Resident Evil CGI

Do I need to play any game or read a synopsis to watch these movies?
Do I need to watch RE Degeneration to understand RE Damnation?
What is you opinion about these films? Did you like it?

bump

Final bump.

For Degeneration, you'll need knowledge of Resident Evil 1-4, with emphasis on 2 and 4. Same for Damnation, except that its best to view it as an interlude between RE5 and RE6

That being said, Degeneration is terrible and really not with your time, even if you're a fan of the games. Stiff animation, terrible dialogue, awful new characters ect.

Personally I liked Damnation. Fixed all of Degenerations problems and had an interesting setting. Looks pretty good too.

Honestly, unless you are a fan of the games, specially of the Leon character, it's probably not worth watching.

Wrong.

Degeneration was better than Damnation so much so it's a wonder Damnation was even made other than the cash grab.

Nah they're all pretty self contained and entertaining. If you know at least who Leon, Chris and Claire Redfield, Ada Wong are then you're good.

>Final fantasy Advent children
>Resident Evil CGI
If they produced more movies like these it would actually be alot more better. Than ruining everything with live action and updating everything to the point of stupidity.

Please, explain why Degeneration was better.

>be alot more better

Degeneration was alright, but definitely like you said, Damnation was far superior.

Really hyped for Vendetta.

Care to explain?

Thank you very much.

the first movie has a cool airport scene in the beginning with based Claire, the rest of it isnt great

Damnation has the better "story" and Ada

All you really need to know is the story to RE2

Story was more compact. Zombies were reminiscent of RE 2 and 3, and the introduction of Tricell was done nicely enough that it fits in with RE 5's narrative without ruining continuity. Like Damnation, Degeneration is a supplemental to the games and nothing more. Also, the fact Leon doesn't break his spine in Damnation after being tossed into a column by the Tyrant is just baffling. Damnation looks pretty, but that's about it.

>the fact Leon doesn't break his spine in Damnation after being tossed into a column by the Tyrant is just baffling
You get hit with rockets and shit in RE games, whats the big deal

its just japanese cliches

Good point.

Ada is one of the very few characters ever that make my dick feel good.

I liked them a lot. A synopsis of Resident Evil isn't something you need to worry about because the story in the games is completely ridiculous and only serves to set up the action. You'll understand everything important about the characters within 30 seconds of seeing them.

>This guy is a badass secret agent. He is the good guy.
>This guy is the head of a corporation that makes bioweapons. He is the villain.

After that is a bunch of fun action setpieces involving super spies, monsters, and convoluted evil corporate plots.