WOAAAHH, so this is the power of Stephen King!

WOAAAHH, so this is the power of Stephen King!

He complained and bitched for 2 decades about the movie until Kubrick just gave him the rights back so he shuts the fuck up. The real real "balls to the wall horror" plot, supervised by Stephen King himself...its utter shit

>The ghosts who literally stop Jack twice when he is about to murder his wife because "there was no time", yet they spend 5 minutes talking when a single swing of the crocket stick would kill her in 5 seconds.
>The constant reminder that THIS IS A REAL GHOST STORY, UNLIKE THE MOVIE
>The campy as fuck ending in the boiler with Jack fighting 2 stupid ghosts for the valve
>The ghost of Jack coming back for Danny's graduation and to give him a kiss

Kubrick literally took a shit book and made something great from it. God, to believe when I was young I considered Stephen King a decent author. Fucking hack.

Is Doctor Sleep even good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tMZONL8x8NE
youtube.com/watch?v=VKyUn6NRKNo
youtube.com/watch?v=9sGl1LVtszU
youtu.be/hGmSrNtur8I
youtube.com/watch?v=UGHupqE1LCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is Doctor Sleep even good?

No. King hasn't written anything worth reading in a long time.

I had no idea this existed. Is it a TV movie or a real movie? Looks bad from that still alone.

It's really fucking bad. It was a TV movie in the nineties that had a lot press. I bet the ratings were really good too, but it's complete trash.

Maybe he's just a bad director. Ever think of that hothead? Nope, I bet you didn't. You just saw one movie he directed and came on here to bitch about a movie that has the same story as a Stanley FUCKING Kubrick film. Well done, user. Great thread.

Yes, if you are a fan of King in the first place then you should definitely read it. Good story. I am an unashamed King fan.

Pretty sure it did do well in terms of ratings. I'm 90% sure this is what kicked off ABC's King obsession. This, Rose Red, Storm of The Century, and Kingdom Hospital. Storm of the Century was the only thing that was worthwhile.

A miniseries adapted into a tv movie. 4 hours and a half long.

Its hard not to compare it with the Kubrick film. Its unfair to the tv series not only to compare budgets, but to put it against one of the best hollywood directors ever. The series, as a tv series has decent cinematography, good effects, really good acting for the chef nigger and Jack.

But the corny shit brings it down. Kubrick version is much more consise and thight.

Id say its overall a much stronger miniseries than IT, which was carried by Tim Burry talent alone.

King even described himself as the literature equivalent of a big mac and fries

youtube.com/watch?v=tMZONL8x8NE

He didnt direct it you moron. He supervised it and wrote the adaptation.

>It was a TV movie in the nineties that had a lot press.

i feel like there was a slew of King tv-movie adaptations in the late nineties-early aughts

salem's lot, shining, the stand, etc.

The ramake was not as bad as everyone say. I liked the ending better.

YEAR OF THE SPOONY

He can be good, but it's usually when he stays the fuck away from supernatural stuff.

Don't listen to this faggot, he's probably some asshurt GRRM nerd

>the hedges coming to life scene

baka king has absolutely no idea what he is talking about when it comes to film

steven king is the nickleback of authors. he writes so much trash but occasionally something good slips through the cracks. he says that he writes 2,000 words per day minimum, even if he feels uninspired. so King has written entire novels where he's uninspired and just writing for the sake of writing. much like nickleback.

>rating the shining
lol

>pedophile, alcoholic, cocaine addict, violent, liberal

Is Stephen King /ourguy/?

Stephen king please leave

King's a pretty cool guy. No idea where all this autistic rage is coming from.

Doctor sleep is so fucking bad holy shit. He describes older Danny as looking like jax from sons of anarchy

King's a douchebag.

Yes, but an entertaining and self-aware one.

Nickleback isn't anything like King. Nickleback is more like some kind of Patricia Cornwell, Tom Clancy, or Lee Child, that kind of trade paperback where it's just tightly designed to sell a lot of copies, and whether it's good or not, there's going to be another one in 10 months. King would just take shitloads of drugs and write morning until night with no clue where any of it was going until he put it on the page. He has so many random asides and shitty endings because he has no clue where he's going with anything until he's doing it. The guy doesn't even remember writing Cujo. His musical equivalent would be like Phish or Pink Floyd or something.

Are these two the only authors you know? No wonder you like Stephen King shit. I bet you also like Harry Potter.

It's a to movie and - as most things are when Sup Forums says it's the worst thing ever - it's "ok". Despite being close to the book it isn't as good as it doesn't translate jack's mental state.

Download it if you're curious.

Doctor Sleep is good if you like King in any capacity. If you don't then it won't change your opinion but it's a good sequel.

dont forget tommyknockers with jimmy smits and tracy lords and the one where ron perlman goes around saying "Tack" all the time

and of course, the langoliers

>The guy doesn't even remember writing Cujo. His musical equivalent would be like Phish or Pink Floyd or something.

Not to blaspheme Bowie but the dude only remembered were his first grip of albums are recorded because he read it years later in a magazine.

Power of coke, peppers, and black magic.

It had fucking monsters who were shrub creatures right? Man that's dumb.

The only King miniseries worth a shit were The Stand, 'Salem's Lot and IT.

Not to mention heroin. But anyway, I remember reading an article about the making of the Beatles albums, and they had George Martin hanging around while John was fucking Yoko and everybody was blasted on drugs. George Martin was writing arrangements and playing piano on In My Life and writing the strings for Eleanor Rigby and everything.

I guess my point is that musicians like Bowie and the Beatles could get smacked out on drugs and still put out choice records because they had sober(ish) people organizing their efforts in the studio and wrapping it together. Writing is a comparatively solitary effort.

Now, BY GOD, you are going to take your medicine!

have you read 'Revival'? it is his best book since his glory years.

I had no idea this existed. Is it a TV movie or a real movie? Looks bad from that still alone.

A NIGGER?

How did Kingdom Hospital hold up compared to the original by Von Trier?

Mini-Series.
youtube.com/watch?v=VKyUn6NRKNo

youtube.com/watch?v=9sGl1LVtszU

Listen, kid.

I just got out of a liberal shill thread where the fucker actually said "tippity top kekkles".

Who the fuck says something like that? That is the gayest shit I have heard in a fucking week. You motherfuckers know exactly why this board sucks. It is you guys stinking it up with your shilling, and then pretending to be mad at the state of it. Hey, everyone, whenever a liberal shills, just remember they say faggy shit like "tippity top kekkles". It will put things in perspective.

I remember Steven Weber going on like Letterman and talking about this crap and how it was going to be more faithful, blah blah blah.. but when he explained that in the original book it's not an axe, its a croquet mallet, everyone laughed thinking he was joking. He tried really hard to sell it as something scary and cool, and even back at the time no one was buying that shit.

It is pretty ridiculous. Watch the first clip here:

WILL THIS FUCKING DOGSHIT BOARD PLEASE START MENTIONING THE TITLES OF THE MOVIES THEYRE TALKING ABOUT ANYWHERE IN THE FUCKING OP?

inb4 lol dude you havnt heard of this obscure made for tv movie no one but the OP knew about?

Couldn't you fucking figure it our from the words "Stephen King" and "Stanley Kubrick" you utter moron?

DUDE GHOSTS LMAO AND LIKE SOME WEED LIONS DUDE

Stephen King is a fucking hack, everything he has ever written is shit and some of his works are only memorable because they were adapted into movies.

>weendddyyyyyy
>give me the bat
auhauhauhauhauahahu

The Stand or IT kicked off the King obsession. The Stand had a fuckload of recognizable names attached to it.

I used to read King once upon a time. Every Stephen King movie sucks, EXCEPT for Kubrick's Shining. Even his good stuff just seems cheesy as fuck in movie form.

Nice post m8, gave me a right topper kekklin' me old guv'nor!

>Every Stephen King movie sucks

> Carrie
> The Shining
> The Dead Zone
> Cujo
> Christine
> Creepshow
> Stand By Me
> Misery
> Shawshank Redemption

Hell, even lesser ones like Cycle of the Werewolf, Pet Sematary or Night Flier are fun.

>Pet Sematary
>lesser

No sorry you're wrong. They all suck.

It was an unatmospheric adaption to me. I didnt feel a sense of dread.

>getting scared with a book
kek, even then most King books are supernatural dramas, not even horror

He was always shit at filmmaking.

Now I need to watch this crap

Everyone forgets that Salem's Lot was not only a King adaptation but another one that was superior to the book. In the book the vampire is some generic handsome European noble whereas the movie one still fucks people up even today.

WHO MADE WHO
WHO MADE YOU

King is a YA author without realizing it

Great argument pham

glad to see Spooney getting actual roles now

I've wasted hours reading his recent years tile-sized novels where the ending is always underwhelming but I still like the guy. His prologues give you kind of comfortable feeling, especially on those collections with his coke-age short stories. What a nice feeling reading them on long night-time bus journey

Fun tip: 'Salem's Lot is King's favorite book.

This movie was the first time I noticed how stupid monologuing is.

>black guy looting
>arcade game lures him in by flashing lights
>truck with a giant face on
>little kid gets flattened by a steam roller

It's a pretty entertaining film mate

fucking kek

They did a version of Salem's Lot in the 90s-early aughts?

I think it was early 2000s. I liked it more than the earlier adaptation and Rutger Hauer was pretty good as the vampire

HONEY, THE MACHINE IS CALLING ME AN ASSHOLE.

King was off the hook.

>YA

Do what now?

Young Adult

Stephen King was on a LOT of cocaine in the 80s and 90s. I don't think he understood what was going on around him.

>Fun tip: 'Salem's Lot is King's best book.

Fixed that for ya.

This. King is prolific and occasionally churns out good screenplay material by accident.

You think Nickelback puts out good songs occasionally?

>The Stand had a fuckload of recognizable names attached to it.

And it still sucked ass.

>S-H-I-T....that spells King

>Is Doctor Sleep even good?
It wasn't bad per se, it just lacked the tension/closed-in feeling of The Shining.

The villains were dying within about three chapters and they were going up against two extremely powerful psychics in the final battle. Shit you not; Danny kills a horde of vampires by exhaling a cloud of ghost-cancer in their faces and disintegrates them.

>The Stand or IT kicked off the King obsession

Nah, it was 1976's Carrie that did it. Sissy Spacek played the part, and she was loved by everyone. Then Jack Nicholson sealed the deal with The Shining in 1980.

After that, he had a line of chumps willing to buy his shit for their films, regardless of how awful it was.

It helped that he could shit out a hundred cocaine-fueled books a year. Had to start using aliases to publish books cause there was just too much King going around.

>It wasn't bad per se, it just lacked the tension/closed-in feeling of The Shining.

I kept falling asleep when reading a chapter about Danny being in some small town helping some buddy find lost keys or something, until I gave up on it and picked up another book.

King was so much better when he was on coke.

Silver Bullet is fucking terrible. Every other movie you mentioned i like, even love... but Silver Bullet is trash. Should have got Rick Baker on the job. Or better yet Rob Bottom. Or whoever did the effects for "Bad Moon" (pic related, looks just like the Bernie Wrightson illustrations)

>In the book the vampire is some generic handsome European noble

You're right, and it was really weird because in the forward to the edition I read (basic mass market paperback released late 90's, white cover with a woman with dang marks on her neck) he actually talks about how he wanted a classic Nosfurato vampyr type, and wrote the whole thing as an excuse to use one. Clearly Straker (the counts henchman) was inspired by this, but he's just a human, and never even turns into one. Very strange.

Great book, though. Easily one of his best.

Lol. Tippity top kekkles, bro!

Fuck off. This movie is Maximum KINOdrive!

Oh, come on. Silver Bullet is amazing. It has Haim and Busey in it! And Megan Follows! It's classic!

youtu.be/hGmSrNtur8I

are you a member of stephen king book club??

I feel exactly the same.

I think The Stand is the one single great book he ever wrote.

whats the deal with king and having the dads kissing their sons all the time

youtube.com/watch?v=UGHupqE1LCI
will this be kingkino?

Salem's lot seriously wrecked me as kid though.

It's called affection. Your dad never kiss you or something?

Stephen King is possibly the most overrated author of a generation. He is the literary world's Jackson Pollock. It is popular to like him, but no one really appreciates/reads his work because it is mostly uninspired drivel.

Best Stephen King book coming through.