Is this the greatest zombie film of all time?

Is this the greatest zombie film of all time?
youtube.com/watch?v=ST2H8FWDvEA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rDbMqG0EObM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I watched Weeks in theaters, and the sniper scene where that song plays emotionally blew me away.

It was fucking crazy

No

It's also not a zombie movie. Those people have a plague

It's my favorite zombie film of all time.
>1. 28 Days later
>2. Shawn of the Dead
>3. Dawn of the Dead
>4. Return of the Living Dead
>5. Dawn of the Dead Remake

Started ok, but the part with the rape soldiers and twink rambo was shit, so basically half the movie was garbage.

That was weeks later the sequel, which is still good but has a stupid plot. Also posting best scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=rDbMqG0EObM

This.

from the commentary Boyle didn't know where the story should go. There was a storyboarded alternative where they go to a hospital and hold up there.
I agree the soldier shit was pretty weak, e made the wrong choice.

The other idea was even worse.

How so?

The whole "zombie apocalypse as a social experiment to show man's flaws" thing seems to be way too tempting for writers this century.

Instead of Frank getting gunned down by the military, they are able to capture him alive and take him to the hospital. While they are holding up in the abandon hospital they find a machine that can "cure" a infected via blood transfusion, but doing some makes the donor an infected. Jim is the only person with the same blood type, so they do the procedure and once its done, they leave the hospital with him still tide up to the operation table.

The opening sequences of Days and Weeks are both fantastic. Shame that the other 90% is so lame both times. First movie starts strong but declines steadily until the soldiers show up at which point it becomes unwatchable. Second one isn't really even worth seeing beyond the opening attack scene.

Is this even a question?

What is this photograph from Sup Forums claiming a teaser at SXSW for "28 Years Later" after WW3 in the U.S. where the virus is weaponized?

>28 Years Later
Can't be the worst zombie movie ever made. Can't be good either.

No, that distinction belongs to the original Dawn of the Dead. I saw 28 Days Later exactly one time when it was first released in theatres, and while I enjoyed it, I never had any desire to watch it again.

p...pottery..........

was at sxsw, didn't happen

top 5?
definitely

#1?
goes to pic related

I'd agree with that. It was at least one of the best modern zombie movies post 2000.

None of this slow, lumbering zombie BS. The zombies in 28DL were fast as fuck.

Also, I thought the shit with the soldiers getting all rapey was pretty accurate to how young men would act in that situation.

fast zombies>slow zombies. This movie got it right.

Too bad the characters were utter shit, especially during the second half of the movie during the military intervention. Kinda gave me an independent movie vibe.

Yes. Though why are you posting soundtrack from the sequel which was pretty shit except for the opening scene?

>tfw there will never be a third one

there's a reddit forum waiting for your trenchant wisdom and analysis, user. go there now! they need you!

did anyone else search for a torrent for "28 Years Later", and find half a dozen fakes?

also, Imogen Poots. silly name, but hot.

First half of the movie is great. The scene where they're in the supermarket while Grandaddy plays is probably my favorite scene in any zombie movie.

>That fucking scene

I agree with the thread general. It's pretty much pure horror kino until the Rape Doctor and crew show up, then it's just decent.