My favorite directors are Tarantino, Nolan and Lynch

>My favorite directors are Tarantino, Nolan and Lynch

>written and directed by Michael Mann

I get the meme for Uno Farto and Nolan but why is Lynch a meme? He's a shit director.

EVERYTIME I SEE THIS PIC REMINDS ME OF GAMBIT FOR SOEM REASON

He's known for being entry-level nightmare horror stuff that everyone gushes over.

>my favorite director is Kubrick

>2001 A Space Odyssey is in my top 10

>lord of the rings got worse as the trilogy progressed

>he watches movies

>"Movie"? I'm pretty sure you mean "film" ;)

>David Fincher is a masterful director

I did like Fellowship the most because I like movies that follow that 'unlikely lot go on an adventure' thing. The other two are more war movies

I don't think that makes them worse at all, but I do enjoy Fellowship most

But I like Tarantino.His movies are fun.

>why zack Snyder is one the greatest directors of the 21st century
*tips*

>My favorite directors are Kaufman, Aronofsky, and Noé

Curious Case of Benjamin button was kino.

These threads go wider and wider until someone might as well just say
>I'm alive and I did anything *tips*
They still make me laugh though

>My favorite director is Werner Herzog

>Cronenberg, Verhoeven, Malick, Hitchcock etc. the list goes on

nolan sucks

You suck... (my dick!)

>You suck... (my dick!)

>Me? I'm more into Carpenter, the master of horror

>>You suck... (my dick!)

>I love discussiong television and film.

no u

>These threads go wider and wider until someone might as well just say
>>I'm alive and I did anything *tips*
>They still make me laugh though

What are some directors that one is allowed to like?

fucking fedoras. tlotr started shit and stayed that way

Leone, Coppola, Kurosawa, the list goes on

Nah, they gay as fuck. Brad Bird is the only correct answer.

>I prefer the work of Miyazaki, Anno, Kon, Kitano, and Sono. You probably never heard of them.

DON'T GROUP LYNCH WITH TARANTINO AND NOLAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>film is an artform

>DON'T GROUP LYNCH WITH TARANTINO AND NOLAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>My favorite directors are

Name literally ONE (1) better surrealist in film. He created his own damn genre. Tarantino and Nolan are entry level crap but Lynch is one of the best directors literally ever.

>implying he isn't

I step out into the street. In front of me stands the gunman, smugly assured of the superiority of his weapon. "Put the gun down now, and I let you live" I say, my voice calm and measured. My fingers rest lightly on the hilt of my katana. The gunman just laughs. I see the muscles in his right hand, that hand that holds the gun, beginning to tense as he prepares to squeeze the trigger. Quicker than the human eye can see I draw my katana, and using the ancient arts I have spent my life studying I use my katana to tear a hole in the very fabric of space-time, of reality itself. I am perhaps one of ten men in the world who know this skill, and one of three who dare to use it. I am the first, and probably last, Westerner to learn these secret arts, whose true Japanese name I will not profane by uttering here.

There is a blinding flash from the muzzle of the gun, but I do not hear the gunshot. Before the sound waves (or bullet) can reach me I step through the makeshift portal I have opened into the extradimensional space. "Space" is not a great word, because in this "place" it is as meaningless as "time," but English lacks the necessary vocabulary to describe something so utterly other, so completely different. The hole closes. I sense that I am not alone. There are beings here, in this "place," which are utterly alien and indescribable. The secret symbols on my katana blaze.

I cannot tell if the battle lasts for an eon or an instant. Such distinctions are meaningless here. I do not know how many there are. There could be a thousand, or there could be only one great entity. I do not know if I kill them (it) or if I merely buy myself a brief respite. Whatever the truth (if a word like truth has any meaning here) I am able to slash another wound into the very fabric of reality. I pass through, and end up in the "real" world, in three dimensional space, directly behind the gunman. A single slice with my katana passes through his skull as easily as it passes through air.

Bunuel

Wrong.

Buñuel is surrealism in film you disgusting pleb

What happened to your ñ?

Vertov

Lynch can be a bit pretentious but honestly most his films are great/ exteremely original unlike Tarantino who copies 70s exploitation films he thinks are "cool" but with big budgets and better actors and makes millions of dollars

>pretentious
underage detected

>I hate CGI. Practical effects are much better.

>tfw mines are Ben Wheatley, Ben Wheatley and Ben Wheatley

>my favourite director is anyone other than Michael Mann

>Ben Wheatley, Ben Wheatley and Ben Wheatley.