waiting the day he flips out or ODs or something.

And as already stated Oldman and Bale are consistently pulling off great roles aswell, they just arent at the same level. And RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman.

>Philip Seymour Hoffman.
for a moment i had forgotten he's dead

If he's such a great actor then why does he never fucking act?

guys you forgot about me

Hard mode: no actors allowed

PIC RELATED

women do not get hired for their acting abilities

which is why i feel sick every time a whore like J Lawrence cries how she isn't the highest paid actor in the world

Jared Leto's "method" Joker > Every DDL performance

Jewish is a race
Source: I am a Jew

Tilda Swinton

Damn, when's the last time you saw Sam Rockwell in anything.

Geoffrey Rush
Colin Firth
Casey Affleck
Justin Theroux
Michael Shannon
Tom Wilkinson

Wait till this man does Churchill.

Spall could get there, some might say he is.

>Doesn't work enough
this, i can't deny his work but guys like the assbend-her tom hardy and dubsman are more cemented now

how could i forget ralph, shame on me

just fuck right off

I can agree that DDL is the GOAT actor today mainly because of this reason.

But to be honest , performance-wise he hasn't yet surpassed some of Al Pacino's and Robert DeNiro's best work.

idris elba

Sup Forums is made up entirely of shitskin redditor cancer larping as nszis. their opinion is worthless

guy just sit down, relax and put back your dick under your pants. nothing really extreme was said...

You forgot about /ourguy/ Elba.

Why is hanks so ugly?

I watched Moon, Galaxy Quest and 7 Psychopaths with him. Tried Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, too, but it was atrocious.