How is this movie...

How is this movie? I am unfamiliar with the material literally it just popped up on netflix and there looks to be a cool monster

is it worth time?

>japanese live action anime
it's trash

I only read a few chapters of the manga. Do they figure out how to escape?

imagine if a bunch of kids picked up water pistols at a water pistol party and they're about to be attacked by a bunch of people with water balloons and instead of actually attacking said people with water balloons they just stand their and get soaked.

That's Gantz:0

Nice CG though

it's bad just watch the anime

>2017
>characters races, genders and sexual alignments haven't been changed
trash

the anime is worse other than the snu snu scene

If you're an iqlet videogame player then you'll love it
if you have an even a slight bit of taste its garbage

:0

the quality of the lighting was neat. Legit looked lifelike at times

Visually it's pretty neat. imho the acting is terrible, perhaps on purpose. The premise is a bit odd, maybe it would have made more sense to me if I was familiar with whatever manga, anime, or light novel it's based on.

I'd rate it a "watch on second monitor while shitposting or grinding in an mmo." It's not worth a proper viewing.

>live action

>perhaps on purpose.
nips love to act that way i call it pagliacci-que/overacted but kinda feel its based on their kabuki theater.

Has sweet boob physics

>pagliacci-que
what

nice asses too and I'm not just talking about the chicks

>The premise is a bit odd, maybe it would have made more sense to me if I was familiar with whatever manga

Yeah totally

Is there nudity in it. Because I think nips are the only ones nowadays who put nudity in their animated films (Berserk, Starship Troopers Invasion etc)

>beethoven

so do they actually explain what the Gantz ball is, or where the aliens come from, or is it just a "this is how it is" sort of deal

it was really great

I expected this

but it was great, also if you ever went to japan you will recognize many familiar places

kek, yeah. Pic related shows up out of nowhere

its fully CG

>or is it just a "this is how it is" sort of deal

Pretty much this

yeah, short story is earth is being attacked by giant aliens, which are like humans but much more advanced also just as warmongering at least, so there is also an other even more advanced alien race which tried to help the humans fight those invaders with super weapons and suits

they have to play these dead or alive games because a fat autistic german girl, it was not the aliens intent

They do.

A bunch of aliens started a war with super advanced alien Gods (Bethoven guy), they got defeated and had to flee their homeworlds.

The alien Gods were massive dicks though, not content with just beating the other aliens they pinpoint every planet the alien refugees are going to stop at and give them the Gantz technology so the natives of the planet are forced to fight and kill the fleeing aliens.

It's gonna be the funniest thing you've seen this week. Watched it a few days ago and couldn't stop laughing. I suggest you give it a watch

As someone who is very familiar with the manga and watched the anime, my opinion is word.

It's good. The animation is fantastic; seriously, it's really good. Good voice acting. Great action scenes. It's worth watching for the animation alone.

As for the story line. Osaka is one of the most popular arcs in Gantz, maybe falling behind the shrine one a little bit.

The one issue (and it's a big one) is that they pulled some of the characters out, i assume, to keep it shorter. They pulled out the guy that shoots up before he starts fighting monsters. They pulled out the guy that fucks the monster in the face (literally fucks, he's a nympho) and other scenes where he has sex with the aliens. They pulled a scene that centers around the 3 brothers who are retarded and have mildly retarded interactions with each other (They just straight up kill them). They pull the coward nerd. Of the Osaka group, they only keep 4: the girl, the nignog, the nignog's friend, and the best guy.

From the tokyo side, they pulled basically everyone except for Reika and the old man. No Telekinetic guys (which is for the better since they weren't that great as characters), the karate guy and (his) little kid (very poor choice), and the cowardly goodlooking guy (sure).

All in all, I think pulling so many of the characters makes Osaka arc lose its charm, especially from the Osaka side. I can understand them not wanting to show scenes where a guy does heroine and the other guy fucks alien pussie. But still, it's these very idiosyncrasies that define the arc. Like the warrior clan that is Osaka and how degraded they've become, morally speaking. And how, thematically, these aliens aren't the ones committing atrocities where both sides are magnificently "bad".

In summation, it's a 6.5/10. If it's your first time, it'll be an 8 or 9.

why didn't they just give all of the sweet technology (mechs, battle-suits,etc.) to the military and have them deal with it as opposed to having literal normies try to kill them with dinky little pistols. I mean, in the movie they almost fail, doesn't the Gantz ball care or is it really just a fun game to watch for them/it?

you have to fill me in on this fat autistic german girl

because they send a signal(or multiple ones) containing all the info to build those things to earth, but the only ''thing'' to pick up those signals was a fat autistic german girl, and his greedy fat capitalist dad

This is why I prefer the movie. Not explaining it it's far more intelligent than trying to do it, this is where all jap media fails completely. Shit is so retarded and cliche, it's not about being intentionally ambiguous and appearing smarter it's about shutting your retarded mouth before saying something stupid.

Movie left everything unexplained and had a nice ending without trying to tie anything up.

edit: I mean the dad used/abused his fat autistic german daughter which picked up the signals (to her brain) to make some sweet profit for himself, he makes it clear that he doesn't really give a shit about the purpose of all this

I read the manga, it's a bit over-rated. Even the art, the inking has it's merits however I'm not digging the character designs. I do think they should make a TV show and outline a better story, this would do really well.

I really liked it. I strongly suggest you to watch it and judge it yourself.

the manga is good the story however is like a 14yo wrote it and was just trying to think of cool shit to top the next thing.

for instance you remember the "vampires" and Kei's bro was one? then they did nothing with it

It's really cool with amazing sound design.

The guns and the battle are really cool too. I was really surprised by this movie.

It's ok
There is no compelling story at all
The action is pretty good and the girls have soft physics
They don't explain shit on how or why they're there. So you'll be in the dark if you never read the manga.

a very accurate depiction of German mentality

I wish harm upon you.

Just read the manga.

Don't do this either.

Yeah don't read the manga unless you like whinging cunts nonsensical plots and horrible horrible exposition. Also very telling: 100 issues or so in and main characters are still doing what I call the "shinji ikari"

it's jerk off material for fans of the original source.
It was ok.

>the anime
That's a weird way to type read the manga

The anime was the shittiest out of all the Gantz series

Escape Gantz?

Nah, full on alien invasion.

>still no webm's of those jiggle physics
dat tittymeat is realer than real life

Favorite, and yet least favorite scene in the manga.

Sub or dub?

Sub.

It's really good and pretty close to the source material
Don't worry about the story, it's fucking retarded anyway