15 points clear

Nice league you got there

Premier League, La Liga, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga are all already decided.

There were 4 teams fighting for the scudetto, now there are just 2. And Juventus will probably win it again.

How do we fix european football?

BALOTELLI....AGUEROOOOOOOOO YOU'LL NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN SO TAKE IT UP DRINK IT IN

>6 years ago

2 titles per season, 19 games, Winter Champion and Summer Champion

>How do we fix european football?
our sports have playoffs for a reason, to avoid what you get

ridiculous thing to say when arsenal won the league in a similar fashion

no, fuck off

National cups already fill the role playoffs have in American sports. England has two cups, even.

thats what happens when you add HALF A BILLION QUID of transfers to a team that already won the league the year before lol

People don't care as much about cups as leagues though. It's even worse in England when the "prestige" is divided in two for each cup

FA cup > Europa League
The other cup = shit

something like that

FA Cup is the greatest cup in the world. People on Sup Forums just pretend its worthless because Arsenal/Manchester United have been winning it in recent years.

people actually watch this one horse race? lmao

>i-i swear EPLEL is by far the b-best league in the world, at least we have c-competitivity

How about we all start watching the Portuguese league

On horse race? But Kane isn't playing for City.

salary cap

We watch your league.

Reminder that he's the villain.

>to avoid what you get
tell that to the Patriots and the Warriors

>couldn't get a job anywhere
>daughter sudoku'd
>alkie

He's had a hard life

delet

Yeah, I'm memeing, I know the ECJ is the one really at fault here.

Porto lifelong here. Been lifelong since I saw Mario Jardel GOATing aroung

this, then winter champion and summer champion play for league bowl

I would unironically welcome a Sudaca style change to our system

Its fucking silly to have two cups

Jardel was a beast. One of the best headers to ever grace this game.

My precious handegg and apehoop have also become 1teamwinslol leagues. What happened to the parity in the world lads

>What happened to the parity in the world lads
blown away since anglo egemony

please watch our league

Bosman and the huge TV deals have irreversibly fucked up European football

>How do we fix european football?

European Super League. It's not as if teams like Man City and PSG are truly English/French anyway. There should be a globalised league for the globalised teams

do you rate Kawashima ?

Yes we know, it is great shamefur to us

this, let's make a Super European Championship, with top 20 european teams, relegate the 3 last of the SEC and playoff the winner of national championship.

lmao no

is this an under 9's game?

The fault lied with the club who refused to sell him and cut his wages by a ridiculous amount.

Please watch our league

PSV will inevitably collapse, don't worry

>It's not as if teams like Man City and PSG are truly English/French
So... a "truly" English team can only use English players or what? I'm just curious.

he's good tho, but he can't drink beers

it should, yes

Why?

he's average at best

I wish you and Portugal had at least one team each that could compete in the CL, why don't Arabs, Russians or Chinese people buy your teams?

What's so good about parity? If a team is good enough to dominate, everyone else should git gud enough to challenge them. I know it's shit when the same teams win over and over but it's better than changing the rules to artificially hamper them or make a shit team good

This

Not enough TV money

Watch our league
>3 title contenders
>2 of them bitter rivals
>no murderball but a shitload of cheeky cunts hitting each other
>misery and depression
>mud and curses
>paid refs
>Becali
>regular chimpouts by fans and players alike
>decent quality football

because it's just >who has the more money win le championship, predictable and unentertaining

And you think prohibiting foreign players will solve this? PSG will just turn into the French national team.

t-thank you. i always root for croatia in the big tournaments

And there is in France?

That's just not true though

>Mario Jardel
>130 goals in 125 apps for Porto
Jesus christ, why haven't I heard about this guy?

Because you don't watch their league.

yes, teams could win championship because of their values (promoting young players, trainings, strategies etc), not because they worth a lot and can buy best players, look city, from ridiculous football team to best english team in less than 10 years thx to muuuuh money.

starts in 1 month

Well PSG, Monaco, and to a lesser extent Lyon, Nice and Marseille are always performing in European competitions so they get more money there. Plus France's population is about four times the size of ours so there's more money involved anyway.

I remember Rangers trying to sign him back in the days when they were dodging taxes.

what does size of population change the fact teams are rich or not ?

Monaco also have the nice aid of a very generous tax system compared to France, not very fair to the other teams I would have thought.

For TV money it definitely matters

personally i blame the overreaching justice system tbqh

i dont think thats a valid argument. look at how much money City and PSG make compared to what they spend. if a sheikh came in and bought AZ Alkmaar, they could win the eredivisie every year and participate in the CL. i think these investments are about pride and winning the CL

>Look at City
Indeed, they went from being irrelevant to one of the best teams in the world. This only made possible because they have been able to gradually become better and better by strengthening their team through foreign players. This would NEVER happen in a world where foreign players are disallowed.

It would literally be United winning. Every. Single. Year. They would buy any remotely promising talent. And the choice would already be made from the player's point of view. You can either stay and pray your club hits the lottery and manage to produce a golden generation of talent while you're active, or you can move to a club which is willing to pay your salary tenfolds; all the while the chance of winning trophies goes from virtually 0 % to 100 %.

market size

he wasn't the villain, clubs are the villain in this, same as in the case of agent fees. club wanted to fuck him up, refuse to let him go and not pay him at all and he took them to court and won like he deservedly should. agents had to be implimented in football because a. players where getting shafted by clubs in terms of wages etc. and b. the clubs wanted faster agreements in place, and having an agent would speed it all up. modern football would be 10x better without both points in place, but the greed of clubs forced the hands of players and as such football has become objectively worse

>if a sheikh came in and bought AZ Alkmaar, they could win the eredivisie every year and participate in the CL.

pls do

not really, it is how good merchant you are to jew tv owners, spanish championship is by far better than english championship in european competitions but they earn more than twice less than the english.

then we should put a quota of players formed in club, literally the opposite of Bosman rulling

Yes, but the Prem has about 493 billion Asians watching every game whilst outside of Spain people only really care about El Clasico

exactly, englos are better merchants than spanniards even tho they have a lesser good championship

Think you're overestimating Birmingham's population there.

That would just cause all the transfer activity to happen at youth level rather than senior level. All the promising youngsters will join United's, City's, Chelsea's, etc. academy instead of their local club. And it severely restricts opportunities for aspiring players from smaller towns. The next Messi could be born in Cornwall but if all his fellow academy players are shit, they'll never win anything and his career will be wasted.

>he rates la liga

Maybe. I don't know the solution.

Though, the biggest problem in recent years has been the favoritism by players of Barca and Madrid compared to the rest of the world. They have been able to attract almost anyone they want. If you want competitive football, there needs to be less favoritism to such few clubs.

>>Becali
Best reason.

I will

it's forbidden to have transfert activity with underaged players tho
it's also more less predictable to know if a young promising player will actually deliver
also i never said it should be 100% formed players to fit the teams, a lad like Messi could have been transfered.
in that case, don't help barca and madrid buying whoever they want and force them to invest in youngster academia, even Sanchez who went out of Barca academia couldn't fit Barca team, which is ridiculous.
If good players could fit some less valuable teams and if most rich teams would have less great players there should be better competitivity, teams should think of smart ways to be relevant instead of just throwing money.

What Sanchez are you talking about because Alexis didn't come from Barcelona's academy

>won by a relegation-bound wigan
>greatest cup in the world

Magic of the cup la. The PL was won by relegation-favourites Leicester. The CL was won by 6th place Chelsea after they had sacked their manager.

my bad, but there are other examples like Bellerin, Fabregas or Coman

Reduce the number of foreign players to 3, without allowing double nationality shenanigans.

That's only trye to a degree, and even then that's pretty much how it has always been

How does WC affect this? Every other player is either contending for a place or saving their energy

That's the thing, because of what you said is literally illegal.

>draws

Watch a real competition.

xDDDDDDD omg GOOD ONE

The fa and the carling cup, do both of them have 2 legs?

Not exactly unique to the Premier League though is it, every major league except Serie A is already over

but it’s already fixed

FA Cup:
>one leg
>draws result in a replay at the away team's ground
>semi-finals and final are played at Wembley

League Cup:
>one leg
>draws go in extra time and penalties
>semi-finals are over two legs (home & away), draws go to extra time, then away goals rule applies after 120 minutes, penalties are played if it's still even
>final played at Wembley

>tfw eredivisie dead
Also wtf happened to Feyenoord?

like all the other replies said

>salary cap
>limit foreign players
>playoffs

>mfw city win the league by winning the derby