How is it that the most patrician comedy of the decade is an hour long youtube video?

How is it that the most patrician comedy of the decade is an hour long youtube video?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NAh9oLs67Cw
fatalfarm.com
youtube.com/watch?v=u981JhkK46o
fuckthelist.blogspot.com/2017/03/07271978-now-where-could-my-pipe-be.html
feralaudio.com/83-fatal-farm-brent-weinbach/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think its funny that this actor was homeless beforehand and also half brother to Drew Barrymore but was never close to her

Timothy went on to tell me there was one particular smoking cat, a boy, from... yes, Indiana, a boy named Ernie Barguckle, who became a thorn in the side of the tobacco companies for a couple of years... He did more than tattle to his parents; he and his family took legal action, and they eventually received a huge settlement payout...

But that name is too similar... Ernie Barguckle...

Jon Arbuckle.

Jim Davis must have used this.

There's more here. Ernie Barguckle spent nearly half of that settlement money on experimental medical procedures to cure his... impotence. He was impotent.

So... he was a smoking cat with a... a metaphorical pipe, that did not work... Are you starting to see the layers here? This is exciting stuff, you start to get a whole picture here, and it informs the work! It's... it's just remarkable.

Jim Davis took these raw ideas, these... pieces, and he transformed them into smart social commentary that is... all so ravishingly beautiful.

I have cried.

I've cried, I've cried... I've cried, cried over this piece. It just... gets in my soul.

I try to explain this to people, I have... the newspaper articles about Ernie Barguckle... People have fought me on this, they don't see it, or they're close-minded, "How could a comic strip about a cat smoking a pipe mean any more than that?"

But it is more... and when I feel spiritual, or start to think existentially, I still see this comic.

The sincerity in his acting and dedication in the writing.
Absolutely phenomenal.

CECI N'EST PAS UN GATAEU

where is my pipe wrench

Because most comedy is post-modernist trash that uses the "everything sucks so why bother putting effort and dedication into anything lol" excuse to cover up their lack of talent and dedication towards everything they do. You may notice how easily it is for people everywhere to go, "who cares?" or "stop doing this, you're a fucking nerd lmao." Apathy and tolerance are the symptoms of a diseased mind.

Lasagnacat in 2017 is the result of an intense amount of effort, passion and talent. Your brain can recognize where there is legitimate talent..

link?

Absolute kino. One of the comfiest things I've ever seen. In a word, mesmerizing.

youtu.be/NAh9oLs67Cw

This is truly the absolute final redpill. I was not prepared for this.

>Lasagnacat in 2017 is the result of an intense amount of effort, passion and talent.
They are an advertisement company, you know that right?
fatalfarm.com

you and I both know that these videos aren't a marketing scheme, the amount of effort put into it is obviously a labor of love.

>when he starts mapping the pipe strip onto Genesis

>think it's tryhard shit
>half an hour in it starts to make an absurd kind of sense

the absurdity of it is what makes it funny, it isn't trying to genuinely convince anyone.

Literally couldn't find my pipe yesterday. What do I do?

babbys first post irony

Do you UNDERSTAND?

Many of you say "oh, but I am not blind. I have never been blind," but when you truly see you will understand just how truly blind you once were to even think it right to say you were not blind!

What does a blind man see??

Blackness
Darkness
Blankness
Black darkness, dark blankness

THE ABSENCE OF THINGS

Quite literally no thing... no things... nothing
nothings

You see nothing and I bring you into the light. A cat has your pipe. You've been blind.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?

The cat has your pipe

You can't fully immerse yourself. You don't have the light!
You don't have the radiance, the radical light, the radically radiant light of truth and truths belonging love and nature of light and loving truthful radiance. So don't be bold and make bold statements I know of you. The cat has your pipe

THE. CAT. HAS. YOUR. PIPE.

Remember that.

Pretty sure lasagna cat is actually post-modern

its post-post-modern

I would interpret it in a more obvious metaphor
John represents you, the reader
The pipe is the joke that you cannot find, you look for it in the place its always been, the comic strip, but its not there
The cat, well, ill leave that up to you

youtube.com/watch?v=u981JhkK46o
better than that trash desu

does anyone know where i could find the full script of this?

legend has it,it was all improv

then where can i find a transcript
also in an interview fatal farm stated they wrote a script. also john did it in one take with a telipropter

delete this

Found it with a quick google search.

fuckthelist.blogspot.com/2017/03/07271978-now-where-could-my-pipe-be.html

Lasagna cat has got to be th some of the greatest projects of the decade, the ammount of time, detail and depth put into calling out a man on his lack of skills is absolutely amazing
What makes me curious tho is, why go to this extend just to shit on Jim Davis? Did he do something to the author or to anyone to deserve this ammount of atustical attention put into?

They even cite their sources.

Jim Davis is a hack. He purely made Garfield to make money and pushed it past it's shelf life.

>implying their magnum opus isn't the four and a half hours of sex survey results

>They even cite their sources.

Lasagna Cat is a blessing.

One hour long, no cuts. It's a master piece.

How does that make him a hack? He set a goal to consistently produce a product for an industry, and he achieved it. Newspaper comics don't call for high art.

Whats this rëddit bullshit?

DELETE THIS

>lasagna cat
>Reddit

Found the redditor trying to fit in.

20 year in the making, absolute kino

sup newfag

not everything you cannot appreciate is reddit

It's a commentary on the type of person Jim Davis is and how absurd his success is. Jim Davis or at least Garfield are easily recognized, so they make an example out of him.

>implying their magnum opus isn't the four and a half hours of sex survey results
INTELLIGENCE TO MEME RATIO IS MUCH LOWER, PIPE ANALYSIS IS BY FAR THE BEST

THE EFFORT IS THERE ON THE 4 HOUR BUT ITS DUMB, THE SHORT AT THE END WAS DECE THOUGH

THE PROJECT AS A WHOLE IS AMAZING THOUGH, THIS JIM DAVIS BULLYING IS TRULY LEGEND

It absolutely is.
Pomo just means 'i hate it' on Sup Forums.

Newspaper comics are supposed to be funny.

>dude elaborate deconstruction of simple thing
this is probably one of the easiest things in comedy to do

The most insane part about the new batch of Lasagna Cat vids was that they begin making them in 2009, and just worked on them every now and then. By 2012, all of the videos were 100% completed (besides the sex survey). They waited FIVE YEARS to release them.

source: feralaudio.com/83-fatal-farm-brent-weinbach/

this, and garfield being unfunny is also the source of all humour of lasagna cat.

DO IT WELL FOR AN HOUR STRAIGHT WITH HIGH PRODUCTION VALUES THEN POST BACK

NOTHING ON YOUTUBE IS REMOTELY NEAR THIS LEVEL

>>JOHN I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE WAY YOU'VE DECORATED THIS ROOM, AS A CAT I AM COLORBLIND AND THIS SENDS ME INTO A RAGE. YOU'VE CREATED A RAGE ROOM FOR ME HERE AND I DONT LIKE IT

>dude oversimplifying the description of the subject
this is probably one of the easiest things in criticism to do