Anime failed

>anime failed
>vidya failed
>YA failed

What's the actual next Hollywood trend after capeshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSmJ5UXtUnk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

idk capeshit's been going strong since Spider-Man came out back in 2002, I don't see it dying down any time soon.

Kaijukino

Then maybe fantasy adaptations will come back when Dune gets released, plus the announced wheel of time and xanth (ugh) movies

YA shit failed so bad that the maze runner and divergent series never finished

disney remakes and more star wars (which is basically capeshit by now), apparently

so disney is the only studio that stays winning

>warcraft failed
It grossed 3 times its budget

basically, when you can afford mass marketing it's really easy

also:
franchise revivals

Disney always wins baby

Live action disney
Reboots of shit nobody even remembers (fucking chips)
Star Wars
Capeshit
Kaiju if we are lucky

Dylan O'Brien got his skull crushed.

Reboots. Fairy Tale shit that 20-something women will throw money at because they have princess syndrome. More Capeshit.

Non-YA book series like ASOIAF and Leviathan Wakes.

So in case you were wondering, this is good news.

It's still gonna be anime and vidya kino.

>Edge of Tomorrow was actually anime kino and was good
>MGS from the director of Kong: Skull Island
>More polished Warcraft 2 from Jones

More adaptations

>Indieshit is unironically the only remaining hope for modern cinema

I hate this timeline, can we go to a different one?

I expect we'll get a Way of Kings trilogy soon. And it's not good news, because Brandon Sanderson is legitimately one of the best authors among modern genre fiction who regularly puts books out, and he's a pretty shitty author as things go. He basically writes novelized video games.

If Kaijukino becomes a thing, I want a movie focused on dragons. Like, different species of dragons in 1 movie, from the tiniest runts to ancalagon-tier fuckhuge shits. Hell, make it without dialogue and focus entirely on dragons, and make humans the bad guys

Original screenplays, hopefully

Good joke.

stephen kingino

HAHAHAHAHA

Looks like future fantasy (valerian) which is close to 100% CGI is going to be pushed

>silent B&W movie about dragons
I'd watch it

We need more talking animals CGI movies desu

None.

Capeshit is eternal.

>m-maybe we should try to be creative and make our own stuff...
Said some clueless intern and was immediately fired

Maybe some original scripts like Avatar

And make them hold their butts in the screen for a few minutes and also fart a lot.

how about crossoverkino

imagine batman vsthe x-men
or spiderman vs wolverine

Or the emoji movie X Star Wars

>xanth
>actually making a movie of this perv shit

But Avatar was literally just a reboot of Pocahontas.

We need more heist-kino

Has always been that way, at least since Star Wars.

>Blockbusters are usually dumbed down action movies or feelgood films, most of them unoffensive tho
>Shitload of attempts to convert everything into a franchise
>most of the awards are won by either original scripts, independent films or not so popular novel adaptations
>animated movies usually remain the same in quality
>more than often we get some good action flicks

The only thing that sucks right now is that we're getting bombed with remakes of films that don't even need one.

Alien vs Predator and Freddy vs Jason already failed.

Gandalph vs Dumbledore

>batman vsthe x-men

GOKU VS SUPERMAN

But in the past the dumb action films were actually GOOD and smaller budget projects could exist independent of that.

We will literally get just that with Kong vs Zilla, even though it has been done before.
It will be the dawn of Kaijukino, and the rebirth of crossover-kino

We will see how Ready Player One turns out even though I haven't read the book.

The funny thing is I read a fuckton of science fiction but none of them would make a particularly good film.

Right now television shows seem to be figuring out how to do it though.

>the dumb action films were actually GOOD
Nah, they have always remained the same, in my opinion. Other than T2, I don't really think any action blockbuster film can be held in high regard, at least when compared to other great films.

The Good Guys, Edge of Tomorrow, Fast and the Furious, John Wick and the Bourne films are as serviceable as let's say, Die Hard, Predator or Robocop.

Netflix is basically the last hope for Sci-fi TV. It doesn't pull enough audience for Television to keep it afloat with how inherently CGI-intensive it is. The Expanse is headed for cancellation already.

Fantasy could work because dudes with rubber swords is a lot cheaper to shoot. I'd like to see some Black Company movies, or a TV show, but I doubt anyone would be willing to adapt the Lady cockteasing Croaker by giving him dreams about having a violent threesome with her 11 year old self and twin sister.

>The Good Guys, Edge of Tomorrow, Fast and the Furious, John Wick and the Bourne films are as serviceable as let's say, Die Hard, Predator or Robocop.

This is undeniably true, but we're on Sup Forums, so people will tell you otherwise

This.

The only way to make an original property huge right now is to start out small like John Wick then reboot it in a generation with a $200m budget.

if Sup Forums is anything to go by then pro-Trump political thrillers that have Obama as an evil mastermind are the next big thing.

This book is juvenile garbage, which is why I put the (ugh)

>The Expanse is headed for cancellation already.

Nigga they already greenlit season 3.

That's pretty much what most shitty horror movies do nowadays.
>Make a 4 million dollar jumpscare fest
>Make thrice your budget
And that's how we get shit like The Purge and Paranomal Activity

Fantasy Kino

And it's shot in Canada. Which means their government subsidies end after season 4, which means they need to double the viewer count or they go under.
And they've also already adapted both the good books, and next season is going to be the adventures of a black lesbian ninja Nun who takes out wifebeaters and saves Holden from Julie Mao's evil twin who is also a super soldier for some inexplicable reason, and the entire season takes place in one tiny part of space with no planets.

from a visual standpoint, past action movies were better. and also from the standpoint of scoring.

>Non-YA book series like ASOIAF and Leviathan Wakes.
>So in case you were wondering, this is good news.
ASOIAF adaptation has been fucking awful after the first season, but made a lot of money for HBO. Should they go for the route you described, it's likely they will go with retarded low budget shlocks relying on shock value of character deaths.

It's all coming together.

As time goes on there are fewer and fewer big properties to adapt until they will inevitably have no choice but to adapt 40k.

Right now it's just a matter of time.

underrated

Hopefully Hollywood crashes and burns to the ground

>from a visual standpoint, past action movies were better
not really, is just that modern action films follow some kind of safe formula that feels repetitive
>also from the standpoint of scoring
I do agree with this

user, your own personal opinions are completely irrelevant to this conversation.

Everything you just said is the complete opposite of actually reality.

If you think GoT past S1 has any quality to it, there is no discussion to have, you have no understanding of cinema at all.

Harry Potter x Twilight crossover

Superheroes

except he's right, and GoT fucking sucks

Pixar X Dreamworks crossoverkino

We are talking about success. Not your own wildly unpopular opinion on the quality of the show.

Got is one the most popular and successful shows in there history of the world.

Your own edgy opinion is not pertinent to how popular it is.

That's what I said in my original post you fucking imbecile. Due to the fact that it made a lot of money without bothering to present anything of quality, they will likely go that route and shit out useless edgy shlock after shlock.

Jesus, people have no reading comprehension on this board. It's like arguing with stones.

no amount of marketing will make people think raw sewage tastes like fine wine. So all disney is really doing is not trying to turn shit into gold with half a billion worth of marketing.

you do realize teens are still the largest spending demographic and that isn't going to ever change, right?

I'm hoping hollywood collapses and young talented artists are brought in to make good movies again. Like what happened in the 1970s.

Gotchu senpai

OP's original post mentions videogame movies, young adult novels and anime as source material for movies.that bombed.

So OP is asking what pop culture source material other than capeshit and Star Wars will not bomb and actually become successful.

So tell me how GoT bombed genius.

Nobody gives a shit about your edgrlord opinion about a wildly popular show because it's irrelevant.

Learn into reading comprehension next time Einstein.

holy fuck you might actually be retarded

he literally said game of thrones was successful and that studios would produce similar shows

he also added that he thought GoT sucked

you latched onto his comment that it sucked and failed to notice that he said it was a commercially successful show

so he REITERATED that he said it was successful

and you still don't fucking get it

learn
to
read
holy shit

That doesn't mean it made that much profit

It definitely didn't gross enough to guarantee a sequel

>Sanderson
>good

I bet you like Rothfuss too, pleb

My uncle worked on the set for warcraft, there's already two guaranteed sequels in the making, but theyre both being made In China.

>Avatar
>original

Can I have your uncle's autograph?

Fucking retard.

It seems like these uber forgettable cgi shit-fests that are vary loosely based on some mythology/folk tale/old literary classic have been a cash grab trend that's getting noticeablely worse.
I wouldn't be surprised is some ham-fisted and uninspired Beowulf, Gilgamesh, or some dark take on three little pigs move came out next fall.

Xmen in 2000 was also successful and Blade in 98 to lesser extent

The only one of those I would consider good is The Great Wall. It's done by the same guy who did Hero and House of Flying Daggers, so there is some artistic creativity present, unlike shit like Gods of Egypt.

Just been noticing this trend since that shitty Clash of the Titans reboot.

The same schlock as we have now except not tied to any major ip since they used them all up already. Think shit like 10000 bc

Yeah, I started noticing this too. Fucking Gods of Egypt man, I can't believe that was the same director as 'The Crow' and 'Dark City'... unbelievable.

Even though I liked The Great Wall, fuck that poster. Whoever thought of that needs to be fired.

>dances with wolves in space with blue indians
nah

Gods of Egypt is better than movies like clash of the Titans though. The main character actually changes and is dynamic.

well warcraft technically still has a chance of being good
they still have the Arthas story left which actually has potential to be a good movie

I pray to God some hollyjew doesn't get the impetus to create this
the riots in the theaters would shake the foundation of the world

>not-YA
>like ASOIAF

Arthas' story was good because you, the player were controlling him.

its not like Hollywood possibly make a bigger insult against either Goku or Superman after their respective most recent movies

>tfw they really couldn't last a day in the Skarch

it has a lot of powerful moments around which you can build a film and would have the advantage of having one clearly defined main character with an interesting characterization to explore

in the hands of a competent director it could easily work

>That doesn't mean it made that much profit
ok

I'm talking the war between autists who will fight and die for their respective god
especially if one wins over the other

Antman vs. the Mosquito Man

Call it Goku vs Superman
opens with Superman accidentally tossing Goku's food on the floor, Goku gets upset, looks like they'll fight and then Supes apologizes, Goku laughs it off and the rest is a silly buddycop style movie centered around the 2.

Anyone remember this shite

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSmJ5UXtUnk

>Warcraft grossed $47.4 million in the United States and $386.3 million in other countries for a worldwide total of $433.7 million, against a production budget of $160 million.
>Given its $160 million budget, The Hollywood Reporter reported the film needed to earn at least $450 million to break-even

Your precious movie didn't even make any profits.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Blizzdrone, but you won't get your sequels

Don't forget Disney's ongoing obsession with live-action remakes of their old films.

Dracula was fucking kino

REMOVE

TURKS

WITH

FISTS

OF

BATS