You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular...

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BdpyvMgBQTk
youtube.com/watch?v=vpejckQgpeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's your preferred adult animation?

>autism the post
lol k w/e

I hope everyone here understands that R&M is Sup Forums 2007. World Peace is Sup Forums 2014, but with more directly stolen than copying the vibe.

Reddit the show is maybe Community.

World Peace is /r9k/ and Sup Forums 2015.

Can we all agree that Bojack Horseman is more reddit than Rick and Morty?

Rick and Morty viewers are people that write out walls of text on reddit defending cargo shorts.

I haven't seen this show but this seems like fairly competent criticism yet you're still probably going to get a bunch of butthurt people calling you an autistic virgin without addressing anything you've said.

who
the fuck

cares

Bojack Horseman isn't reddit.

BH is real life.

What's with all the AS viral marketing today?

This is me. Literally me. No other character can come close to relating to me like this. There is no way you can convince me this is not me. This character could not possibly be anymore me. It’s me, and nobody can convince me otherwise. If anyone approached me on the topic of this not possibly being me, then I immediately shut them down with overwhelming evidence that this character is me. This character is me, it is indisputable. Why anyone would try to argue that this character is not me is beyond me. If you held two pictures of me and this character side by side, you’d see no difference. I can safely look at this character every day and say “Yup, that’s me”. I can practically see this character every time I look at myself in the mirror. I go outside and people stop me to comment how similar I look and act to this character. I chuckle softly as I’m assured everyday this character is me in every way. I can smile each time I get out of bed every morning knowing that I’ve found my identity with this character and I know my place in this world. It’s really quite funny how similar this character is to me, it’s almost like we’re identical twins. When I first saw this character, I had an existential crisis. What if this character was the real me and I was the fictional being. What if this character actual became aware of my existence? Did this character have the ability to become self aware itself?

You don't consider this quote from BH reddit?

"The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn’t the search for meaning, it’s to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense and eventually, you’ll be dead.”

This show is filth. Pure unadulterated art killing filth.

Streamlined. Shortcut-ridden. Corporate sludge with only a teardrop of emotion and passion.

It screams kill me. It screams tear me out of existence. We don't deserve to exist! I am shaking in rage and fear just looking at it. It shouldn't register as animation. It's a janking soulless slideshow with forcefed moral lessons to control your prole kids.

It needs to be destroyed for art and humanity's sake.

Same thoughts towards all the eps throughout the seasons user? I didn't mind it that much at the start, nor did I feel it was pretentious. Now... I want to hate it.

I have to agree with most of OP's post, not all of but most of it.
I'm really glad all the ppl I know don't watch this show or find it humorous. There's barely any substance to it yet they try to pull the "look how miserable" and deep everyone is in 1/4 of the episode. The writers keep trying to pull you into the character development, while playing some dumb ass trendy music that their friend most likely recommended to them.
That's the only time the writers seem to actually try, then the episode is over.

If anything this show is just another Adventure Time, using the least amount of writing for the first two seasons, then turns around and trys pushing it off as a drama/comedy.

I'm glad I never fell for the adventure Time meme, I'm just made I watched R&M, first season was "alright" I guess
Plus I'm still mad the spammed R&M on APRIL'S FOOLS day like shills

Sounds like Sup Forums to me

Exactly, masterpiece.
youtu.be/BdpyvMgBQTk

I genuinely cannot remember anything of the show aside from the ending of season 1 where everything got frozen and then OP's image with the floating heads. Won't watch season 3 to be quite honest.

How are you supposed to make a counter-argument to someone who thinks he's psychoanalyzed thousands of people who watch a cartoon. It's just projection and any counter argument will just be another layer of projection added on top of the layer of projection that the OP made. You're asking for a counter psychoanalysis.

It's probaby just Roiland anyway. He comes on Sup Forums to shit on the show on purpose just to find ways to make his show better.

who /reddit/ here

Why are there so many experts on Reddit on Sup Forums anyways? How much time do you spend studying it?

I agree, but I think I've reached the point in life where I'm never going to like anything that people my age produce, because they're the ones making it and I'm not.

talk about autism

>he doesn't spend hours a day studying reddit
hola reddito

name one animated show that is better AND isn't ((reddit))

You need to get into the mindset of the newfag that spams this shit while making more and more R&M threads: He wants a big fat nigger to fuck him up the ass until he's crying from the pleasure and asking for more.

it's true but I like the show for the occasionally fun wacky hijinks they get up to. Half the episodes are exactly as you say though and trash.

I actually liked R&M until that get shwifty shit.

This should be a pasta because it's true

subscribed

BH isn't Reddit though because Bojack is represented as an awful person who has had opportunity to change, but never does. You're supposed to be disappointed in the things he does, and the lack of self-improvement he's made across 3 seasons. Sure, some take it the wrong way and sympathize or relate with him, but I think the show wants you to see him as somebody who can't be helped as long as he won't help himself.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>TFW you're not a Redditor or a Sup Forums fag

Who here /9GAG MasterRace/

>Sup Forumsturd has a recent screen cap from Reddit
>proving that he frequently browses Reddit

What did the Sup Forumsturd mean by this?

We're better than you.

HAHA GET SCHMIFTY
OH YEAH POOP ON FLOOR LOL
MR BULLDOOPS XD
a work of sheer genius

me too

It already is pasta. Terrible, unfunny pasta that's full of itself.

Basically, you fags will shit on something if I call it reddit enough times. Correct?

Have these people really never seen Home Movies?

>autistic, mentally ill Sup Forums user continues to sperg over a single episode of a show he doesn't like, but seems to watch anyway

Nah, it actually has to be popular on Reddit first. Then they won't shut up about it.

Hey my name's Matt. 22, studying coding. My favorite movies are The Thing, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Army of Darkness. I love me some Rick and Morty, Archer, and Breaking Bad. I can't live without my cat, my girlfriend (who's an avid gamer) and of course REDDIT

Why does a show have to "discuss philosophy" to be good or worthwhile? Maybe some TV is just entertainment and you don't need to think about it so much.

Sure, Rick and Morty isn't the best show ever. But the juxtaposition of light hearted and dark themes is a good source of humour which the show exploits very competently.

>Sup Forumsturd exposes his familiarity with redshit, proving once again that he visits the site on a regular basis

What did the Sup Forumsturd mean by this?

>autism the reply
>he unironically watches rick and morty

end it buddy. find a tall building and just let go.

youtube.com/watch?v=vpejckQgpeg
Justin made kino before Dan Reddit came along.

>wah wah wah stop liking what I don't like!!

What did captain autism mean by this?

He has a GF, is studying and has a good life, you're a sad sack of shit that spams tfwnogf threads, is utterly unlikable and a college dropout
Congrats on not being "reddit" user

>Sup Forums says capeshit and mainstream movies are for plebs and manchild redditors
>all Sup Forums ever talks about is capeshit and mainstream blokcbusters 24/7

Really makes you think

>Who is Rick Sanchez

His girlfriend is a cat? sick fuck.

t. thinks he's fitting in

Classic Simpsons
KotH
Futurama

k autist

>end it buddy. find a tall building and just let go.

sounds like something Rick would say t b h

the top right pick 5 is mostly new trash but then about a quarter of them are older things. Why is it 3 sets of tv shows and one of movies? The movie section is missing reddit shit, maybe incredibles and big lebowski fit but there's no star wars or marvel trash

>animated shows
>no Adult Swim shows besides Venture Bros and Rick and Morty

world peace is /film/ because it failed miserably as soon as it was exposed to the world