Didn't see any Turks in comment, wanted to clear things up

Didn't see any Turks in comment, wanted to clear things up.

Erdogan called everyone out to the streets even though the army warned not to. Azans stating that this is a holy war, second independence war, Islam should be defended have been recited.

Army is very violent in Ankara. Many civilians have been shot (99% Erdogan supporters). Parliament was still under bombardment until 20 minutes ago (couldn't get any info since). Army had captured many important television channels but not all.

Istanbul is a little less violent. Bridges and Ataturk Airport is still under army control. Soldiers do not hesitate to drive over a couple persons who stand in front of tanks (to protest).

Parliament and police stations have been under heavy fire by airforce, mainly in Ankara by helicopters. Some have been shot down. Many soldiers were caught/surrendered in Istanbul.

The coup is mainly by the Air Force and Gendarmarie. Some land forces are strongly against it while many are inbetween. The fight until now has been between the police and coup, therefore small in size. If the land forces choose Erdogan's side it may get ugly, up to a full scale war for a short while. If some of them choose the coup's side, it will most likely succeed in several hours.

I will try to keep this thread up to date. It is not over yet.

Pic related, Parliament.

youtube.com/watch?v=5vObt9TWhEI
People shot live

How much support do the military have?

How much of the military is behind it?

Thanks for the update, roachoco, hope everything is ok where you are.

not even the people or the military/police know the answer to this question

the situation is THAT fluid

I wonder if this will succeed. I have my doubts that it will. It seems like there are enough people now who want an Islamic state to support Erdogan.

Fuck, how did Ataturk manage to secularize the country? I just can't even imagine doing that today.

FIRST FOR FOREST FIRES

Stupid fucks the army has the guns Erdogan for now has the people if the army decides to go all out slaugther mode things could get. Very very ugly.

Soldiers have surrendered the bridge to police.Highly unlikely it will succeed as sunrise means thousands of more Erdogan supporters

I'd say they have around 35-40% of public's support.

Cannot say anything about their power. They are not flying too many aircrafts but several of them have been touring/bombarding Istanbul and Ankara for 6 hours. If that means they have full grip on airspace, that's huge. Their landforces are limited and have lost tanks in Istanbul. Most of army is nowhere near the field right now, this day is either the end or the beginning.

coup will succeed.

Roach, what are your thoughts on a civil war. Neither side wins in the next 48 hours, what then?

Were any of the media killed?

What side do you support?

KEK wills it

demekki bu is hala bitmedi degil mi?

these idiots think it's all over cause CNN Turk keeps looping the same 10 second clips over and over

Is the populace armed enough to make a difference one way or the other?

>Stupid fucks the army has the guns Erdogan for now has the people if the army decides to go all out slaugther mode things could get. Very very ugly.

The fact that some of them were killing civilians in Ankara but we see soldiers and tanks refusing to fire and being swarmed by mobs in Istanbul is a little odd.

I am fine, sonic booms have ruined my sleep once or twice but all good apart from that. Thank you

He couldn't secularize people, he secularized the state. That's why we're here. Not that it's his fault.

Turkey has 5 million Syrians, I bet 100,000 of them are ISIS terrorists/supporters. If a civil war happens hell will break loose and the country will implode. Worse than Syria imho.

Why didn't support for the coup spread among the military more quickly? Is it because Erdogan was able to broadcast his message before television was shut down?

I am not sure what this could bring, but seeing the coup's message live on TV made me hopeful.

Currently coup has a huge disadvantage in that regards, but as I said, most of the army is not mobilized at all. It will never reach 100%, I know that but it is nowhere near it.

What is the situation in Ankara? Also, are any other cities being occupied without media attention?

VERY good Turkey coup thread under /gif/

WARNING *VERY* GRAPHIC

Anyone else think this is now a fight for the very soul of Turkey now. If Erdogan wins there will be purges and he will basically consolidate all the power neuter the military and go full on Islamist dictator using this as an excuse. At this point I feel the coup has to succeed because we are going to be looking at a very different turkey in about 48 hours either way.

>WARNING *VERY* GRAPHIC

Explain.

What percentage of the Turkish armed forces do you think supports the coup, and what percentage is currently actively fighting to bring it about?

Can't stay up much longer. Fight with the coup military, turks. Out on the streets with you and show the rest of the military that you are for the cuop guys. Make my day by removing the bastard erdogan.

As in the webm's contain graphic content. Are you retarded? Just go to the thread and click a few.

dudes full of giant ass bullet holes and squashed up by tanks n shit

Media is showing the soldiers on the bridge giving up and they are calling it a fail.

So what happens now? The military leaves all this heavy equipment and tanks etc, the civilians and terrorists take the equipment and a war breaks out against the police? The rebels join in and civil war starts?

Is Erdogan likely to use Obama's vocal support of his government and its legitimacy? Or is Turkish opinion of Obama so low that its meaningless?

what do you mean?

propaganda.

Why the disparity? Doesn't exactly bode well if the military isn't even on the same page.

You would probably enjoy a book or two about that subject. Why don't you go to amazon and see what is available. Good day to you sir.

No webm support on my tablet, famalamadingdong

>(((CNN)))
Oy vey goyim, we were attacked, and one of our pet roaches was killed. Siiike, Erdogan has actually won, secularists BTFO, only minor disturbances in the capital, nothing to see here

>that one fucker that got smashed by the tank

No, tv was barely shot down. Like for 1 hour at most. This was a huge reason coup has failed so far. Erdogan has been fighting the army for years. He has "cleared" it, prisoned many (the Ergenekon and Balyoz cases) and put his man to important positions. That is why it has been so small. The navy seems pro-coup so far but nothing has been done so far.

Ankara is calmer but still fights are going on. Mugla is also a big conflict zone, especially Marmaris.

I agree but we cannot do anything for it. The army simply has told people to stay away and you'll be lynched in a minute if you gather people to support it. There are 400,000 cops in Turkey (the number was 60,000 before Erdogan) who are his loyal dogs.

I don't think a civil war will happen. If coup fails, Erdogan gains all the sympathy, becomes the democracy hero and advances to presidency. There were many important things about him recently, all those will be forgotten. The syrian refugee issue, him not being a uni graduate thing, PKK thing... All forgotten

So what are the majority of the army waiting for? I would imagine they're mostly mobilized by now and no doubt orders have gone out for action to be taken.

Meaningless.

>There are 400,000 cops in Turkey (the number was 60,000 before Erdogan) who are his loyal dogs.

whew that's a large police state for the size of the country.

400,000 cops? That doesn't sound right...

Why don't the Kurds get into the fight? Don't they hate the government so much?

>between the police and coup

the military here are being way to reluctant/self-restrained

if the cops are opposing you, you go unhinged and mow them the fuck down. If they're surrounding themselves with civilians, welp, you BTFO them too

this coup is so pansy fuck

That's why the MILITARY is out there, to fight for that group of people.

>kill a gorillion citizens
>suddenly entire country thinks you're the bad guys
You don't get these games do you leaf

>There are 400,000 cops in Turkey

i thought the airport has been firmly in government control since before erdogan landed?

>Fuck, how did Ataturk manage to secularize the country?

By force.

He won the war of Independence, when Turkey was occupied, by Greeks, British, French, Italians, Armenians and Kurds. His reputation was Julius Caesar like.

He also removed kebab prolifically.

Man I don't know what the fuck is going on, I hear the coup failed and then I hear they still have control then I hear that it failed and then I hear they have control

Wtf

A bunch of threads show it over and have the army surrendering who do I trust when there is so much disinformation?

So ISIS is about to get a whole lot bigger huh?

i seen worst..

nobody can oppose you if they are all dead

It's time to overthrow the Erdoroach.
Come on Turkey, give us some impressive cinematics.

Two cities, one surrendered, one under heavy fire.
Navy and Air Force are Pro-coup

>if you kill them you lose

He has literally built a state based upon police idiots and brown peasants.

Turks aren't Americans. Historically, they just went along with it when leaders told them to zip it.

This coup needs to succeed.
Pic related. Islamic fundamentalists using turkish flag as prayer mats say it all. It's religion vs secularism right now. Fuck erdogan for using citizens as cannon fodder.

>Rule over a graveyard

>If you have citizens to rule over, you lose

dont you know wtf is propaganda? stupid burger
AR-15 lol

>Soldiers do not hesitate to drive over a couple persons who stand in front of tanks
Fucking good!

From what we've been seeing they were being entirely passive and surrendering. I hope now that they got a taste of it they'll just murder every single pro-Erdogan fuck that so much as peeks his head out the window. Let's. Go. Army.

Sic semper blatte

Can you translate/confirm the authenticity of this tweet?

well, Sup Forums never backs down from making uneducated assumptions:

LAST MINUTE

The army has just made an official announcement on TSK's official website that they're fighting those who resist and told the civilians to stay inside & be safe. It has been publicized half an hour ago and NOT A SINGLE tv channel mentioned it.

LAST MINUTE

If you kill their enemies they win you retard. what part of that dont you udnerstand?

I pray they succeed. Whats the chance

>implying any group of citizens would rebel to the last
At most maybe 10% would be killed they sing a very different tune when the fear of being shot appears.

You don't have the best comprehension skills, do you?

now we know who is controlling media
we shall not believe what they say

it's like 5%
95% of Erdogan becoming the sultan

Godspeed to the army. Rational secularism is counting on you?

probably like 30% be higher if the retards in Istanbul didn't give up like bitches

Any live stream? that's not playing the same footage over and over

>The army simply has told people to stay away and you'll be lynched in a minute if you gather people to support it.

You could use cellphones and the internet to do it. Plenty of people especially in Istanbul want to remove Erdogan as well.

50%
it can happen, but i might not happen

I think I understand the idea of asking the people to go out into the streets to protest. The military having the coupe, they were not interested in hurting civilians, Erdogan knew this. So by asking the people to rally behind him and flood the street, the military was put into a difficult position.

From what I am seeing now, with the military surrendering and laying down arms, possibly against orders. The civilians are picking up the arms and where it goes from there, no one can be sure but I believe it won't be good for anyone in the long run.

Is it possible that the government used civilians as human shields against the military coupe?

Those trips.

TA is going full freedom.

>Plenty of people especially in Istanbul want to remove Erdogan
>they are literally beating soldiers to death as we speak

It's legit

They ordered people to stay in. They disobeyed. They're fair game now.

Had they done this from the start, this would've never gotten out of hand.

is it tsk.tr? it completely stopped loading here, gives a blank

>10% fight and die
>Another 70% flee for fear of being next on the chopping board
>all the smarties leave for Yurop
>rule over a failed state with no GDP, citizenry

Repeating digits and flag confirm. If they make it they'll all be heroes in my book.

>plenty

>Be Turk
>Get strafed

Pro-coup faction 'still fighting'
Posted at 00:27

Reuters is now reporting it has received an emailed statement from a pro-coup faction of the military saying it is "determinedly still fighting".

>thinking they can just leave the country
haha Germany isn't letting that happen

It's obvious that Erdogan was using them as human shields. This is the first time he's been fine with protests. Any other time he would have had them gunned down.

>it won't be good for anyone in the long run.

CNN Turk/Fox Turk are literally sucking on Erdogan's cock as we speak
He will become the sultan he planned to be

COUP STILL ON

DON'T TRUST MEDIA INCLUDING CNN OR ANY AMERICAN BROADCASTERS

>Is it possible that the government used civilians as human shields against the military coupe?
Duh

That's some crazy shit though

Something that would never happen in the west

This is some crazy shit

ninja'd

Don't trust anyone fully, but don't trust those who say it's over. No soldier attempts such a hopeless thing. It's not that simple & not over.

Kurds provide the liberal fag section of our country. "Against coup at all costs" cucks. Many of them are PKK supporters, though. I don't know why they have been so silent. Maybe scared, because no one will give a shit if the army just steam rolls the civilian supporters.

>Is it possible that the government used civilians as human shields against the military coupe?
You fucking think, leaf? Nah, he a good boy. He dindu nuffin. He just wanted them to go out for a nice walk.

They weren't even aiming at civilians there were military police firing rockets in the background at the helicopter and they returned fire at them.

>be turk
>get shot

Is the pope Catholic?

What part of "THE MILITARY ORDERED THE POPULATION TO STAY INSIDE" do you not get? People supporting them will naturally follow their orders.