Alex Smith

>free up cap space
>get rid of a QB who obviously doesn't want to be in Washington
>provide a mentor to whatever young QB the Redskins decide to draft in the near future, something none of their previous young QBs ever had
>proven track record of turning around Indian-themed football franchises
>isn't a black meme QB but can still run when he needs to
explain to me how this wasn't a good move by the Redskins without memeing about Donovan McNabb.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u7bEQH_2Zeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>paying a 33 year old game manager $71 million in guaranteed money
yes, good show

kap can do everything he can do better. if you give kap an andy reid offense, a bunch of speedy hybrid backs to dump the ball off to, an elite te and young speedy wideouts, he too can thrive and he's a better runner. the only reason smeth has a job and kap doesn't is because reid had some weird boner for smeth thinking they both got the same bad treatment but guess what? he was wrong. the eagles are better without him and smeth got traded. smeth is gonna be terribad without the weapons and pass protection he had in kc. kap would be cheaper and better. enjoy your comedically stupid not football pol influenced decision, retards.

if hes a game manager 25 our of 32 QBs are game managers

the Chefs will realize that when the new guy fucks up every game

>25 our of 32 QBs are game managers

Yes, that sounds about right. Or more precisely only 7 QBs in the league are above game manager tier and shit tier.

26 TD 5 INT.... traded away

I’m a little shocked that everyone thinks a 2nd year CB who has had 1 amazing season is worth more than a veteran QB. Don’t get me wrong I think Fuller can develop into a good CB but with knee injuries you just never know how they are and right now they got maximum value from him.

if KCs season didn't get pissed away by poor defense and injuries , they could have been in the owl on sunday and the trade would have never happened

they rather take a shot on the new guy and free up cap space, their defense was complete garbage this year, they needed it

I don't understand why they did it either, not that I'm complaining. I took a break from the NFL from around 2008 to last year, and when I got back into it I was surprised to see that he was both still around and doing well. I always knew him as the literally who that the 49ers started because there wasn't anybody else who could do better.

This is just KC being KC

KC won that trade huge. They were 9 million oer the cap, this frees up enough money to sign all their draft picks and keep the rest of the team together.

Smith got a fair shake at it and proved he can't win in the playoffs. It isn't realistic to think he can win in the playoffs now at this juncture, so may as well move to Mahomes.

Redskins win by getting a guy who is probably as good as Cousins and isn't that much older. Cousins can't even win in the regular season so this could be seen as a lateral move at worst.

Well this really all depends one Mahome if KC wins this trade. Alex Smith will be good anywhere he goes it just depends on how far he can go depending on supporting cast. Mahomes is still a gamble but I’m sure Andy Reid can make it work but really depends if this guy can develop quickly because there’s a lot of pressure that team looks like it’s in the Win now mode.

Not even true. Chiefs were never going to win shit with Smith, so no matter what they won this trade.

>Paying that much for a player
It's better if you don't. Just ask Bill Belichick.

>I don't know what market demand for a quarterback is at all
>Thinking KC has any chance with that fucking coaching staff
lol

don't blame Cousins for the redskins failing
or Smith for the chiefs choking in the playoffs
both franchises were doing the same thing before these guys and they'll probably keep doing it next season

Smith wasn't the problem in KC.
The defense and special teams let them down.
He'll do fine at Washington, though their O-line is shittier.

Brady will play for free if it means another owl and the howls of anguish of his enemies

youtube.com/watch?v=u7bEQH_2Zeg

>Andy Reid
>playoffs
They could have had 85 bears defense, they were losing no matter what. If it wasn't the Titans then the Steelers or Patriots would have beat them.

I remember the day Youtube came out, I was living in San Francisco at the time, it was the same day of the 2005 NFL Draft. The day Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers were drafted.

Alex Smith was the #1 overall pick. Round 1, Pick 1. He was the hype. He was the future of the 49ers franchise for the next 20 years.

Aaron Rodgers on the other hand, I remember on Youtube one of the first videos was of him looking nervously at the board as nearly every single team overlooked him, until he ended up being picked 24 in the first round.

At that time, Alex Smith was going to be the next Joe Montana, and Aaron Rodgers was just going to be a good stand in guy they may or may not keep according to if Brett Favre wanted to stay or not.

This was in 2005. You look at what those two guys have accomplished now, Rodgers a Super Bowl winner, MVP, 6x Pro Bowl, TD–INT: 313–78. Then Smith who had 7 years of mediocre seasons, never even been close to a Super Bowl, TD–INT: 183–96.

Anyway at least in my mind, the perception of Alex Smith has always been that he is over hyped, over rated, and he is simply going to let you down.

Also considering the fact that now he has been passed between different teams on the QB carousel, he's not going to be "that guy" for the Redskins. He had a great year being surrounded by great talent, but historically, he is known in the league, as being probably the most mediocre #1 pick of all time.

>49ers had the chance to draft both Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers respectively

can you fuck up harder than this franchise has been doing? at least they got jimmy g now

Every team had the chance to draft them.

Is that possible?? The Chiefs O-line was almost on pace to give up most sacks on a season in 2016; it got "better" but could never hold up in a situation worth a fuck.

the reskins drafted jason campbell

People don’t realize this fuck face literally got benched for a nignog that’s not even in the league anymore. Why pay 71 million to a guy who hasn’t won jack shit

Every team including the patriots passed on Brady at least 5-6 times(with compensation picks sometimes more) before he was picked so saying any organization was incompetent for that is fallacious

The Redskins O-line has two pro bowlers on it. Anyone suggesting it's shit tier is, at best, a drooling mongoloid.

>never even been close to a Super Bowl
He was in overtime in the NFC Championship game.

He was injured and his job was taken over. Harbaugh made the decision but that doesn't mean he wasn't worthy of the spot. Alex would have more than likely won that super bowl Kap lost if he was playing.

They also have the best LT in the NFL

>turned the franchise around
>the furthest the queefs have been recently is the divisional round

HOW YOU LIKE THAT HUH?! HOW YOU LIKE THAT!