So we are never ever going to see a decent Arthurian film are we?

So we are never ever going to see a decent Arthurian film are we?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SX9y5JPuRHY
youtu.be/GM7PemtGHaw
youtube.com/watch?v=7Ll4qS4anGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe with Idris Elba as Arthur. You have to know by now that Arthur and Lancelot at least were black. Don't even dare whitewash these sacred characters or you'll pay.

In the medieval romances there were three Saracen knights and a Moorish knight in Arthurs court

YO KING ARTHUR BETTER REACH OUT TO BLACK TO NEGOTIATE A NEW PIPELINE FOR PUSSY WE NEED TO GET OUT OF GUNS FAST BEFORE RETALIATION IS ON THE TABLE WE'LL TALK ABOUT IT IN CHURCH LOVE YOU BROTHER

Why does this movie trigger nu male anons so much?

youtube.com/watch?v=SX9y5JPuRHY

Medieval Kino has begun.

John Boorman's Excalibur already happened so it's all good.

JACKIE BOY

hes such a shit actor, they need to stop trying to make him happen

honestly this movie is hype

well Guy Ritchie is pretty cool

Cause they've given Arthur a chad haircut, goatee, and jacket
And it has completely eviscerated the historical Arthur, the medieval Arthur, and the mythical Arthur
It is a new lad Arthur

im sure it will trigger anyone with a brain since it looks like pure shit

On the scale of flop to bankruptcy, how bad is it going to fail?

I suspect it will probably be a moderate success

Becase Arthur looks like the guy who was fucking their crush in highschool and dumped her when she got pregnant. Ritchie has only made kinos so far and this looks decent enough

Did you like Excalibur? Anyone listen to Joseph Campbell's lectures on the Arthurian legends?

youtu.be/GM7PemtGHaw

w2c coat

Saracens and Moors aren't niggers. Never were.

This particular aesthetic is just so shit. It works for Sherlock Holmes but everything about this just feels so wrong. The world doesn't look convincing either it all just looks ass.

Except Moriaen, the moore, was described as black of skin.

This is going to be sons of anarchy with horses and swords instead of bikes and guns. I'll reach out to brown and yellow and see what they think, but I'm guessing it'll be shite.

Who would accept anything less than a complete adaptation of The Once and Future King?

Some of those shots look like the quest for the holy grail, dawg.

when he froze everyone with excalibur was kind of cool that's it

no, this was medieval kino. you're referring to fantasykino

I really like the Clive Owen King Arthur, though
Even though it had its inaccuracies
The cast made it worth it

>So we are never ever going to see a decent Arthurian film are we?

We have a good Arthurian film already in Excalibur, just watch it.

This looks like crap for sure, but I'm certain it will do great at the box office, just like Robin Hood Prince of Thieves with Costner did.

fuck off Reddit

Hundred eyes plays himself again I see

Looks fun

clive owen is kino though

We are never ever going to see a decent Arthurian f-

I really dig this comment.

This will be better than Guy fucking Richie's latest pile of shit.

What's with this shitty cosplay armor ?

Ni

JESUS CHRIST GALLAHAD

JAYSUS CHROIST

>sad sacks of shit from /r9k/ once again triggered by Chad

Deal with it fatass.

I would like a comedy with Sir Kay as lead. His sarcastic voice poking fun at medieval romance.

Real armor looks like ass.

Just watch Fate Stay Night

medieval is the worst setting for a movie, no.

ffeets

Arthur is set in the Dark Ages, not the medieval period, which begins with Charlemagne.

Why did they cast a guy who can't pull off an english accent for his life as Arthur?

charlie hunnam is literally english you fucking idiot

Nice joke.

>loved snatch, lock stock, rocknrolla and uncle
>see this
Im so torn right now, i would normally just suck it up and go watch it but this actually looks like pure fucking shit

War movies following Arthur unifying the kingdom

Fellowship of the Ring type adventure movie with Bors Perceval and Galahad on the Grail Quest (lowkey conservative right wing movie)

Action movie with Lancelot

Wizard movie with Merlin and Nimue and Morgan le Fay

Hey this could work

Arthur fought against the English, he would have spoken Latin like other wealthy educated Romano-Britons.

>hes such a shit actor
Where did this meme come from?

have you seen pacific rim

Must be hard being a fucking retard.

Why would you show armor not made anywhere near the actual time period? Is it because you know I'm right, and that 5th century armor looked like cheap shit?

Came here to post this. I'm fucking sick of white washing and historical revision.

Make King Arthur the man who truly drew a sword from a stone by discovering how to smelt iron.

So set the movie ~2,000 years earlier than usual, and in the Balkans or Anatolia instead of Britain?

>expecting historical accuracy from Arthurian myth

pottery

>complaining about movie armor
>notr ealising that this is literally complaining about historical inaccuracy

This is YOUR argument, remember?

It always bothers me when illuminated bibles depict Hebrews in medieval costumes. It's like, can't these fucking monks spend ten minutes on Wikipedia and get their shit together?

That wasn't me dude.
I agree that armor looks like shit though but unless you're going for a 'hard' historical Warlord Chronicles type tale about the 'real' Arthur complaining about anachronistic armor in King Arthur stories is very silly.

No but I watched Sons of Anarchy and he was great in that

REACH OUT TO ME BROTHERS

WE GOTTA GET THIS SWORD OUT OF ROCKS! EVERYTHING I DO, I DO FOR THIS KINGDOM
JESUS CHRIST

It's literally the same thing you dense fucker. A suit of plate steel armor is no more appropriate than a set of plated leather.

I literally don't care.
The armor in this movie looks like Warcraft video game-tier dogshit. This takes far more precedent than the historical accuracy or lack thereof. The aesthetic is just fucking bad, ESPECIALLY compared to Excalibur.

The goofy costume armor is the least of this movie's problems.

>Arguing about armor in a movie
You're all fucking dorks

Of course, but it sure doesn't help, it just means it's not even nice to look at.
Also the fucking elephants from LOTR are in there too. Talk about laziness.

I remember a flick not so long ago

Nothing says "King Arthur" like a giant elephantmonster.

Gay in England = Tough guy in America

For 50 Sades of Grey didn't they end up casting an actor that is actually gay?

Will the sword glow pink?

Yeah, and THAT worked so well. How's that cinematic universe going for you?

PJ straight off of LOTR could've made the ultimate King Arthur movie and wouldn't even have needed to change most of the principle actors or crew.

I was just implying that the armor-debate has been going on for a fucking while

And it's always valid. If your movie is great, a poor choice of armor design can be overlooked. But most movies are mediocre, and for those, poor costume design can often be a real problem.

I agree with you. I am neither of the original anons that started it

i feel you bro, i even loved the sherlock holmes one's. and i fucking like charlie hunman and jude law too, but i just can't see how this is not going to turn into a massive piece of shit.
that's sad

Nothing can surpass this.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Ll4qS4anGo

Out of all the movies I've seen nothing has left the same feeling in the depths of my soul.

>Hack Snyder names Excalibur as one of his top five
>suddenly dumbdumb normies come crawling out the woodwork praising it

REEEEE I bet you'd never even watched it before your hero Zach cited it you goonposting shitbabby

Charlemagne is Viking Age or Dark Age m8.

Fuck off you Marlel cuck
I watched this fucking movie on VHS as a kid and played Hexen on Windows 95 because that was the only video game that I felt came even remotely close to the same tone as the movie

doesnt look cool to kiddies and doing historical research is too hard

No you nonce, his coronation as Western Emperor is the official end of the dark ages and the beginning of the medieval period, and King Arthur lived and died 100 years before. He is the quintessential dark ages figure.

are you saying that pic doesn't look like ass?

Viking Age.

I H A V E
W O R D S
O N M Y
F A C E

>muh buzzwords

Nice try kiddo, but we both know that you've never so much as seen a vhs, let alone watched a movie off of one. Go back to >>>/pissbabby/ where you belong, poseur.

Centuries later than Charlemagne or Arthur you dumb bastard. Read a book.

>Centuries later than Charlemagne
You're fucking retarded.

It looks like a costume, a goofy costume but at least it conveys some thematic information (these are Bad Dudes) rather than looking like a piece of literal human shit, which real armor of the period does.

you have insecurities, go off yourself

>pottery

Inventing pottery would be in the prequel.

>The Viking Age is the period from the late 8th century to the mid-11th century in European history
>King Arthur is a legendary British leader who, according to medieval histories and romances, led the defence of Britain against Saxon invaders in the late 5th and early 6th centuries AD.

See how these are hundreds of years apart?

Sure, and you could call him Crom instead of Arthur.

Charlemagne is centuries before the Viking Age you said you stupid cunt. Fuck off back to Sup Forums and stay there you racist prick.

>HURR

I accept your utterly graceless surrender.