ITT: movies that went over Sup Forums's head

ITT: movies that went over Sup Forums's head

not even worth a (you) tier baits are shit

Every single one save for The Dark Knight Trilogy and Winter Soldier/Civil War

any good heptapod r34 out there?

I still argue that she's a dumb bitch. The Aliens told her if you have a baby with that dude it's gonna die senpai. What does she do? She coulda fucked anyone esle, baby woulda been fine.

And don't gimme that predetermined bullshit.

She's an idiot!!

I really liked Enemy. I loved Prisoners, and Sicario is an all time classic.

...but Arrival is trash.

>baby woulda been fine

No, it wouldnt have. Like all humans it would be delicate and mortal. That's the point.

none that I could find

Why does everyone hate this movie

>Just fuck my posture up, it's only a movie poster.

BANE?

because they're literally borderline retarded

It wouldn't have been destined to be a fuckin cancer baby though. They showed her a shit future and she chose it. Then she lied to the dude and didn't even tell him.

She could already see and "feel" her daughter. Not having her daughter would be the same as condemning her daughter to non-existence. It's about the same as asking a father of a kid with terminal cancer, if you go back would you not have your kid? It's a hard decision I think, as in the mean time you got to know and love your kid.

Answer me one question.

Why was she melancholy and depressed through the whole movie?

>muh language

Or stop being a fucking beta hipster and realize this is a fictional story that doesn't have to be taken literally. It's supposed to be about accepting hardship with grace.

cause she is a modern educated woman

The actual cancer in sci-fi, is the autistic beta faggots that demand a story to be science and logic sound, while they are too mentally retarded to realize science fiction also includes fiction.

They are also hypocrites since they also accepted retarded shit like the original Stat Trek series because of their "muh manhood captain Kirk" meme.

Because shes a single roastie with hallucinations of some dead daughter she never knew

this

Nice headcannon.

She was like that before ever being exposed to the alien language. And for literally no other reason than for "muh tweest".

This movie went over your head then.

Why was Travis a depressed loser creep before getting cucked by Betsy in Taxi driver?

she was basically just your typical bland, low energy roastie. possibly a little cynical since it's implied she's seen some shit when working with the military. but the viewer projects a greater sense of melancholy onto her blank-slate of a character due to the clips of her daughter dying which we have just seen. the way it's edited makes us think her future was in her past so we assume when she has low energy it's because she's depressed over her daughter when that's not really the case

kekd

>the viewer projects

Wrong. The viewer doesn't project shit. We are TOLD this. We are told she is distant and depressed because if THIS. ...but SURPRISE she is actually distant and depressed because of "THIS!"....except there is no "this". It was all a ruse by the filmakers in order to concoct a surprise ending.