Doctor Who General /who/

I've had a whole year to tune myself into the psychic network and INTEGRATE WITH ITS MATRICES

Last network: Series 10 matrices: youtube.com/watch?v=PbJqNa0_Oz0

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/69074407087292416
twitter.com/TheTellyRocket/status/849347560343035904
twitter.com/scottygb/status/849350201349484544
twitter.com/scottygb/status/849339523012186115
twitter.com/scottygb/status/849332218799566850
twitter.com/Curly_Moffat/status/849350147192631297
twitter.com/simonjward/status/849346930614321152
twitter.com/PhilipHamilton_/status/849339942975270913
twitter.com/DWTheFanShow/status/849197333241835520
twitter.com/lizo_mzimba/status/849338552441765890
twitter.com/bigfinish/status/846655707906740225
cnet.com/news/doctor-who-season-10-opens-with-a-new-pilot-episode-peter-capaldi-steven-moffat-pearl-mackie/#ftag=CAD590a51e
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GOAT story, GOAT three-parter. I don't care if Dobby Doctor looks silly or if the Archangel Network ending isn't feasible to you. This is a FUN story and better than anything Moffat's written in years.

I like this meme solely because it triggers RTDfags every time it's brought up. Some guy posted it like 5 times last thread and each time i sparked a Moff/RTD argument or gave fuel to one that was alrwady going on.

>better than Heaven Sent

This.

I didn't have fun watching that episode DESU

>This is a FUN story and better than anything Moffat's written in years.
Fun being the operative word there

Name a Series 9 story which was as fun as this one, u can't

>GOAT Three-Parter

What is Ghost Light?

Good storytelling/characterisation > fun

I take it back. It's better than anything he's written in years save Heaven Sent.

But don't act like Heaven Sent wasn't ruined by its successor. If you take Face the Raven and the next two as a three-parter, then Utopia/SoD/Last of the Time Lords is superior.

The Magician's Apprentice

Funny, cos SOD/U/LOTT (as i like to refer to it) has both

Face The Raven (Clara getting her comeuppance is always fun)

The Girl Who Died

Or, in other words:

something moffat doesn't have/something moffat doesn't have > something moffat doesn't have

KEK

Truer words have never been spoken

The most fun Moff's ever written is Series 5, honestly.

Series 10 is more fun

And they still haven't been spoken, 'cause that was a pack of lies from a jealous broke pleb

Reminder that 75% of /who/ prefers Moffat

The story falls to shit the moment it becomes about Martha traveling around spreading the word. Actually, it falls to shit the moment the orbs fall out of the sky to dated homosexual pop music. Although the fun is breifly reinstated before the former occurs.

The first 3 episodes look fun. Then we'll get a tryhard three-parter with those Monk things, followed by a clusterfuck of a finale with too many Cybermen and Missy flapping her vag around

>All this RTD circlejerking
Smells like samefag spirit

Reminder that 25% of /who/ have autism.

This.

Utopia and 99% of TSOD is pretty GOAT

LOTTL is irredeemable shit

Akin to GOAT Heaven Sent and shockingly shite Hell Bent

And you'll still watch it

Proof that Moffchads are the majority

I will. And your point issssss......?

Ever notice how Moffat haters are constantly saying why Moffat is bad but RTD haters only ever say that RTD fans are "circlejerking" or that they're "RTD Chads"? They never actually say anything beyond empty ad hominem crap.

RASSILON RETURN CONFIRMED

twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/69074407087292416

5 star return for #DoctorWho. It was one of funniest eps in light years. Pearl Mackie new assistant is a real find

twitter.com/TheTellyRocket/status/849347560343035904

If you're so sure you're just gonna piss and moan about those bits, why watch? 'Cause hatewatching is "fun"?

>tfw autism and prefer Stevie Moffs.

All just about a minute apart. Samefaggotry confirmed.

I preferred Moffat for a long time. Then Hell Bent happened.

It's not real.

ITS REAL

The guy saying 'RTD chads' praises his work though. He's saying that RTD's work appeals to normal people like himself whereas Moffat makes stuff for nerds (i.e. /who/). Do you not know what "Chad" means?

Can we trust this guy? I bet he laughed at the Pokemon joke in Mysterio.

You are the chosen one.

so the rumour mill sets off again
twitter.com/scottygb/status/849350201349484544

People use it ironically and deprecatingly. It is a silly name, after all.

>Moffat makes stuff for nerds
Then why is he constantly goading and provoking fans, both in the show and in real life?

"Buzzfeed editor" Ah.

>Do you not know what "Chad" means?

No, I'm new from Gallifrey Base. Not enjoying my stay on Sup Forums so far though - way too many Moffat lovers. Moffat writes childish campy shit for kids.

twitter.com/scottygb/status/849339523012186115

KEK

Yeah but the whole RTD chad thing started as a counter movement to that rabid guy calling everyone RTDfags. It's explicitly pro-RTD

twitter.com/scottygb/status/849332218799566850

I've had a whole year to tune myself into the psychic network and INTEGRATE WITH ITS MATRICES

BASED MINI MOFF

twitter.com/Curly_Moffat/status/849350147192631297

>piss and moan

same dude, i'm new from reddit. fuck moffat. i want him out and i want mcdonald's schezuan sauce too

Because shit might actually surprise me. Bit like how I didn't think Heaven Sent would work ("hey, an episode with just Peter Capaldi in one location!") but then blew me away.

I'll only be okay with a new Doctor if it's Ruth Bradley
I've warmed to Phoebe Waller Bridge now that I've started watching Fleabag though. Weirdly I just can't think of a man I'd want for the role - I don't particularly care if they're a man or a woman, I'm just really not enthused by the Kris Marshall or Andrew Buchan suggestions. Alfred Enoch, maybe, but his voice is extremely posh.

>Weirdly I just can't think of a man I'd want for the role
Honestly, I can't think of anyone right now. Maybe I've just grown tired of Doctor Who but 12 actors in and I feel like it's all just been done. Okay, a woman or a black dude would shake up the diversity but still, ultimately /shrug/

I just want someone who'll commit to being the Doctor for 3 years but who'll also get a series made every year. Seems that's been too much to ask since Tennant left.

>Wonderful first episode. And Peter Capaldi - charming in the q&a afterwards - firmly cementing his place as the children's Doctor #DoctorWho
twitter.com/simonjward/status/849346930614321152

>Lots of similarities between Bill and Rose, which is a great thing for #DoctorWho - Peter and Pearl's chemistry is fantastic from the off.
twitter.com/PhilipHamilton_/status/849339942975270913

>but who'll also get a series made every year
I should clarify: I just want the next few years, or the next era, to be consistent. Choose either a Spring or an Autumn launch, stick with it. Get 12 episodes transmitted every year. Stop fucking everyone about.

15728 minutes until The Pilot

Agreed. Adam Orford has to plan months in advance, u kno

I'm so sorry /who/. I kind of asked for this. I knew I should have never read the secret.
twitter.com/DWTheFanShow/status/849197333241835520

"Someone who got Doctor Who Magazine early said that Steven Moffat said that the Series 10 finale is pretty bloody. "

First she's like Donna, then Martha, now Rose. Hope Moffat's final series isn't just some crappy attempt to emulate RTD.

Bill is Rose
Nardole is Mickey

Nardole is the TARDIS engineer apparently, and Mickey was a mechanic. Bill serves chips, Rose served chips. Cybermen came back, and Cybermen are coming back. So S10 is parallelling the GOATEST SERIES OF ALL TIME, Series 2.

>firmly cementing his place as the children's Doctor
Isn't that Matt Smith? And wasn't Capaldi supposed to be aimed at a slightly older audience? Who IS the Twelfth Doctor?

Why would it trigger RTD chads? I've only ever seen Moffcucks get booty-blasted over it.

>mcgann doesn't film holby city till august
>that still leaves him free for the christmas special
>yfw it's David Bradley doing a bad Hartnell impression

twitter.com/lizo_mzimba/status/849338552441765890

There will be a 'coming soon' trailer after The Pilot. When was the last time we got one of those (not including Christmas specials)...? Series 5?

How are they suddenly doing everything so right again?

>ere will be a 'coming soon' trailer after The Pilot.
yesss, s10 is gonna be goat. i can feel it now.

DWM has revealed the titles for the first ten episodes of S10

'The Pilot' by Steven Moffat
'Smile' by Frank Cottrell-Boyce
'Thin Ice' by Sarah Dollard
'Knock Knock' by Mike Bartlett
'Oxygen' by Jamie Mathieson
'Extremis' by Steven Moffat
'The Pyramid at the End of the World' by Peter Harness
'The Lie of the Land' by Toby Whitehouse
'The Empress of Mars' by Mark Gatiss
'The Eaters of Light' by Rona Munro
'TBA' by Steven Moffat
'TBA' by Steven Moffat

post yfw u realise capaldi only has one episode left to film

>'The Pilot' by Steven Moffat
>'Smile' by Frank Cottrell-Boyce
>'Thin Ice' by Sarah Dollard
>'Knock Knock' by Mike Bartlett
>'Oxygen' by Jamie Mathieson
>'Extremis' by Steven Moffat
>'The Pyramid at the End of the World' by Peter Harness
>'The Lie of the Land' by Toby Whitehouse
>'The Empress of Mars' by Mark Gatiss
>'The Eaters of Light' by Rona Munro
>'TBA' by Steven Moffat
>'TBA' by Steven Moffat

Thanks.

kill me

>mfw

in extremis - "at the point of death"

twitter.com/bigfinish/status/846655707906740225

>trailer after christmas
>specially made trailer
>another trailer
>another trailer
>coming soon trailer after pilot
>trailers actually make the show look fun and fresh instead of "same ol same ol"

marketing has been GOAT this year compared to last year
they're actually trying for once.

It's not real.

That's the worst. When they don't even say anything so you can't call them out for it — pic is just unrelated.

>that no replies
proof that they ain't

tragic, just tragic

Because he's a twat.

He's the worst kind of nerd - a self-hating nerd.

>tfw RTD chad
feels good lads

cnet.com/news/doctor-who-season-10-opens-with-a-new-pilot-episode-peter-capaldi-steven-moffat-pearl-mackie/#ftag=CAD590a51e

>tfw he has already filmed it

You mean lightly teasing them?

Fuck off, you sexless obsessive

Teehee! Just teasing =3

>"how is his presence on campus linked to something unusual concealed beneath the college?"

Threadly reminder that Heaven Sent is, was, and always will be shit

Threadly reminder that the /WHO/ general has been converted to run off the tears generated by Moffcucks

>"including a revelation Moffat says will "melt your brains".

>Correction, 1:48 p.m. PT: This story initially misspelled the last name of the showrunner for "Doctor Who." He is Steven Moffat.
>He is Steven Moffat.

>Threadly reminder that Heaven Sent is, was, and always will be shit
I don't hate you, I just feel sorry for you,