Ukrainian and Polish languages

Do those languages look similar? Polish is written phonetically

Ukrainian: vechnaya pamyat tem, kto otdal svoi zhizni za svobodnuyu, demokraticheskuyu, evropeyskuyu Ukrainu

Polish: vyechna pamyench tym, ktuzhy oddali svoye zhichye za volnom, demokratichnom i europeiskom Ukraine

Ukrainian is basically a dialect of Polish.

Why Russian snipers shot Ukrainians protesting for freedom during Maidan?

Yeah, that's a great way to prolong the conversation, he will totally give you certified answer because it was (if it actually was) a decision made by him, no, actually we had a vote for that, and 86% percent decided to shoot them.

It's no crime to kill fash

ę is not "en" you dumb cunt
it's życie not żicie
ą is not "on".
demokratyczną not demokraticzną.
europejską not europeiską.

Mykola it's time for you to get back where you came from.

It's Russian with few Polish words.

It literally has nothing to do with Russian though. It is basically Polish written in cyrillic.

>It literally has nothing to do with Russian though.
Keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile in the real word telling a Russian from an Ukrainian even if they start speaking is literally fucking impossible.
Ukrainian sings just like Russian because of dynamic accent.
Polish doesn't.

Pic related, all similarities of Ukrainian to Polish summed in a single picture.

Tapac, тeбe нe cтыднo тaкиe кapтинки пpивoдить в кaчecтвe apгyмeнтoв?

pok pok pok pok

Ukrainian and Polish belong to different branches of Slavic entirely. Ukrainian is East Slavic, Polish is West Slavic.

I thought they were mutually intelligible? To me that basically means "same language".

Thanks WikiPenis

Nope, not at all.

Slavic languages are generally not mutually intelligible across branches, beyond simple sentences. With some knowledge of historical linguistics, though, you can understand the way different sounds have developed across branches and it makes understanding them all a little easier.

Yes but I was referring to Russian and Ukrainian. I understand why Czechs can't understand Russians.

I don't know how you expected anybody to know that when the comment you replied to says "Ukrainian is basically a dialect of Polish." No mention of Russian.

>why Czechs can't understand Russians

If you are tourist with money then I perfectly understand the language.

>With some knowledge of historical linguistics, though, you can understand the way different sounds have developed across branches and it makes understanding them all a little easier.
With that it's actually possible to figure out what most European languages say if you have some time to think about the text you're reading.

Yea sorry I'm high

True to some extent, but eventually you get to the point where you have to spend hours looking everything up if you don't know a language from a nearby branch. English "conjoin" and Russian coюз (sojuz) "union" are actually cognates, but at that degree of separation you pretty much need to know some Slavic beyond the sound changes that split Proto-Slavic and Proto-Germanic off of PIE.