Offsides is such bullshit

I wanted to get into soccer but offsides really fucking bothers me. So what if a player is waiting behind defenders, that defender should have payed more attention.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offside_(American_football)
theguardian.com/sport/blog/2010/apr/13/the-question-why-is-offside-law-genius
youtube.com/watch?v=R_y4aQ8kSEY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

then every team will send a player to just hug the goal and score easy goals

It's to prevent goalhanging. Without the offside rule, both teams would be forced to park the bus because a single long-ball over the top would undo any team that tries to attack.

then leave a defender to watch the guy, it isn't that hard

>Offsides
fucking americans, i swear....

then every defense would just be man-to-man

then they send 2 players to hug the goal

Then the defense would put 2 people there... The point is that defenses would have come up with strategies against goalhangers anyways so why have this rule that exists to piss people off?

no one familiarized with the sport get pissed with this

Maybe not, if there where no offsides then soccer defenses would look like how american football defends against passes, and they don't always use man coverage.

Well i'm not either, but you have to admit it's overly complicated.

Lack of offsides would ruin the team aspect of the game.

In your scenario, teams would be forced to spread their formations 30-35 yards from each other to battle goalhanging. That would efffectively force hoofball as the only plausible strategy.

The only other way to fix it would be to shorten the pitches, but that would physically remove the space that you're supposed to exploit/control in this game.

>All games would be hoofball
wew

>that flag
>that post

t b h they should be able to pickup the ball too

This is not a Basektball court, you can't guard individually in Football, unless is a corner kick.

What is wrong with you dumb amerifats recently? I swear I've explained numerous times why the offside rule holds the whole game together and it would become a boring, shitty hooffest without it. But you dumb cunts keep posting this retarded shit.

It's OK, as a nation most of you are too dense to understand football. It looks like such a simple game on the face of it so you believe it to be accessible, however it's anything but. So then you watch it for 5 mins and start developing retarded opinions like this. Stick to your amerishit sports like handegg please.

FYI one in five adverts on English TV used to feature a woman who didn't understand the offside rule

You're at the cognitive equivalent of a 90s housewife that doesn't even exist

aren't "offsides" a thing in hockeys too? how come they understand offsides in hockeys but not in soccers?

maybe mls shouldnt use offside-rule like they dont use traveling in nba

talking about player positioning and fouls in handegg..

no one watches hockey in the US either. Intensely regional.

Why aren't receivers allowed to start the play in the endzone in handegg?

just time your runs lol

>not playing the travel goalie rule

Terrible bait

MLS should ban the offside rule and also bring back them run-up penalties from 35 yards out.

git gud

this desu

offside was outright introduced because everyone was just standing on the goalline and it was ugly to watch

many of the most attractive current sides wouldn't work without the offside rule

>hoofball
>bad

>be american
>be dumb

Go watch futsal if you don't like offsides.

Its a lovely day today, I can't wait to go outsides

They can't even speak their own language.

is it gay if i take a dick but it doesn't go all the way insides?

>take a look at a sport
>think it looks simple as fuck
>watch a game
>too dumb to understand it
>this is bullshit!
ameridumbs lmao

why don't you go back to watch commercials?

>this confuses and enrages the amerimutt

no

Line of scrimmage is such bullshit.

I wanted to get into handegg but line of scrimmage really fucking bothers me. So what if a player is waiting behind defenders. That defender should have line up further down.

If the head goes in fully then it's gay. Even if it doesn't go fully in it's probably gay unless you have a good excuse.

lol amerifats. go back to watching commercials

>offsides
neck yourself you dorito guzzler

while turbomunching fast food and gobbling gallons of soda

why do americans have to bounce the basket ball?

can't they just run with it? what's the difference?

Offside is what makes football to be the no.1 sport in the world you dumb yanke

It gives you space behind the defense. If there was no offsides you wouldn't see those awesome runs and through balls. In my old guy rec league it is much more fun when they try to play the trap on me instead of just dropping back after I've scored a few and they realize I can time it and am a bit too fast for 35 year old defenders

The south really needs to secede again just so I don't get associated with retards like you.

>offsides
you fucking ameridumbs, there are 2 sides, you can only be off in relation to one side, not both.

I use the terms used here. I'm not going to start wearing a team scarf and calling it offside and football

wait, americans actually call it as "offsides"? i thought it was just a meme lmao

it's one thing to call the sport a different name, but calling offside "offsides" is literally wrong, linguistically.

The handegg term is "offsides" so retards add the s to offside

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offside_(American_football)

Go watch a broadcast and see how the ref calls it.

>watching handegg

I mean, I agree desu. From the little I've seen recently it's gotten worse, refs less willing to let the play flow. Well, as much flow as handegg can have.

"Line of scrimmage" has the same function as the offside rule. Did you also complain about that?

Or to create a zone within each teams field where the offside rule doesn't apply. Sort of like "extending" the half line like 20 mtrs in both directions.

That would actually be nice.

>t. Joao do Silva Costa Barbosa

>stay offside
>play other player onside
>now its a 2v1

literally the same, but until teams start to abuse this more it is legal smhfamlam

Wouldn't that player still be offside(s) and not able to do anything?

you can't be offside behind the ball

>he doesn't understand that the offside rule add a dimension of relative gamespace manipulation by teamblocks within an absolute gamespace in the intellectual game of football

why not just keep more defenders back, making the game more interesting by freeing up the middle.
You're not over intellectualizing this are you? that would be stereotypically french
> google search only brings up vidya for 'gamespace'

Hey your opinion is trash because your trash, nobody cares about your squatter ass israeli nazi opinion

I'm meme'ing the thing, but yes, it's about manipulating the gamespace.
Offside rule allow you to literally COMPRESS the gamespace. Hence the popular 4-4-2 flat formation.
More reading:
theguardian.com/sport/blog/2010/apr/13/the-question-why-is-offside-law-genius

If you get rid of it, nobody knows what football will look like to be quite honest. More spaces in the midfield, for sure. Poachers waiting near the corners, manmarking will make a comeback, players roaming in their half, never attacking, etc.
The football that we know would disappear.

ah ok. thanks for info. yeah, as with any rule change, it's a different sport.

watch futsal

I'd rather see checking allowed in soccer and not reward these faggots for flopping all over the ground.

kill yourself retard

Underrated

No ones has to "admit" that because it isn't true. Here's a line of players, don't just stand past them like a dumb fucker. This isn't hard.

This post made me imagine football without an offsides where the QB has to operate in a telephone booth made out of asses because the defense could blitz from all directions. Thanks for the laugh OP.

>Germany calling people mutts

O I am laffin

/thread
Based zionist bro

lol american education folks

soon VAR will conquer all leagues and people will get pissed at offsides

That's what the offside rule is for. To keep a defender on the closest attacker.

The game started without offsides. They added it for a reason.

It literally isn’t you fucking spastic

But what about when the guy is like 1cm offside because he timed his run a fraction of a second early?

That's when it is a little silly and there should be some sort of benefit of the doubt given, like playing advantage for a foul, to see if the guy benefits from it.

You have to get the ball past the defence in the first place then so what would be the point.

Time your run better you pacelet

>just break his legs when hes walking around you without the ball, bro xDDDDDDDD

imagine american football where a receiver can just sit on the goal line, or wherever they want on the field before the play begins
that's the equivalent of losing offside in soccer
it makes for a retarded game

Dude its kicking a ball into a net

>tf

>offsides

youtube.com/watch?v=R_y4aQ8kSEY

let's pretend for the sake of argument that a penis has indeed fully penetrated me, what would be a good excuse againts homosexual accusations?

> become boring
go speculate yourself a trophy this year

>offsides
>payed

>everyone in this thread devouring bait straight out of OP's greasy hands

Please return to /r/soccer

>t. Robert "bob" Rodriguez

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Dive Grass Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Kick The Ball Into The Net Like Nigga Lift Your Leg Haha

Typical britbong redditor, never failing to take the bait, not even once

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Hand Egg Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Run With The Egg Like Nigga Hold Your Egg Haha

Why didn’t they just fly the ring on an eagle to Mordor?

>Hold Your Egg
AHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH