Redpill me on cooking, Sup Forums

Redpill me on cooking, Sup Forums

Should men take charge of the kitchen or is cooking something that only women were made for

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9lnP4ApEOiU
youtube.com/watch?v=H2A1qYpp4HA
youtube.com/watch?v=G9crDjdIqZo
youtube.com/watch?v=Zet7g8AifJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every self respecting human should know how to cook. Ideally your wife is at home preparing dinner while you are commuting home, but that is less to do with cooking than larger gender roles. In an environment where dual income households are not only the norm, but really the only option for many, shared cooking duties is fine if not good.

It could be argued that there is a anthropologically feminine aspect to cooking, seeing as in the early days of man, it was likely that the men returning from a successful hunt would rest while their women cooked the prize. Still, though, even these hunters needed field cooking for extended hunts.

So the man should work and cook too? What's left to do for the woman?

Raising children.

Cook for yourself faggot,

If you're married take it in turns or some shit. Cooking is a damn good skill to have and if you're not doing it because it's "for women" then you're an idiot.

Women can cook, but men are chefs.

Leave all the child raising time to women, like they're single mothers

good idea

The best cooks are generally men. Just think of BBQ pit masters. I don't have a woman to cook for me when I go on hunting or camping trips, and often there, I have to cook over open wood fires. On top of that, if you want something cooked the way you want it, sometimes you have to learn how to do it yourself. Besides, you have to eat to live, so what happens if you have no one who will cook for you, and you cannot afford McDonalds?

Learn how to cook. If some woman wants to cook for you, let her. But do not forget how to cook.

Cooking is a basic living skill. If you can't take care of yourself and don't have a physical disability that would prevent you from being able to cook for yourself, then you should get on that.

Only an idiot makes himself dependent on women. Cooking is an essential skill so learn it. That said it feels good when your gf cooks a tasty meal for you.

Chef here.
Women are inferior chefs 99% of the time. They cant organise, they cant lead and they cant perform as a man would.
In terms of cooking skill, they can be good with time and experience, but vhefs dont just cook, chefs run teams of cooks

If you want to do it right. Do it yourself. Never leave it up to someone else. Specially a woman.

It's one of those things you need to know how to do as a functional human. Just like cleaning your home, basic hygiene, etc. A woman is there to ease your burden, not make you dependant.

Knowing how to cook is knowing how to be self-reliant is a good skill to have. I rarely eat out, I cook all my meals, delicious home cooked meals for two

are there any felmale chefs that measure up to this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=9lnP4ApEOiU

Cooking is a extremely useful skill to develop. Self reliance skills cooking cleaning and maintenance cars house ect these things help save large amounts of money. I learned to cook food at a extremely young age the only thing i cant do is breakfast foods.

when you cook everyday you should get good at it.
Specialization matters.

>breakfast foods
eggs? the trick is to cook on medium-low heat and get some fucking patience.

No eggs i can do i can make egg drop soup omelette scrambled. Bacon pancakes and waffles i can't do the premade waffles i can but homemade ends in horribly. I love me some fried rice Friday's and egg soup.

All the best chefs are men.. bet even the best women are men..
Cooking is the womans job. Men cant do everything (even though we do). Make the bitches pull their own wight in society.

Cooking isn't hard bro, just apply heat to the food and take it away before it starts to burn.

Most women i've been around think it's funny they can't cook. Then they bitch about being broke and are sensitive about their weight.

Most dudes I know learnt to cook for themselves because they went flatting and had no choice.

Fucking chicks bro, just buy takeout or think that tim tams and shitty pasta counts as a meal.

That looks delicious. I sure hope Chef Ramsay enjoyed it!

Cooking is good skill. I learned how to be an army-tier cook. I can throw together a great, high protein meal on the cheap. I had some billy goat meat, I got from a billy goat I killed. Now billy goat meat, tastes really fucking bad, the taste is like the smell of it's cum and piss and pheromones. But I put that fucken meat in a big ass pot in water, and cooked that on a fire box for 20 hours, just throwing in a tree stump every few hours. At the end of it, I used an instant curry sausage mix with the goat meat, and cooked that in the oven. Turned out fucking perfect, no off goat taste, just good, pure meat and nice curry overtones.

I'm also an ogre.

This. They fail in kitchen management, among other things. But even the best cooks are still men, in terms of creativity and quality.

If you're going to do anything, you might as well do things right

Do you want to depend for food on an undependable creature?

It's fun to cook, but on my way home from work, my woman shud make the cooking.

I'd never let a woman do my meals. They're shit at it.

Women belong in the kitchen

Get a slow cooker aka a crock pot. Literally the easiest thing to make food in ever

I seriously just throw in a couple pounds of meat, potatoes, and vegetables in before bed and by the time I get up I have a nice home cooked meal. Saves a ton of money too

Can millenial women even cook? Or does the kitchen automatically trigger them

dont worry, i dont think any want to.

Women haven't been able to cook since the end of WWII at the very least.

Women can't even cook for shit these days.

cleaning the house?

are you saying that you do not know how to prepare a meal OP?

Save electricity, get a firebox and put the pot on top of it. My firebox is fucken great, I start it with diesel and rubbish all over the mallee tree stumps. Then that bitch warms the whole fucken house, soot and shit everywhere through the house, but who cares.

It's not really about cooking itself. All the best chefs are men. It's about the woman having food on the table after a man comes home from a hard day at work. It's convenience

>Redpill me on
RULE #1

mods shut this shit down

You should know how to cook. Your wife should know how to cook too. I'm a huge manchild and I am slowly learning to cook, I don't want my fiancee to be the only one that can do it. If she's sick or something I don't want to go hungry. I can't always rely on the microwave or pizza delivery either. Not being a lazy slob improves your quality of life drastically. Also women love it when you take over their tasks once in awhile. Not saying you should cook every day while your wife lazes around to fight the patriarchy, just saying you should give her a break once in awhile.

Not true. They were still good in the 50's. THEN it went downhill.

Most of them are shit at it because they have never had to cook for themselves but there are still some women who like to cook.

he didn't. he thought it was shit because it is

I can cook, and I love to do it. It is easily my favorite thing in the world to do- incredibly relaxing, a good creativity outlet, and I'm really damn good at it. Too bad I only tend to find manchildren who have the tastebuds of a 5 year old. Image entirely related.

I've only gotten as far as making poached eggs on toast or scotch fillet steak. but a baby can make those

>there are people ITT who don't know how to fucking cook
>there are people ITT who need to rely on a woman to feed them
Not being able to cook is equivalent to not being able to wipe your own ass or tie your own shoes. It's a basic life skill which gives you tremendous control over your own health.

>soot and shit everywhere through the house, but who cares
your long term lung health, get a filter dumbass

>They were still good in the 50's.
women in the 50's were so shit that they ended up raising an entire generation of entitled feminists and hippies who ruined our world in the 60's and 70's.

Learn how to cook. It's fucking simple, and you don't have to starve if your bitch gets cancer, or something.

>your long term lung health, get a filter dumbass
I don't give a fuck, I smoke in my cozy warm house. Nothing better than sitting in front of a wood heater on a bar stool, with a pipe of dope and an ice cold beer in winter.

Every man should know how to cook. That way you keep the balance in the relationship and she can't use it as a leverage against you. Its easy and you shouldn't need to use recipe if you're just cooking everyday meals. Just listen to a redpilled podcast and start cooking.

>hurr durr but what's women for?
Sharing meals and cooking other dishes that you are not as good doing.

would lesbians know how to cook?

>soot and shit everywhere through the house, but who cares.
You do, 30 years from now.

Most retards can't even use power tools to make or fix things. Most people in this thread right now cannot even change a goddamn car tired or even add oil properly.

>tfw you meal prep once a week
>All your gains are premade and ready to eat
>2200 calories of high nutrient food plus some snacks/protein powder

Feels good being in control

This.

>270 cal per slice

not anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=H2A1qYpp4HA

What do you bench

Men are better at cooking. However, in the traditional nuclear family model it made sense for women in to do the cooking while the man was on his way home from work. Anything tastes delicious when you come home after a 10-12 hour day of working the mines, which is where the stereotype of women being good cooks comes from. It's more about appreciating the effort than the literal quality of the food. The majority of how we perceive the taste of food is psychological, but that's another topic.

Menial day-to-day cooking is suited for women. Professional cooking is suited for men.

285 my dude

you are like a little baby, watch this...

I cant really cook. Everything i cook is from jars. I havent got the time or effort to make anything from scratch after work. Plus, even if i did ot doesnt taste significantly better

Not bad, I rep that for 10. I have 25% bodyfat though, because I don't eat clean. You're probably ripped.

Holy shit, this is autistic as fuck. How many of these people are there ?

Who else has discovered Gordon Ramsay's youtube channel in the past week?

Yeah by no means impressive. Tbh it's probably lower right now. Lanklet arms

I'll prep garlic olive oil chicken breasts with spinach and steamed asparagus (lightly salted, yeah) for 2 days of meals. I also like prepping ground red pepper pan cooked fish with olive oil-fried potato slices and heavily washed collard greens.

I really need to get a few more recipes though.

>Most women i've been around think it's funny they can't cook
I have seen this a lot

>Have women cook food that you want to eat to survive on once you're tired after work
>Have men cook when you actually want to eat something delicious.

There you go, women cook for sustenance. Men cook for excellence.

You need to check that guy's website. It's incredible.

You should be able to feed yourself. Having to rely on a woman for something that basic is embarrassing. Cooking was traditionally women's work because men were doing actual work literally all day.

actually pretty gender neutral, women should generally cook for their family but it's not because they're better at it, it's because it should be their duty

Modern women can't cook for shit.
If yu want something done right, you send a man for the job.

>Most women i've been around think it's funny they can't cook.
I've seen that to, its like they brag about it or something.
>look at me and how non conforming and non tradtional i am
Never seen a man brag about not being able to change tires or use a hammer.

Anything over 250 is vanity pressing and you're all a bunch of little girls who care more about your appearance than /fa/ does

why cant we teach women to cook for us though

they have enough time

theyre more focused on makeup and twitter and getting attention so they feel good about themselves for another five minutes

Cooking is a meme.
It's like building your own furniture. Completely stupid.

We live in a time where you don't need to cook. You can buy everything ready and just eat it. No extra time or work required.
You can buy the most healthy foods that have ever existed and just not cook.
There's not a single reason for someone to cook unless that's their job.

You don't hunt your own food.
You don't gather your own plants and berries.
You don't own a plot of land where you grow cows.
You're already skipping all these steps that were necessary for survival in the past, yet you cling to cooking, because that's all you have. You have nothing to be proud of so you spend some time on your shitty hobby and brag about it online, as if anyone gave a shit.

I actually grow my own animals and vegetables. That is hard work. Cooking for the average man is an obsolete stupid nu-male hobby.

>Cooking is a meme.
should i fall for the soylent meme instead

This. So much This.

>All-right. A little rundown.
>Cooking, unless you have abyssal talent, or try to do senselessly complicated shit, is a matter of half an hour to 45 minutes
>After that, it tastes better than frozen tier shit, and costs only a fraction of the same
So yeah. If you want to eat more delicious food without eating in restaurants, and want to save some money, cooking yourself is a very fine idea.

I like to control what I eat, so yeah I cook and buy the food, anyway she would probably unable to make something good.
I had the chance to have a mother who cooked a lot and I just copied most of what she did and taught me.

With my gf the pact is she does the cleaning in the house and I cook and make the cleaning in the kitchen, I ask her to help me sometimes too, I don't need her help at all in fact but like that she learns and I think before 2 years she will be able to cook easily.

If you begin to cook it is really simple: one source of protein (meat/fish/eggs), one source of carbs (rice/pasta/potatoes/etc...) and one source of vegetables (choice is almost unlimited).
Don't use too much butter/oil.
Use some spices like curcuma/curry/pepper for your meat/fish.
Then keep a list of printed recipes in a file to change things sometimes (like pizza/quiche/bruschetta/soup/rissoto/sauces/râgouts/etc...).

The hardest part to cook is going to the grocery store and the market (which takes a lot of time and ask for organization), preparing the food in itself don't ask for more than 15 minutes every time and I enjoy it, feeding other people is a nice feeling.

>Not wanting to save that money

What are you, a faggot consumer?

Yeah, because markets totally did not exist in the antiquity.
Fucking retard.

I cook sometimes, my wife does other times. We both excel at different styles of cooking. As long as the kids eat I don't really care.

Modern women are horrible cooks.

Either they view the thing as oppressive due to its antiquated association to gender roles, so they disrespect themselves and never learn on principle. Or, they cook horrendously bad shit with little taste or herbs or spices and have way too many overcooked vegetables crammed in. Why? Because muh diet.

Absolutely no respect for the infinite bulking that is life as an ectomorph, no respect for taste or creativity from simple meals (bitch where's the herbs my pasta?), nothing but casual shit she read from the internet.

Woman, don't you cook. Don't cook not for feminism, but because you fucking suck.

That's not even gender roles, whoever is home at an hour before dinner should cook. If the guy is home and she's out, he better fucking cook and awesome for it, because it's cheesy burritos or hamburgers or bacon feast for dinner, all the shit she won't cook because muh diet.

>Red pill me on X

I thought we banned these types of threads?

Time is money.
If I pay 2 dollars extra for a meal that's a better investment than you spending an hour or even 20 minutes on cooking.
In those 20 minutes I could make enough money to feed myself for a week.

Time is more valuable than a few dollars.

Everyone should know how to cook. It isn't very hard.

>Don't use too much butter/oil.
You can never use too much butter in mashed potatoes - the golden rule you can always add more doesn't apply there. Ramsey has a cookbook for quick meals that's pretty good, the TV shows are for laughs.

basic cooking is a memorized behavior that women can learn without fucking it up, yes.

Once they need to compose anything for a targeted meal, abandon ship.

Not an argument.

Your ''argument'' is literally just acknowledging that one of the steps necessary for survival became obsolete a long time ago.

i see them every day

I love cooking, I love making new things that not only do I find delicious, other people too. I'm still young and I'm entering the military soon so I won't be cooking for too long, but rest assured as soon as I have my own kitchen again ill be experimenting in the kitchen making delicious food.

when I marry, of course my wife is going to introduce me to her ethnic cuisine (I'm going german) and I'll teach her my family recipes. It's not so much a gender role thing; its a common ground that everyone loves.

>Food

a simple yet undesirable pleasure

Yeah, the key to making the best mashed potatoes on the planet is to pile on the butter till it hits 50%.

However that's only for indulgence restaurant stuff and most people would never add that much.

How do I get started

I want to be a master chef. I'm thinking of starting at home, and then taking classes to really refine my skills.

I don't know where to start at home though. Do I just do recipes off the internet?

You, I' would have watched his biopic if they made it

youtube.com/watch?v=G9crDjdIqZo

It looks like it could be as good as The King of Kong was

youtube.com/watch?v=Zet7g8AifJs

This.

It is also pretty satisfying to eat a good meal that you made for yourself.

I wouldn't want to HAVE to cook every day, though.

Im a girl and I always cook for my bf when he comes home

I stumbled on his website sometime I think in 2007. I was perplexed by the level of autism and spent many hours picking through it.

people on this site think uli is just another turbo autistic lolcow but he's a true internet legend

Me too xD

I want to call you a whore or something but that's good.

Be a good wife and have many kids.