Five (5)

five (5)

(None) and still a better player

Yes, 5 penalties TSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The Ballon d'Or is even more worthless than the League Cup.

>only 61 goals
what a fraud

Anyone have the webm of that kid celebrating when Ronaldo wins the balloon door?

>le scores when it matters man

2007–08: chokes penalty in CL final against Chelsea, if Terry doesn't slip, he costs his team the tournament
2008–09: cucked by Messi in the CL final (1)
2009–10: cucked by Messi in the league (2), chokes against Lyon in the CL R16
World Cup 2010: invisible
2010–11: cucked by Messi in the league (3), cucked by Messi in the CL semifinal (4)
2011-12: chokes penalty in the CL semifinal against Bayern
Euro 2012: invisible
2012-13: cucked by Messi in the league (5), chokes against Dortmund in the CL semifinal
2013-14: cucked by Messi in the league (6), bailed out by Ramos, Di Maria and Bale in the CL final
World Cup 2014: invisible
2014-15: cucked by Messi in the league (7), chokes to Juventus in the CL semifinal
2015-16: cucked by Messi in the league (8), bailed out by Ramos in the CL final
Euro 2016: chokes lot of chances throughout the tournament, doesn't face real opposition until the final, doesn't even play in the final (!)
2016-17: needs Barcelona to have legit goals disallowed to win the league, needs several offside goals to win the CL
2017-18: cucked by Messi in the league (9)

>Messi is leading head-to-head in games against Ronaldo
>Messi has almost as many goals in two fewer seasons
>Messi has more assists
>Messi has more titles
>Messi has been the man of the match twice as much*
>Messi's best CL performances are 9, 9 and 8 MoTM performances, while Ronaldo's best are 7, 4 and 4*
>Messi's best leagues performances are 25, 24 and 20 games being MotM, while Ronaldo's best are 17, 13 and 12*
>Messi even has more succesful tackles
>Messi even has more succesful interceptions

* not even rated by journalists, actually calculated statistically based on performance

DELETE THIS

Based Nepal

Imaging winning 5 trophies and still not being the best of your time
must suck to be Rolando

Statfag detected

BTFO

You might not like Ronaldo but you must respect him.

five.

holy fucking BASED

Respect from Hintertupfingen

I think I burned your hut down in far cry 4

F I V E
I
V
E

>leliga stats
lmao

>leliga is bad meme
>he somehow thinks this defends penaldos inferior performance
True brainlet

>play in a mickey mouse league in your entire career
>get carried by a squad filled with world class players and a good manager
>statpad against Las Palmas, Eibar, and Levante
>choke in big games
>disappears when playing for his national team since the starting xi isn't world class
>be a fake nice guy

>gets called the GOAT
Really makes me think

based, a Japanese that doesn't like Ronaldo, this is new

wew

he was obviously talking about Messhit

lmaooooo true af

nobody calls Penaldo the GOAT m8

>play in a mickey mouse league in your entire career
he played in EPL just for a few years tho

fucking this missi is a fraud i wanna see him winning ballon d'or blaying in premier league not by statpadding versus eibar and las palmas

noice

boards.Sup Forums.org/d/iabetes

>inferior performance
kek, guess who's all time top scorer and assister in CL knockouts aka where you dont play vs part time farmers and fishermen from Malaga

This.

>werder bremen, offside goals against bayern, atletico madrid
k

*chokes*

keked and saved

>CL 2006, Man of the Match: Samuel Eto'o
>CL 2009, Man of the Match: Xavi
>CL 2015, Man of the Match: Andres Iniesta
>Olympic Gold Medal 2008, Man of the Match: Angel di Maria
uh oh

*knocks them out of the world cup*

>5 penalties
at least he can score

>CL 2009, Man of the Match: Xavi
Messi
>>CL 2015, Man of the Match: Andres Iniesta
Also Messi, literally created all the chances

Lulz. Would you rather have a Balon or a League Cup? No need to answer, it will either show your hipocrisy, dishonesty or retardation

>argienigger mentioning worldcup
cringe desu

topkek, penaldo leaf proxies on suicide watch

>carried by Neymar and Rakitic
>Messi literally created all the chances
kek try again.

>carried by rakitic

>when you OD on sprite every night of the tournament

Kek

I thought he won one in 2010 wtf

do you ever sleep

>leaf proxy poster laughing at his own joke
This is the part that makes me kek every time, how can he take himself seriously

>""""goat"""" shamelessly carried by 7 (seven) world cup winners
>but dude penaldo offside lmao

based fucking Costi BTFO'ing Missishit cumguzzlers

>must suck to be Rolando

Is it better for spain if Ronaldo or messi wins ballon d'or ?

>Euro 2012: invisible

That's just wrong

messi
>plays with amazing players
>still the best of the team

ronaldo
>plays with amazing players (marcelo, ozil, di maria, kroos, modric, bale) whose sole purpose is feeding him tap-ins
>tap-in master and nothing else

>it's another thread where the penaldo canadian has an absolute autistic fit and posts 30+ times, quickly switching between his japanese and romanian proxies
Will the rangeban ever come lads

>made it to world cup final while injured the whole season, barely moving in the pitch

amazing, this year he'll be healthy and take the win

>troll football
cringe

lmao based kyrat

quite enjoy posting a pic of penaldo and claiming he's the best in the world and then watching the replies ngl

>portugal NT NEVER reached a final before ronaldo
>suddenly appears in 2 with him
>has opened the CL final scoring TWICE
>best teammate was literally a 33 year old Figo or a glass Bale
>ONLY PLAYER TO WIN THE LEAGUE TITLE, DOMESTIC CUP, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, AND GOLDEN BOOT AT 2 CLUBS

>argentina goes from 12 copa americas and 2 WC to 0 (so far) with messi
>disappeared in 3 consecutive finals only to miss a penalty
>scores 2 (TWO) knockout goals in 2015 CL to neymars 7 (SEVEN) (neymar scored in the final)
>has NEVER opened the scoring in the CL final
>has 5 (FIVE) goals in his last 15 (FIFTEEN) CL knockout games
>played with World Cup winners such as Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Villa, Pedro, Puyol, Pique, Abidal, and Henry
>further played with Neymar, Suarez, Ibrahimovic, and Eto'o
>team continues to break transfer records with Dembele and Coutunho

Wow, so this is considered a ""debate""?

solid amerimutt arguments, 10/10

>it's a dumb argienigger thinks playing for 3-4 seasons with bale and di maria is the same thing as playing with Xavi and Iniesta for 10 years in a row
cringe.

>Messi is on his way to his 6th Balon d'Or
>C.Ronaldo is on the decline

JUST

Messi is central to the system, the best player in the system

Ronaldo is just the finisher, put another tall physical centre-forward there and it's the same thing

When Ronaldo gets sent to the MSL and they buy Kane you'll see Kane putting better numbers than Ronaldo

>32 year old natty vs 29 year old roidlord

who would have thought

based Carlitos

>penaldo
>natty

Just going to say it outright. You are beyond delusional if you think Messi is even a top 15 player.
Before you gauchos spam your leaf reddit memes let me present my case.

This manlet has hid in La Liga his entire career. Not only is he simply put, a system baby. He didn't even pretend to challenge himself, but rather choose to hide and face the maniacal Osasuna twice a year. He emerged when Barca's biggest and only rivals Madrid lost their Galacticos team and were put under a rebuilding period post 2006. And even then they couldn't hold their dominance over Real and Atletico.
His teammates went and got themselves 2 European Championships over Germany and Italy, and a World Cup over the Netherlands.
Meanwhile his greatest NT achievement is a win over an eliminated Ecuador missing their best players.

He has only managed to score in the group stages of the World Cup (against the mighty Serbia, Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria) and outright failed to score at all in 2010.
The fearless Argentina has managed to win 12 Copas before Messi, but they must have seen something in his leadership qualities before he unironically retired after missing a penalty in 2016.
The tournament that was held quadrennially, was now presented in consecutive years just for him. And he blew both of them.

Messi may be 2nd all time in CL scoring but he is not even 3rd in goal ratios. He was joint top scorer once in the past 5 seasons, and won it once in the past 6 seasons (his rival has won 3 in 4).
>b-but he has 4 of them! muh 2005/06!
He didn't even make the bench in the final and scored once through the entire competition
Was once again a ghost in the 2014/15 final and scored as much as Neymar throughout.

Blatter presented him a Balon d'Or in 2010, after failing to score in the WC. Meanwhile Sneijder won the treble and reached the WC final.
Maybe he'll win another when he puts on a tantalizing body feint against Celta Vigo next week.

Guys,

I think that one of the two is greater player than the other. But before I say which one, let me say something.

We've all seen them both play numerous times over the last 10-15 years. So we all can form an opinion of our own based on what we've actually seen combined with statistics and what not.
Both have a lot of fans and I want you to try to be as neutral as you can when evaluating these two.

Before I say who I think is the greater player, I'm going to say this, and I'm trying to be as general as I can:

The player I think is the greater of the two is, for the past 10 or so years, the far better player of the two. And it isn't even close. I think he's in a class of his own and the other player is a class or two below. I actually think that this player is the greatest I've ever seen.

Now most of you figured who I'm thinking about.

Why? Because advocates of that player often think the same way. On the other side, advocates of the other rarely think there's a big gap between the two, more often describing them as very close but one slightly better of the two.

And that, for me, is evidence enough who is the greater of the two.
You can say that fans of the one are cockier so they say stuff like that, or you can straight out lie and say that you thought I was talking about the other guy.
But you can't escape the truth. You've all thought of the same guy. No matter what you say. We all know it. He's the greatest.

And I'm not naming him, because I know that it's not necessary. This debate was never really a debate and, deep down, you all know it.

>Sneijder reaching the WC final is an achievement
>Messi reaching the WC final isn't
nice double standards

This kills the Messitards

>be ronaldo
>be self aware of self image, insecure, wants to prove himself
>give 100% for club and country
>play for a motley crew meme team in real madrid, and a dysfunctional gypsy troupe in portugal
>literally carry them into qualifying for major tournaments like the epic 3-2 ronaldo v ibra portugal v sweden game
>salvage unwinnable games as in the USA 2-2 Portugal game, ronaldo was limping injured with no subs left and still provided a HEROIC cross to Varela to steal a draw
>get off injured in final, instead of being an emo BOI on the bench, he kept encouraging his teammates to perform and never give up
>have a 10 million strong country of a poor country be crowned champions of the euros
>Donates blood
>Spends a lot of time with his kid
>Involved in multiple charities
>Paid some kids hospital bill
>Tries to be a great role model

>Be Messi
>Play 4 seperate finals for your country
>Each final lasts for 120 minutes
>Thats 480 minutes of football
>Thats MORE time than 5 (FIVE) standard matches
>He has 0 goals 0 assists in all that time
>Apparently the "GOAT" of football can't produce anything of significance in all that time
>People blame Higuain for all your shortcomings
>People blame Aguero for all your shortcomings
>People don't realize that if you were actually GOAT you would of at least taken one of those matches into your own hands because thats what the GOAT would do
>people still defend you because you scored a nice freekick against team USA (lol)
>People still defend you even though Di Maria carried you to the WC final
>People still claim that you are the GOAT
>Tacky tattoos
>Midlife crisis
>Wacky hair colours
>Convicted tax fraud for millions and millions of euros
>Probably does a lot of drugs

Jesus Christ Croatia just nailed it

b-b-b-b-but he can do it in La Liga :^)

find your inability to correctly/appropriately use a comma so infantile that i have opted to not read beyond your first failure.

its not my first language. i am argentinian and im sure my english is better than your spanish

We tried everything, no regrets about "wasting the GOAT"

We tried making a team that works without him, and putting him on top of it, so he doesn't feel the pressure (Basile). It didn't work.

We tried making a team that plays like Barcelona so he can feel comfortable (Martino, Batista). It didn't work.

We tried making a team that is good at defending and making him the center of our attack, Maradona 1986 style (Sabella). It didn't work.

He chokes against Brazil. Okay, Brazil is a great team. He chokes against Germany. Okay, Germany is a great team. He chokes against Uruguay, okay, they are world champions.

We sacked coaches and players because he didn't like them (Riquelme, Tevez, Basile). We put in coaches and players just because he asked (Martino and his Newell's friends).

He doesn't score in KO games? Maybe he's saving up for the next game. Maybe he's saving up for the final.

Now he had this chance in silverware. He only had to perform against Chile (so you understand how small they are, 3 people died celebrating a Copa America). Many people would have hailed him as the GOAT, even though winning a Copa America of which we have 14 already doesn't mean much.

Not only he doesn't perform, that's okay, another bad day. Not only he doesn't score, it's okay, 11 KO games without scoring, but it's okay, he's still good. Not only he doesn't assist, it's okay, it's your team mates right? They are your friends Messi, you sacked Tevez, you asked for Higuain and Aguero. But okay, we get it, you didn't assist.

On top of all that, he doesn't even run. He just walks the pitch. Fuck him.

>just gonna say it
You've said it about 25 times in this thread alone. You've said it probably hundreds of times across the board this week alone.

Yup. And iIn the same line of thinking:

- Putting one of the two names in any football GOATs top 3 is not only natural, but basically obligatory.
- Putting the other name in a football GOATs top 3 is laughable and the product of a fanboyism that's borderline delusional

>i won't read it because it's true and it hurts my feelings
Typical messhiteaters

kek i havnt even posted on spee for a month. and that was my first post in the thread. believe what you want though

You're going to anger the donaldo fangirls

Nah leaf doesn't have a UK proxy

>most second best player of his era behind Messi
kek

Now do one with Messi's 5 and feature iniesta, xavi and sneijder

Join us at the Valencia-Barca match thread

>Euro 2012: invisible
wrong

>>Play 4 seperate finals for your country
>>Each final lasts for 120 minutes
The 2007 final against Brazil didn't go to ET.

>Troll Football Revolution

GREAT post

what happens in the unlikely event that Messi wins the world cup, leafbro? do you give up or do you have a plan?

I'll congratulate Di Maria for carrying him there

damn....

>no world cup

We have this thread every day

And it's all the same people posting in it, making the same points

god can we ban faggots that argue about which faggot is better at being a bigger faggot?
>inb4 u r mad or mutt xDdD I’m muslim