/nfl/ general

Alex Smith traded to and subsequently extended for 4 years by the Redskins aka...
>I'M FINALLY FREE Edition

WAS:Cousins to leave D.C. after Alex Smith trade
KC:Mahomes entrenched as QB1 after Smith trade
KC:Blockbuster: Redskins trade for QB Alex Smith
KC:Chiefs QB Smith: Retirement is 'not close'
MIN:Anthony Barr wants long-term deal with Vikes
JAC:Report: Jaguars 'planning to keep' Bortles
CAR:Ryan Kalil says 2018 will be his final season
IND:Andrew Luck 'very close' to throwing again
TEN:Titans hire Matt LaFleur to run offense
PHI:Sproles 'leaning towards returning' for 2018
FA:Titans hiring DC Dean Pees out of retirement
ARZ:Cardinals OC McCoy expects Fitzgerald to play

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/xEm5g
247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Report-Cleveland-Browns-tried-to-trade-for-Alex-Smith-114437588
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not bad, but why didnt they just commit to Kirk?

FUCKING CHIEFS

pyfw cousins signs to JAX in FA

WHAT THE FUCK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NOW ALL MY COUSINS MEMES ARE RUINED

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

he's a bitch

>Redskins weren't willing to give above average QB above average QB money(See: Dalton, Stafford)
>But they were willing to trade for and extend an older QB that is marginally better

so what's washington's record next year?

>chefs will now go 7-9 the next 3 seasons

pssst....

hey... kid, you wanna have mine?

Seriously, everyone here is watching the SOTU and Bruce and Dan pull this shit

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I guess so..... :(

Raiders

>DOYYYY SMETH IZ ELIDE, Y HE GO TO POOPSKINS???

>play madden franchise mode
>#1 in offense by a wide margin by the end of the season
>#32 in defense by a wide margin by the end of the season

every fuckin time

>>chefs will now go 7-9 the next 3 seasons
Kirk had a huge jew grin every time his contract was mentioned.

Are the Redskins the dumbest franchise in the NFL?

>smeth goes from the chiefs to the redskins

Will the white man ever recover?

defense is stupid anyway

yes

It's perfect. This trade epitomizes the state of DC right now.

Is this one of those rare deals where both the chiefs and redskins lose?

FUCK yes. As a Redskins fan, Cousins was a fucking faggot loser that chokes in the regular season. Can't imagine him in the playoffs. Holy fuck I want Baker Mayfield or Darnold now. Hope we do that transition tag on Cousins and get the 5th pick from the Broncos.

You guys have fans?

Smith

>everyone here is watching the SOTU
lol sure

smith is there for 5 years

Smith

>JAC:Report: Jaguars 'planning to keep' Bortles

Why keep a guy who literally struggled to throw against 8 man boxes?

So this is the power of All-Pro...

Not even close.

Who will da Bills get as a QB? I was betting on the fringe hope that they signed Smeth. I made a bet with my friend that if Taylor is still QB, I would cut "TT" into my leg.

He's probably not guaranteed salary for the last 2, that's how extensions work these days. I'd say it's smart, I'd much rather have a defense and Oline than some choker faggot getting 27million a year for average numbers

>making smith man coverage
Zimmer is dumb

NFL is colluding to keep Cousins under a manageable cap number. He is literally on the brink to change how QBs get paid with the amount of leverage he has so no one will mention interest in him until he lowers his number.

that doesn't make any sense since he's done absolutely fuck all in his career

still though, do you think the skins would ''devellop'' a qb? and that smith would accept that after mahomes?

Oh hai Scott Boras

Kirk hates the Redskins organization. He was not coming back. Everyone knew it in the building this was a stop gap move

Who drafts him, and why is it the New York giants?

Kirk Cousins

Yeah absolutely, Gruden develops QB's like nobody else in the league. Made Dalton look competent for instance. There's no way Smith thinks he can start for another 5 years, but he'll get a few shots at the playoffs with the skins. They're very good already, just had a bad year with injuries. I'd say the defense has potential to be better than the Jags if people stay healthy

>yfw he sets the combine bench press record

Will the Saints make the playoffs next season y/n

Because he is demanding to be paid more than Brees or Rodgers. Paying "good" QBs like they're "elite" is the worst thing a franchise can do. It cripples your ability to win anything more than 8-11 regular season games, because you're entering the postseason trying to beat Rodgers+a team of scrubs with a team of scrubs led by a "good" QB. Kirk Cousins just isn't good enough to drag a shitty team to glory the way Rodgers, Brees, or any truly elite QB can. Ever notice how the Ravens stopped being a Super Bowl contender the instant they gave Flacco that 20m/year contract?

n

I see what you did there. Happy 4th of July

>Hey JPP, High five!

Don't leave us Kirk! :( :( :( :(

SEVENTY MILLION DOLLARS GUARANTEED

here you go dont spend all of them in one place

imgur.com/a/xEm5g

n

Alex Smith demoted from a Chief, now just a regular Redskin.

Third rounder and a player to be named tomorrow

source please

You guys are missing the bigger picture here... this is the end of Smethposting

F

These are all shit except for this one.

Thanks though

I was playing 8-minute quarters, so I was #1 in rush defence every season. Gave up huge passing yards, though.

the redskins have only themselves to blame for the salary getting out of control

the ravens stopped being good because flacco sucks

Is Alex smith elite?

Welcome home to NYJ KIRK!

What's the NFL equivalent of this?

they are better than the performance he will give you in the postseason kek

>I won't get to see Kirk throw out another first pitch at Nats Park

Feels bad man

what is that?

Carr coming back each season.

>Are the Redskins the dumbest franchise
>Not even close
It depends on whether one measures that against potential or against results.

247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Report-Cleveland-Browns-tried-to-trade-for-Alex-Smith-114437588

OH NO NO NO NO

they would have forced him into an early retirement

Do you play on all-madden? The only way I can seem to win on all-madden is by winning every game in a 42-33 running gunfight. The opponent's passing game is just fucking unstoppable, no matter what I try. I once gave myself 3 corners with 99 press, man, and speed, as well as 2 safeties with 99 speed and zone, just to see if i could hold QBs to a reasonable stat line without just running out the clock starting in the first quarter. They just carved right through man coverage, press coverage, blitzes, cover 2, cover 3, just like they would with normal DB's. The only viable strategy I have is to blitz every play like a dumbass and try to force them into a few 3rd and longs a game, then pray they don't just lob it downfield. Even then, I have to score a TD just about every drive to win. And that's pretty doable to me, no matter if I'm playing the 2017 browns or the 2015 broncos.
TL;DR: Same.

>chiefs betting on cousins
hahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>m-muh stats
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

look at this DOOD

>one measures that against potential or against results.
well then I guess that Chargers are the worst

Smith:

>Ute
>Chief
>Redskin

What did he mean by this?

As a Chiefs fan, how worried should I be

what did he mean by this

>giving up the 5th overall pick for cousins
I would personally march into John Elway's car dealerships and burn them to the ground.

Mahomes is going to be the only elite QB in the AFC very soon.

>Smith will wear Rypien's number

he will finish his career with the Seahawks

Korean guy who fell asleep on train tracks and lost his legs, then snuck out of North Korea because even Asians cant tell other Asians apart, even when they got less legs than Lt. Dan

kek

Hahaha little bitch, nothing you can do about it. Elway is desperate and Brucey Allen is making him beg for Cousins

Whats the justification?? Redskins don't want to pay the qb that proved 2 years straight he's a franchise qb?? Smith is a worse qb as well, why would they approve this

Cousins to Minnesota would be a great deal for the vikings

>an average QB wears the number of another average QB

kirk cousins is a meme qb that only puts up good stats by passing quick balls in garbage time after he has already choked the game away with retarded ints or throwing into triple coverage. moreover, he cannot put the ball into the endzone if he is in the redzone

good fucking luck queefs

>5th best qbr in the league
it means NOTHING

leave mahones to me

oh my god.

>As a Chiefs fan, how

>90s april
good taste

hes not going to KC you fucking moron

>Average QB wearing the number of a Super bowl MVP

Chiefs traded Smeth to Redskins
Chiefs will start Mahomes next year
Redskins will not resign Cousins and he will be a free agent

Can't tell if you're retarded, or just an Australian using a proxy. But the chiefs didn't trade for Cousins. He's still on the redskins roster.

Pryor going to the chiefs as part of the deal. Cap it

Reposting from what I said earlier..
>The whole Smith trade enrages me. Here's why. Smith had his best career season in 2017, he was a lock to start for at least one more season based off the hard stats, yet losing a playoff game that wasn't entirely his fault at all is somehow the last straw 2 weeks later he requests to Chiefs management that he wants to stay for at least one more year, pretty reasonable based off the effort he gives to this team's on field performance, right? One week later, Smith reiterates he wants to be a starter in Kansas City, he's got 1 year left on his contract, and Mahomes may or may not be ready, this could be your last hurrah to go all in before it's too late, especially when a big free agent class for the next season looms on your roster. And now, just before offseason moves can be declared legitimate, the Chiefs forsake their signal caller, and REFUSE to realize that it's not his fucking fault at all, but the fat walrus and his bozo playcalls. We should have fired him 3 weeks ago, now, we're stuck with his terrible clock management and our retarded defensive coordinator, minus the offensive coordinator that had playcalling in Weeks 14-17 to head coach Chicago. The Chiefs have just committed organizational unprofessionalism right here. They may have lost a fan.

Joe Flacco is also a super bowl MVP, is he getting into the hall? no. Same deal with Rypien.